Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand suspended from BBC

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Writing on his Twitter page, Brand commented: "I demand Jack Straw pays the 7bn pounds he squandered on the Iraq war that we didn't want."
    i really dont like russell brand but that comment was pretty amusing!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

JONATHAN Ross is fuming after BBC bosses banned him from broadcasting live, The Sun can reveal.
    From today he must record his Radio 2 Saturday show 24 hours earlier — giving execs time to edit out anything offensive.

They acted after Ross, 48, was alleged to have made an anti-gay jibe on the show two weeks ago. He suggested parents put boys up for adoption if they ask for a Hannah Montana MP3 player, “before he brings his, erm, partner home”.

The remark came after the £18million star was suspended for three months over Sachsgate.

Wossy apologised over his latest gaffe, and denied being homophobic. But last night a Beeb source said it was the “final straw”. He added: “BBC bosses are fed up chewing their fingernails to the quick every Saturday, worried about what he’s going to say. By recording the show the day before they can edit out anything they reckon could cause offence.”

The move has upset Ross. An insider said: “Jonathan is not happy about this at all. He feels he’s been bounced into it by people who just want to have a go at him. He feared this would happen. Now it’s a reality.”

The quiz will stay on the show as bosses plan to "work out a way to keep it". But they will have to be careful how they do this as the corporation was heavily fined after it admitted making up competition callers on its radio shows in 2007.

The BBC said last night: "Pre-recording Jonathan's show enables us to ensure the programme is watertight in line with Compliance whilst attracting the best guests. It's common practice to pre-record radio programmes and both Radio 2 and Jonathan are very happy with the plan."

We revealed how BBC chiefs are planning to slash Ross's £18million deal by at least a quarter - losing him £4.5million.

About time too imo

but wasnt the show recorded that ross and brand did with the phone call and they didnt edit it out? (i might be wrong though) so what makes them think that recording it will make sure nothing offensive happens
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

You are right, their show was not edited before it was broadcast. But now they are going to check it even before that stage, I suppose.

Thread Information