Thread: Jacks Farewell

Jacks Farewell

I put this here and not in spoilers, as its not really a spoiler I dont think, but feel free to move

Actor Clive Hornby’s death will be addressed on Emmerdale, the show's producer has confirmed.

Series producer Anita Turner explained that the village will get to say goodbye to Clive’s character Jack Sugden, in the New Year.

She told Inside Soap magazine: “I want to play out his tribute episode as close to the anniversary of his last appearance on screen as possible, so we’ve storylined it to happen in February.

“Clive was such a nice man and everyone adored him.”

Jack Sugden was a pivotal character in Emmerdale for 28 years, making Clive the longest-serving cast member in Emmerdale history.

He passed away on 3rd July 2008.

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

Jack's sendoff will be a tearful event just like when Stan Richards (Seth) died.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Jack Sugden will die in the New Year

Sheila Mercier and Karl Davies are returning to Emmerdale for a special episode which will pay tribute to late actor Clive Hornby.

Hornby, best remembered for playing Jack Sugden for 28 years on the ITV1 soap, passed away in July following a period of ill health.

Show producers are now planning a special edition of the programme which will see the village bidding farewell to Jack at his funeral.

Mercia, who played Jack's mother Annie from 1972 until 1994, explained: "It will be a pleasure to return for this special tribute episode to Clive. I'm sure it will be a fitting way to celebrate the life and memory of one of Emmerdale's dearest characters."

Davies, best known for his role as Jack's son Robert, added: "I was lucky enough to work with Clive over a number of years and he was the kindest, funniest man you could've wished to meet. I'm sure the show he loved will pay a fitting tribute to a genuinely wonderful person. I'm glad to be a part of it. He will be missed."

The episode will air in February 2009 to coincide with the first anniversary of Hornby's final appearance on screen.

Series producer Anita Turner said: "It was hugely important to everyone at Emmerdale that we waited until an appropriate time to pay tribute to Clive on screen. We have been in discussion with Clive's son throughout this process and hope this episode will honour the memories that viewers, friends and colleagues hold of him."

Pleased that Annie and Robert are coming back for this. It will be so sad

About Jack's farewell. From Inside Soap.

Spoiler:

Poor Andy Sugden receives devastating news this week, as he learns that his adopted dad, Jack, has passed away in Spain.

The news couldn't come at a worse time for the farmer, who's been languishing in the depths of despair since his wife, Jo, left and handed his daughter Sarah over to her mum, Debbie Dingle. And as Andy struggles to get things in order at Butler's farm while dealing with his depression, things are made worse by the Dingle clan threatening to refuse him access to Sarah.

When Andy decides to sell the farm at the start of the week, his adopted sister, Victoria, is furious, as it's the last remaining link to her dad.

And as she makes plans to visit Jack in Spain, the family receive a call from Jack's mum, Annie, to say he's had a heart attack - and it falls to Diane to break the news to Victoria and Andy that their beloved dad has died. As the devastating loss sinks in, will it spur Andy to put his recent troubles behind him and support his family?

Off screen, this emotional storyline follows the death seven months ago of much-loved actor Clive Hornby, who played the farmer for 28 years. Jack's funeral will be screened next week.

"It was hugely important to everyone at Emmerdale that we waited for an appropriate time to pay tribute to Clive on screen," explains series producer Anita Turner. "We've been in discussion with Clive's son throughout this whole process, and really hope the episodes will honour the memories that viewers, friends and colleagues hold of him."
    Thanks CrazyLea

I am sure they will make it a great tribute to a great actor and much loved character in Emmerdale

Let's hope they don't over shadow his tribute with stupid dingle nonsence.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I should not think so, they usually focus on the family of the deceased for that episode.

This is going to be very sad

Sad stuff. Really good that Annie and Robert are coming back for the funeral.

Thread Information