Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: University

University

Thought i'd start a new thread for this, as its a bit different to the other ones that are floating around.

Just a thread for the random things about uni. Tips for people going next year, little random observations etc...

Im worried about money when it comes to uni. When should I get a job when I move?
    I mean I have a job now but most of the unis are ages away so I will be moving away

- 2am is an early night. Be proud of yourself.
    - 3 hours sleep is plenty to survive a 9am lecture.
    - Quick food is good food.
    - It is perfectly normal to spend double the amount on alcohol as you do on food.
    - No one ever goes out on the weekend.
    - Any drink over £2 is expensive.
    - Make friends with security. Will get you out of lots of trouble.
    - Fire alarms will always go off on the night when you have an early night. 5am fire alarms are a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    Im worried about money when it comes to uni. When should I get a job when I move?
    I mean I have a job now but most of the unis are ages away so I will be moving away
    Try applying before you get there. Otherwise have your CV ready and apply to nightclubs and bars when you get there. Everywhere will be hiring around that time, its easy to get a job in a club.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:

Abbie (09-11-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    - 2am is an early night. Be proud of yourself.
    - 3 hours sleep is plenty to survive a 9am lecture.
    - Quick food is good food.
    - It is perfectly normal to spend double the amount on alcohol as you do on food.
    - No one ever goes out on the weekend.
    - Any drink over £2 is expensive.
    - Make friends with security. Will get you out of lots of trouble.
    - Fire alarms will always go off on the night when you have an early night. 5am fire alarms are a killer.

2am is a very early night.

It's perfectly normal to live on supernoodles and p*ss your loan up the wall.

You're not a proper student until you nick a trolley or anything else that doesn't belong to you, including a pot duck, which should be held to ransom.

It is obligatory to buy and wear a university hoody.

It is normal to tape you flatmate to a chair and push him/her down the stairs and to tape greaseproof paper across his/her door and make him/her run through it a la Gladiators.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Haha Uni sounds so fun! I can't wait.. just need to get in first!

Two more things:

A pack of jaffa cakes constitutes tea when you have half a pint of milk, half a loaf of bread, a few bowls worth of cereal left and a tin of soup.

You think buying a bottle of booze for a p*ss up on a Sunday night is more important than buying milk for your breakfast in morning.

You're so hungry that you chew on ice to keep the hunger pangs at bay because you can't be bothered to go shopping.
    Last edited by Abigail; 09-11-2008 at 19:49.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Going out on a Monday/Tuesday/Thursday is perfectly normal. Going out on a Saturday is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post

You think buying a bottle of booze for a p*ss up on a Sunday night is more important than buying milk for your breakfast in morning.
    lmao too true!! Today it was like "Do i go to Tesco and buy proper food for dinner, or eat Tuna Pasta and go to Liquid tomorrow?". No competition there!!

I find three hours sleep is plenty for a 9 AM lecture, becuase i catch up the rest in the lecture.

Falling asleep in the Library is perfectly normal.

My personal favourite, no university acconomdation is not complete without a stolen roadsign or cone that has been picked up the night before!

Thread Information