Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Tennant quits

David Tennant quits

He announced on the NTAs that he has quit Doctor Who, and won't be doing anymore after the 2009 specials.

Which is not unsurprising really!!

I love David Tennant in Doctor Who, but he's done it for ages, would be good to see someone else take over.

So who do you want?

Callum Blue for 11th Doctor Because he is relatively unknown still, even though he has had lots of acting experience. Which is pretty similar to David Tennant, really. And he is very good looking

Was sent this link:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ86n6ziHFA"]YouTube - David Tennant NTA announces he's leaving Doctor Who[/ame]

I thought he would do the 2010 series and then go. I've always wondered how long he would stay since there was the report about him leaving before Series 3 had even aired.

talk about a perfect time to make an anouncement!

In a way it's better we hear it from him than in the press; it shows he has a lot of respect for his fans because he didn't leave them to find out in the papers.

I was like this
    Can't believe he is leaving I really hoped he'd do the next series first
    Shame, but he has done it for 3 odd years now, he cant stay there forever!
    Good acceptance speech apart from that Glad he won, although i do agree that Catherine Tate should get one

David Tennant has alot of respect for his fans and by annoucing it last night was the best way to do it

Sad to see him go, but surely he can only go on to bigger and better things

about time he moved on and let someone else take over the role. i never rated him that much as a doctor anyways. can't wait to see who replaces him.

Im really sad, I was in total shock when he said that last night!!!!!!

I think I'm more sad now than when I found out. So glad he's still doing the specials though; we have some good stuff still to come before he goes.

It really wont be the same, it would have been nice to have on more series with him, for us to know it would be the last with him and yes the specials are great but not the same, they better be proper 1 hour long sepcials!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    It really wont be the same, it would have been nice to have on more series with him, for us to know it would be the last with him and yes the specials are great but not the same, they better be proper 1 hour long sepcials!!!
    Yeah it would. I had a feeling in Journey's End that that would be the last 10th Doctor/Rose that we would see but I didn't think it would be the last episode within a series that David Tennant did. Yeah I assume they will be an hour each but obviously the longer the better. And what I want to know is is the Christmas one counted as one of the four specials, because it wouldn't be 2009 then. In the article I read earlier it sounded like one of the specials was going to be aired at the start of 2010 too.

I read that they're thinking that John Simm (The Master) or someone that's in the 2008 Christmas Special could be the next Doctor. That's just ridiculous!

Thread Information