Thread: Moffat only hinting at who's up for New Who

Moffat only hinting at who's up for New Who

Came across this...

Steven Moffat, award-winning writer and show-runner for Doctor Who come 2010, is the man who'll choose the 11th actor to play the show's lead role on live-action television. Naturally, the British and genre press is all over him to tip who will be his choice for Who.

Now that David Tennant is officially out as the 10th Doctor when the new series of special episodes (the trailer for the first of those airing this Christmas is posted, right), Moffat will be able to brand the show with his vision for the next Doctor. U.K. betting odds say David Morrisey is in the lead as the horses round the first turn. That's a safe pick as Morrisey plays the next Doctor in The Next Doctor (the very same Christmas special already discussed). But Patterson Joseph and James Nesbitt are getting good odds, too -- and Moffat worked with both before on his ingenious Jekyll miniseries.

In a testimonial to the international popularity of Russell T. Davies' resurrected show, American publications are also discussing who could be next -- focusing on actors known to U.S. TV viewers like Jason O’Mara from ABC's Life on Mars remake.

But, the only hint Moffat is offering so far came in an interview with the BBC where the executive producer made it clear he believes the young, romantic leading man style of Tennant is played out. The Scotsman believes The Doctor should be 40+ and "weird-looking," playing up his alien nature.

Pay close attention to the news as the mid-November Children in Need telethon arrives. It would be a perfect scene stealer for Moffat to march his new lead actor out to raise money for a kids' telethon.

Source: http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008...-only-hin.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (05-11-2008)

James Nesbitt is 43.

Can't wait for the new series. Steven Moffat is a brilliant writer. I hope he reveals it on Children in need that would be great.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

I swear you've developed a huge obsession with James Nesbitt

I wouldn't take the 40+ thing that seriously Stars; clearly he wanted Tennant to stay on with amount of money that he was offering him and he's 37, I think.
    Last edited by Kim; 05-11-2008 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyLea View Post
    I swear you've developed a huge obsession with James Nesbitt
    No, I swear I've only mentioned him in a couple of posts. I just think he would make a good doctor. He was great in jekyll. And also Murphy's law, before he grew a mustache.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

David Morrissey get's my vote. I can't wait to see the preview on CIN

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information