Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Soap, Drama and Spoiler Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thread: "Polish 'Enders" filmed in London

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"Polish 'Enders" filmed in London

New drama Londynczycy has been described as a Polish version of EastEnders.

The show, which will air on Poland's TVP1, focuses on young Polish immigrants moving to Britain.

Characters include a 30-year-old construction worker living in Ealing and a fame-hungry 25-year-old woman who wants to marry an English man.

The big budget series, produced by London-based Andrzej Szajna, has been filmed on a £3 million budget at locations across the capital.

Szajna told The Guardian: "All of the scenarios are based on true stories they were told."

He insisted that Britain would be shown in a positive light: "It is Polish people who are screwing over other Poles, which is so often the case in real life.

"There is one scene where there is a girl looking at adverts in a shop window, and a few other Poles come up and say they can help her find a good job in return for £100. You hear stories like that all the time."

I saw an advert for this! Its on tonight I'll tune in and see what its like.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    I saw an advert for this! Its on tonight I'll tune in and see what its like.
    Tell us what you think

Well from what I understood.

It was quite good. Some random kid going to Wembley stadium because he was curious and then getting a tv out of some bins and taking it home.

Russians trying to kill some Polish guy in Tooting hospital. I think it was for drug money.

Polish builders having a fight on a roof.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

wow, sounds interesting

yeh sounds funny, shame its not being shown on british tv!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Thread Information