View Poll Results: Will Mandy keep the baby?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • DEFFO!!

25 34.72%
  • Yep!

15 20.83%
  • Probably!

14 19.44%
  • Maybe!

5 6.94%
  • I dont have a scooby!

1 1.39%
  • Possibly!

4 5.56%
  • Theres a chance!

6 8.33%
  • Never in a million years!

2 2.78%
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Mandy Richardson (Sarah Jayne Dunn)

Honestly what was the point of bringing her back, I keep forgetting she is in it!

Quote Originally Posted by moonstorm View Post
    Honestly what was the point of bringing her back, I keep forgetting she is in it!
    I agree.

they should kill her off and they she cant return!

Where is her kid Ella?

Does Tony know she was scamming with Warren?

Former Hollyoaks star Sarah Jayne Dunn has revealed that she would not rule out a future return to the soap.

The actress recently bowed out from her role as Mandy Richardson after almost a year back in the part.

Dunn told OK Extra of her decision to leave: "Hollyoaks is a huge part of my life. But I felt I'd taken the character as far as possible and now I want to try my hand at different things.

"I've just been for an exciting audition, but I don't want to tempt fate by talking about it. If it comes off, it'll be amazing!"

Speaking further about leaving Hollyoaks, she continued: "When I was asked to come back on the show, I felt Mandy had a much darker side to her. The writers gave me some fantastic storylines with Warren Fox and I really had something to get my teeth into.

"But it's time to move on. This is my third time returning to the show. In 2008, I came back for a six-month stint and I originally played Mandy for 10 years before taking a break. I'll always come back if the storylines are strong enough, but at the moment I want to pursue other things."

Hollyoaks fans recently saw Mandy reunite with ex-husband Tony Hutchinson (Nick Pickard), but events later took an unexpected turn when she changed her mind - dumping her on-off partner by letter and leaving the village.

Former Hollyoaks star Sarah Jayne Dunn has revealed that she might be returning to the soap.

The actress, who has played Mandy Richardson on and off since 1996, hinted at the news while being interviewed on Channel 5's The Wright Stuff today (June 12).

© PA Images / Matt Crossick/Empics Entertainment
    Sarah Jayne Dunn

Reflecting on her Hollyoaks career, Dunn commented: "I was only 14 when I started and I started for two episodes. I finished my two episodes and got everyone's autograph, got a photo with everyone and said, 'Right, thank you, bye!'

"Everyone was saying to me, 'You're going to be back, you're the sister of one of the main characters!' I was like, 'No, no, I've finished'. I think I'm still the longest-serving female character!"

She added: "Possibly in the next few months I might be making a little sneaky return. Gemma Bissix has [also] returned and it's very exciting, actually."

Dunn's last appearance on Hollyoaks was in September 2011. Speaking at the time, she stated that it was time to "move on" but refused to rule out a future return.

Former Hollyoaks star Sarah Jayne Dunn has revealed that she originally left the soap to see if she could survive in the acting industry.

The actress, who has played Mandy Richardson on and off since 1996, recently hinted that she could be making a return to the show.

Speaking to the Cambridge News, Dunn said: "It was the first time I'd gone out there to audition and that's why I left really because obviously starting at 14 that's all I knew of the industry and it's not the reality.

"The reality is being unemployed and being inbetween jobs and working on shorter stints of things.

"I was 24 and I wanted to see if I could do it and what it would be like doing the whole audition thing. But it's paid off; I've been busy thankfully."

Reflecting on her Hollyoaks alter ego, Dunn said: "Literally, there wasn't anything that Mandy didn't experience, which was great for me as an actress.

"I've been back a couple of times since leaving, which has been fun. I'm now officially the longest-serving actress in the soap!"

Sarah Jayne Dunn will reprise her longstanding Hollyoaks role this autumn.

The actress - who has played Mandy Richardson on and off in the Channel 4 soap since 1996 - will return for the upcoming sixth series of Hollyoaks Later.

Sarah Jayne Dunn
    © PA Images / Matt Crossick/Empics Entertainment
    Sarah Jayne Dunn

Dunn's return was confirmed on her official website, which stated: "Sarah is returning to Hollyoaks to once again reprise her role of Mandy for the Hollyoaks Later episodes.

"What will be in store for Mandy this time around? Watch this space."

Hollyoaks Later's new series will see fan favourite Tony Hutchinson (Nick Pickard) have an epic adventure in Spain and Morocco.

Mandy was last seen in Hollyoaks in September 2011, when she reunited with ex-husband Tony, but later changed her mind, dumping her on-off partner by letter and leaving the village.

Danny Dyer will play a ruthless ex-pat known as 'The White Man' in the new series, which will air in the autumn.

Hollyoaks is bringing back Mandy Richardson as Sarah Jayne Dunn reprises her role for an exciting new storyline.

Mandy's return was revealed during Hollyoaks' brand new one-off live show on its official Facebook page, ahead of tomorrow night's British Soap Awards.

Sarah has reprised the role for a big storyline, which will see her character Mandy head back to the village with a huge secret that looks set to rock the Hutchinson and Cunningham families.

News of Mandy's return comes weeks after it was revealed that Gary Lucy was reprising his role as her ex-boyfriend Luke Morgan after 15 years away.

Long-term Hollyoaks fans will know that Mandy was in a high-profile relationship with Luke when he was raped by Mark Gibbs, suggesting that the pair's returns could possibly be connected in some way.

Speaking about her return, Sarah said: "It's so nice to be back. I'm thrilled to be back. I've done a couple of little stints, but it's been six years since my last one.

"Mandy is coming back with a big secret and the Cunninghams and Hutchinsons will be shocked when they find out.

"There will also be some interaction with Tony but I can't reveal any more than that. I am really thrilled with what is going on with the character, so I can't wait for everyone to see it. "

Aside from Luke, Mandy has other strong connections with the Chester village as the ex-partner of Tony Hutchinson and the half-sister of Tom Cunningham.

Sarah has played the role of Mandy intermittently for the last 20 years, and was last in the main show in 2011 – before making a brief appearance in a dream sequence in 2013's Hollyoaks Later.

The actress is already back filming with Hollyoaks and Mandy and Luke's return scenes will hit our screens in July.

Digital Spy

so a woman scorned from years back is his blackmailer

Thread Information