Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Branning (Jake Wood)

is his revenge on hold over the deaths?

EastEnders has finally revealed what we all suspected - Max Branning has a huge ulterior motive behind his return to Albert Square.

Max (Jake Wood) has been nice as pie ever since he arrived back on Christmas Day, but we always had a feeling that he was only biding his time before causing chaos.

What's slightly more surprising is that Max has teamed up with a mysterious new character, who appears to have some big - and very concerning - plans for Walford.

And it sounds like it's the Carter family who should be worrying the most right now, fuelling those rumours that they could lose the Queen Vic. Come on, Max - what have they ever done to you?

Max Branning meets up with a mystery man in EastEnders
    © BBC

Thursday's episode ended with Max having a secret meeting at The Shard with his new acquaintance, who was played by Upstairs Downstairs and The Archers actor Simon Williams.

Credited only as "Chairman, Weyland and Co", the new arrival seemed very keen to check up on Max and what he'd been up to since returning.

Looking out over London, he told Max: "That's where I grew up over there. Deprived, depressed. Not many people got out of there, believe me. But look at it now. Brimming with potential. New housing, thriving businesses. Finally, it's a place where people aspire to live.

"The trouble is, too many people have a foot in the past. They can't see the big picture. From what I hear, you're going great guns."

Max Branning meets up with a mystery man in EastEnders
    © BBC

Finally getting a word in edgeways, Max replied: "Yeah, I'm getting there."

The mysterious "Chairman" soon added: "You're a man after my own heart, Max. Never let emotions get in the way of progress. So, what about the pub?"

Max promised: "Well, that's next on my list. Let it burn for all I care."

Only time will tell what Max and the new arrival are planning, but the shock plot twist comes just one day after the EastEnders cast told us that the pub's future would be a big talking point this year.

Ted Reilly, who plays Johnny Carter, told Digital Spy at the National Television Awards: "There's a few problems going on at The Vic. I think it's going to be one of the running topics of this year - what's going to happen with the Queen Vic."

Luisa Bradshaw-White, who plays Tina Carter, added: "I think there is a danger - I think there is! It's a scary time - maybe we all lose the Queen Vic possibly, who knows? I'd be gutted."

Digital Spy

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-01-2017)

hero of walford

his revenge has slowed down needs to gather pace as lose momentum

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (06-04-2017), kaz21 (05-04-2017), parkerman (05-04-2017), tammyy2j (06-04-2017)

EastEnders revenge plan as Max Branning finally swoops in to steal The Vic
    EastEnders has just revealed more about Max Branning's mysterious plans, as he persuaded Shirley Carter to sell The Vic.
    We knew from next week's spoilers that Shirley would have some huge decisions to make in order to solve the family's financial problems, but tonight's twist has shed more light on the cause of her dilemma.
    The Carters were thrown into another crisis this week when the kitchen ceiling caved in at the Queen Vic – leaving Lady Di injured and their home in a mess.
    Although Lady Di survived the shock incident, further tests showed that she had been suffering with pneumonia for some time, meaning she needs urgent (and expensive) treatment if she stands any chance of surviving.
    To make matters worse, the Carters were devastated to learn that they had reached the end of their overdraft, but Shirley remained optimistic throughout the episode – determined to find a solution to the Lady Di problem.
    Aware of how much the dog means to Mick, Shirley swallowed her pride and set about trying to find the money elsewhere. However, when her plans to borrow from Phil Mitchell and Kim Fox both failed, she was given a tempting way out of her dilemma.
    Having kept a close eye on the Carters' plight throughout the episode (and basically just ever since he returned), Max wasted no time before wading in with a solution that many fans will have seen coming.
    Following Shirley upstairs, Max told her that she did have some viable options – suggesting that she could sell the freehold on the pub to release some money.
    Given that Shirley only has a partial share in the pub, she immediately refused – adamant that Mick would never condone it. However, when Max quickly pointed out that she'd be doing her son a huge favour, it's clear that she could be tempted.
    Next week's episodes will explore the aftermath of Max's life changing offer, but given that he is clearly up to no good, would Shirley be making a big mistake by selling?

So, Max turns out to be the villain after all and Ian and Jane get away with everything......

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (22-04-2017), lizann (14-05-2017), tammyy2j (03-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    So, Max turns out to be the villain after all and Ian and Jane get away with everything......
    I was hoping he would soon start his revenge on them, instead after helping get the Vic next is Jack as I think he convinces Dot to contact Charlie to take Matthew

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

kaz21 (03-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    yes max turning out to be evil villian tyrant ultimately loser, well done for such a bloody epic failure revenge storyline

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-05-2017), parkerman (18-05-2017)

I posted this in episode discussion but feels more appropriate here, the problem with Max's revenge storyline is we the viewer should be siding with Max and Charlie but it is Max who is coming off nasty wanting to hurt his grieving brother Jack and step mother Dot by having Charlie take Matthew

I honestly think the writers are just making Max the villain to gain support for the ones who wronged him so they can go unpunished, Phil bribed a jury to get Max guilty, it would be poetic justice that a sober not sick Phil be sent to prison instead of away to a rehab clinic while Steve has time off plus we have not seen Max do anything to Ian, Jane, Sharon or Phil yet and I doubt he will to Lauren or Abi and in Abi's case she didn't know Bobby was the killer, I do think her like Jack and Dot believed Max guilty

Max should be told about Keeble and Bryant's behaviour and I would like Marsden to return

And where is Max living?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-05-2017), lizann (18-05-2017), parkerman (18-05-2017)

EastEnders star Jake Wood has revealed that Max's revenge on the Albert Square regulars is to play out over years rather than months.

Likening the storyline to Max's fling with Stacey, Wood told RadioTimes.com: "All the best storylines that people enjoy are mapped out over a long period.

"With Max and Stacey - that was always a three-year storyline and Max's revenge is going to play out for at least that long, hopefully."

Viewers have already seen Max convince Shirley to sell the freehold of the Queen Vic, while also trying to part Jack from Ronnie's young son Matthew.
    Wood also said that the likes of the Beales were also "guilty by association" in not attempting to exonerate Max while he languished in prison for a crime he didn't commit.

RT
    Last edited by Perdita; 24-05-2017 at 17:58.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (25-05-2017), parkerman (24-05-2017), tammyy2j (25-05-2017)

Thread Information