Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depressed..By my height?!

The average height really has gone up. I was almost the shortest in my year in Year 8, and I haven't grown since. 5"1 isn't short for Year 8, yet I was still short compared to anyone else. Personally I think some kids will just decide that the shorter people in each year are short even if they aren't particularly.

Try not to listen to them Spicy, those in years below are probably jealous that you're in 6th form. It's likely they're not going to achieve much if they'll stoop so low so as to pick on 6th formers. People are going around saying that, "It's only 5C's to get into 6th form," but if it was so easy, more than about half of candidates would be getting it. These people probably aren't going to; they could be the tallest in their year but it won't get them GCSE's and A Levels. There are things much more important than height

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (09-11-2008)

my sister is 29 and is 4 ft 10. my auntie is 53 and 4 ft 10. i am 40 and 5ft exactly, my mum 62 and 4 ft 11. i can honestly say none of us get any nasty comments about our height. you will get on fine in life whatever height you are believe me. those that are making comments must be very immature and as long as you can ride it im sure it will pass. you are what you are and your height has no bearing on you as a person so try not to let it upset you.
    POOKIE

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pookie1968uk For This Useful Post:

im sorry to hear that your height and peoples horrible comments are getting you down spicy. as others have said, just try and ignore them, i know its hard, but in the end youre the better person and thats what matters. my mum is 4"11, my housemate is 20 and is even smaller than my mum (dunno exactly how tall she is), my little cousin who just turned 9 is taller than her (though she is tall for her age!), but once you get older and leave school etc no one cares. your height isnt what makes you who you are, and the people making fun of your height are probably just jealous of you cos of something else so feel they have to pick on your height to make up for it. i hope things get better for you
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to di marco For This Useful Post:

Thread Information