Thread: Late Night Hollyoaks due for November

Late Night Hollyoaks due for November

'Late Night Hollyoaks' for E4

Thursday, June 5 2008, 16:17 BST

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor
    'Late Night Hollyoaks' for E4

Guy Burnet as Craig Dean
    Another late-night version of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks is to air on E4.

The new series, currently entitled Late Night Hollyoaks, will see the return of Guy Burnet as Craig Dean to save his sister in a dramatic cliff-top rescue.

The bank of five 60-minute episodes will also see various characters travel to Belfast with unexpected results; an extremely unlikely marriage; the Dirty Diegos fighting first night nerves as they prepare to play their debut gig; and the students of Hollyoaks Community College spicing things up and getting more than they bargain for.

Tony Wood, creative director at Lime Pictures said: "Hollyoaks is performing well on all fronts. It's viewed by 16 million people across the week and is up 24% on E4. Therefore, it is fitting that the programme should expand across that channel where its audience is growing fastest. This new hour-long format will give far greater scope to explore our characters and I'm delighted to be giving our fans an opportunity to enjoy Hollyoaks even more."

Meanwhile, Camilla Campbell, commissioning editor for drama at Channel 4 said: "Winning more British Soap Awards than any other soap this year goes to show that Hollyoaks has not only grown up in the eyes of the viewers, but it’s also being taken seriously by the industry and critics alike."

She added: "A late night slot on E4 is the perfect opportunity for the writers and producers to take the drama to another level and be more daring with adult storylines, whilst also keeping the fun playfulness that Hollyoaks fans love."

The special episodes will begin filming in September and transmit in November.

Previous late-night specials have included Movin' On, Let Loose, In The City and eight one-offs.

I love that Guy Burnet is meant to be back for these special episodes as Craig, but i enjoyed the JP & Craig sunset happy ending, that i just hope nothing happens that will ruin that image. Im really looking forward to these episodes, sounds like some interesting stories coming up

I love the late night ones

Quote Originally Posted by Abbie View Post
    I love the late night ones
    Me to

I read in the magazine that they have been filmed in wales for scenes that are set in Scotland.
    I Can't wait.

I dont understand Hollyoaks late nights? Do the storylines in them tie with what is happening in the proper Hollyoaks? I just dont get it lol

Quote Originally Posted by xxOShelleyOxx View Post
    I dont understand Hollyoaks late nights? Do the storylines in them tie with what is happening in the proper Hollyoaks? I just dont get it lol
    Yes the stories tie in with the main show, but usually only with a few characters, the whole point is because they are shown after the 9 oclock water shed, they can take the stories up a level with such things as, swearing, sex, violence. They often have a more adult theme than the normal channel 4 6.30pm & E4 7pm shows. I love the late nighters because you always know the show is going to be full of action and great stories

Late Night Spoilers

Nightly at 22:00

Monday, November 24

In an attempt to take her mind off recent events, Craig whisks Steph off on holiday to Scotland.

Niall arrives back in Hollyoaks and with the McQueens no longer his target, seems intent on making Steph his next victim.

Tuesday, November 25

Steph is growing increasingly spooked during her stay in Scotland, unaware however that Niall is spying on her. With Craig out for the night, Niall makes his move on Steph and Tom. But who will the psychotic killer kidnap?

Wednesday, November 26

The newly reformed The Dirty Diegos are set to take Manchester by storm at their debut gig. But will the night go smoothly or will first-night nerves spoil the show?

Steph and Craig are distraught having discovered Tom is missing. It's not long however, until the culprit rears his ugly head and makes contact.

Meanwhile, in Northern Ireland, Mercedes has ditched Zak and headed off by herself. She hitches a ride with a truck driver, who clearly wants to give her more than a lift.

Thursday, November 27

Niall is playing happy families with Steph. When Steph makes a run for it, a menacing Niall follows in hot pursuit. It's a gripping chase, leading to a dramatic climax. One thing is clear - someone's going to get hurt.

Meanwhile, a drunk Sarah and Zoe take their girlie night back to their B&B, where they cross the lines of friendship. Are they about to do something they'll regret?

Friday, November 28

With her wedding to Malachy having been binned, an angry Mercedes heads home to Hollyoaks. Meanwhile Malachy is furious with Mercedes for having revealed his HIV status to the whole of his local community.

Having got more than a little intimate the previous night, Sarah and Zoe are struggling to get their friendship back on track.

And the Diegos are going from strength to strength, but not in a way that is best for all members of the band.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Chris_2k11 (11-11-2008)

Thread Information