Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

15 100.00%
  • John McCain

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: US Presidential elections 2008

So glad he won, so was everyone at college too! Congrats Obama!

I did American Politics in my A Levels, so i was addicted to the TV last night. Yup, i was still awake at 5am watching BBC News, because i'm cool like that.

I think Obama deserved to win. He has a tough battle ahead of him, but i think he has the best team for the job. John McCain has lots of old-school ideals which i don't think would help improve America in these modern times.

It's amazing to see history happen. Just 50/60 years ago, when racism and segregration were at there worse, no one could ever have imagined that this would happen. That someone can be elected on the benefits of them as a candidate, rather than being put aside because of the colour of their skin. Hopefully this will signal a change across the world. Not just in terms of skin colour, but also break down the barriers of age/sex/religion that exist in politics today. David Cameron said that Obama is the first of a new generation of world leaders. I hope he is right.

One of John McCain's mistakes was describing the economy as fundamentally sound just before the financial crash. His ultimate undoing though was appointing Sarah Palin as his running mate, in my opinion. It brought his judgement into serious question and, as Jack Cafferty put it, if McCain was elected then the USA would be "a 72 year old's heartbeat away" from having Palin as President.

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    One of John McCain's mistakes was describing the economy as fundamentally sound just before the financial crash. His ultimate undoing though was appointing Sarah Palin as his running mate, in my opinion. It brought his judgement into serious question and, as Jack Cafferty put it, if McCain was elected then the USA would be "a 72 year old's heartbeat away" from having Palin as President.
    I agree, she wasn't a good choice at all. She has even less experience of national politics than Obama! I think she needs another term as Governor, then at least a couple in the Senate before she would be ready for president. Rumour has it that she is preparing for the Republican 2012 nomination already. I don't think she stands a chance, unless she undergoes a major change.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    I agree, she wasn't a good choice at all. She has even less experience of national politics than Obama! I think she needs another term as Governor, then at least a couple in the Senate before she would be ready for president. Rumour has it that she is preparing for the Republican 2012 nomination already. I don't think she stands a chance, unless she undergoes a major change.
    I think I can see why he chose her but whatever he was thinking backfired spectacularly.

Thread Information