Thread: 'Enders Bardon to make Xmas return

'Enders Bardon to make Xmas return

EastEnders favourite John Bardon is to make another return to the BBC soap on Christmas Day.

The 69-year-old, who plays Jim Branning, suffered a stroke in June last year and has since been undergoing an intensive rehabilitation programme.

He filmed his first post-stroke appearance in June this year, which was seen by over 8.5m people in August.

Last month, it was reported that he had made another return to Elstree Studios - home of EastEnders - to film a further episode. It has since transpired that he has filmed a brief appearance due to be aired at the beginning of next month, in addition to an episode which sees Jim celebrating Christmas Day with his family on the Square.

Speaking to Scotland's Larnarkshire FM, Walford veteran June Brown, who plays Bardon's on-screen wife Dot Branning, said: "He came back not long ago and he's done two episodes so far. His birthday episode which has come out [already] and then he's done another one which is Christmas day – I don't know if I should say that but it's not really that secret, is it? – and we've tried to make it more jolly, not so bloomin' dreary."

She added: "We have a bit of a laugh and I think it'll be nice."

Good news.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dutchgirl (14-11-2008), tammyy2j (12-11-2008)

that is good to know. plus kinda realistic, since family would make an effort to see him at christmas. crikey, i hope it doesn't make me cry again!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    This is probably the most realistic scene that EE writers have come up with in a coons age..to bring an eldery parent home for the holidays
    I am looking forward seeing John on screen again, I do miss seeing him

Thread Information