Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor - General Discussion

Talking The X Factor - General Discussion

Please use this thread to discuss The X Factor in general and to post any news stories you have that don't relate to a specific live show.

Separate threads have been created to discuss the individual live shows and can be found further down the forum.

X FACTOR boss Simon Cowell is trying to fix it for one of the girls to win by giving them extra help behind the scenes.

The canny music mogul has realised the girls are the strongest acts in this year’s show and he is convinced they could all be as big as former winner Leona Lewis.

So Simon, 49, has been on hand to dish out more advice to his new batch of hopefuls, even though none of them are in his category.

A show insider said: “Of course Simon wants to win with one of his boys, but at the end of the day he wants the show to be a winner and that means crowning the most talented star.

“He has made no bones about who he thinks are the strongest singers this year – the girls.”

Sexy singer Alexandra Burke, 19, thanked Simon on Saturday’s live show after he helped her with her rendition of Christina Aguilera’s hit Candyman.

Simon stepped in when Cheryl Cole, 25, was forced to take time out to help promote her band’s new song.

And telly’s Mr Nasty was full of praise for Alexandra.

He told her: “I like you as a singer and a person. What a great performance.”

He was also full of praise for Laura White, 21, hippy babe Diana Vickers and former drug addict Rachel Hylton, 26.

Simon told Laura she was “world class” and said he believed there was something “very special” about Diana, 17.

The music guru lost one of his own proteges when Scott Bruton, 19, below left, became the latest act to be kicked off the show.

But backstage Simon could not hide his pleasure at having such strong female artists in the competition.

“All the girls are amazing and incredibly strong,” he grinned.

London babe Leona Lewis, 23, has turned into a global superstar and earned £6million since she won the show two years ago.

Our show mole added: “Leona’s very special. Everyone on the show is looking for another hit like that.”

Simon Cowell has reportedly broken up with his girlfriend of six years, Terri Seymour.

Rumours earlier this year suggested the two were on the verge of a split over Cowell's reluctance to commit.

Now 34-year-old Seymour has apparently told pals that the couple have gone their separate ways.

"We've split up. It's very sad but we decided to go our separate ways. It just wasn't working out between us," she said to friends, according The Mirror.

"There's no one else involved and we want to remain friends."

and...

Sinitta is raising her two children on her own after her husband relocated abroad for work.

Financier Andy Willner has moved to Hong Kong, leaving the singer to bring up three-year-old Magdalena and two-year-old Zac alone.

However, The X Factor star - mentoring assistant to Simon Cowell - insisted that she has not separated from her husband, claiming that the move is "another twist to the tale".

"Has he moved there permanently? Yes. I see us being a family again at some point. I'm not sure how that's going to work out but that's the idea," she told The Mirror. "Not only am I experiencing motherhood for the first time, I'm doing it as a single parent."

She added: "We only see each other every eight weeks. I do miss him."

anyone think they may get back together? or do you reckon Simon will steal Ruth off her fiance?

I have a theory, that the judges get a bonus if they say something positive about Brain and whats hes done for the acts on the love shows.
    I mean lets look at the facts danni isnt one of the fav judges and shes always sucking up to Brian does my head in!

The choreography he does is terrible. Even Simon said so last night for some of the acts - he's ruining people's chances, says the same thing like a broken record and doesn't appear to really know anything - he should just get given the boot.

Louis Walsh has blamed "sympathy voters" for Daniel Evans's continued progress on The X Factor.

In last night's show, the pool cleaner was criticised by the judges for his performance of 'Don't Leave Me This Way', made famous by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, but he was still voted through to the next round by the public.

Irish judge Walsh hit out on ITV2's Xtra Factor after Evans's mentor Dannii Minogue claimed that he deserved to be backed by voters.

"He has major fans and thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for voting!" Minogue said. "I actually think he did a great performance tonight. I thought that song suited him so well and I loved his performance."

Walsh cut in: "Hey, let's cut to the chase, he's getting the sympathy vote. That's it."

Evans had been in the bottom two last weekend but was eventually saved by Walsh in the judges' vote. He appeared to regret the choice later, admitting that he "fell for the sympathy vote" when asked to make his decision.

I don't know why Louis is blaming 'sympathy voters' at home. He had a chance to vote him out of the show last week, but he fell for the sympathy vote himself.
    Last edited by DaVeyWaVey; 02-11-2008 at 12:57.

im sick of this rivalry between simon and louis, when rachel and austin were in the bottom two, louis had 2 choices - he could pick austin and put simon in the same position as him , with only 1 act left or 2, he could have picked rachel and let it go to deadlock.

I think he only chose austin because he was simon's act.
    Maisie Mouse

I dont know louis hasnt really been keen on rachel, well he did call her average.
    But I think he picked austin, cos he did say, him and the public werent connecting

because he came across as desperate!!! i was pleasently surprised last night, he didnt cry as much as i tought - i was expecting them to evacuate the studio in life boats- maybe cowell said- even if you go you'll still get a deal????????

Thread Information