Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Branning (Jake Wood)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    DI Keeble, that was her name.
    oh yes keeble letting beales off was a joke

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-11-2016), Glen1 (22-11-2016), parkerman (22-11-2016), Perdita (22-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    "Because they had suffered enough already."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-11-2016), Glen1 (22-11-2016), Perdita (22-11-2016)

oh the poor poor beales

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-11-2016)

oh the poor poor beales

That's it couldn't remember her name

That's it couldn't remember her name

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kaz21 For This Useful Post:

Perdita (22-11-2016)

They should start building up Max's return now

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-11-2016), lizann (23-11-2016)

EastEnders airs the big moment that fans have been waiting for this Christmas as Max Branning returns to Walford to a very mixed reception.

Max has avoided Albert Square since being released from prison earlier this year, but it's now finally time for him to reunite with his family - and come face-to-face with the Beales.

Can Max forgive Abi for turning her back on him when he needed her support? And will he go out for revenge against Ian and Jane after being stitched up for Lucy's murder? Here, Jake Wood - who plays Max - reveals some early gossip.

What has Max been up to since we saw him briefly earlier in the year?

"Well Max has got out of prison and he disappeared for a bit and then he returns and he is much changed. I think prison has had a big effect on him, so he is very different from when we last saw him. I think the reaction he gets will be interesting."

Why has he decided to come back properly now?

"The viewers will have to wait and see."

Do you feel you have come back to a very different show?

"There are always slight differences when there is a change of boss. I think it is really exciting that we've got [new executive producer] Sean [O'Connor]. I really like him and I like his ideas for the future.

"I think the show is changing. I saw a couple of episodes last week and I think the whole feel of it is changing. The way it looks was sort of more filmic and beautifully lit and there are really good positive changes ahead. It seems to be more character based. As an actor, I think it is at its best when it is character based."

What was the reason for your break from the show?

"I did nine years without a break and, as you know, the schedules can be very demanding here. I have a very young family, it was off the back of Strictly as well and I was just exhausted and worn out, so that was one side of it.

"The other side of it is that it gives a character a break. It gives the character a reboot and refresh and I always have that in the back of my mind.

"I love EastEnders and I want to be here longer term. It's ten years already and I still really love it here, so for me it was positive in both respects. I got a break and spent amazing family time for that year, and I think Max has come back refreshed and I think the writers are very excited writing for him again. So for me that is very positive as well."

What did you do for the year at home?

"Just be a dad and be at home. Made 100% use of it. I did every school run, watched every school production and went to every sports day. I just engrossed myself in family life. I knew I was coming back here, so there was no pressure. I got offered bits and pieces, but for me I didn't want to do much, it was about spending time with my family. I felt very, very lucky to be in that position as a dad so it was amazing year."

You also went travelling...

"Yes, to Turks and Caicos in the summer, and Sicily. I've got family in France. I was in a position where if someone called me up and wanted a weekend away, I could just go and I hadn't been in that position for 9 years where my time is my own. It was lovely, I just enjoyed life."

Jane is shocked to see Max
    BBC
    Did you have lots of people asking when you were coming back?

"No not really, the attention died down when I wasn't here. People are excited about Max coming back and to know what he's been up to, so I'm getting more of that now. I'm glad people are excited to see him back."

Is there anyone in the Square you think Max would be a good match for?

"Well Max has changed, so will he go back to his old ways? Let's wait and see. He might go back to his old ways. I think the audience at certain points will know more than the other characters so that's an interesting point."

How will the residents react to Max's return?

"I think some will be happier to see him than others. I hope his daughters will be pleased to see him, and hopefully Jack too. I'm not sure how welcome Max will be back in the Square at first. Especially by the Beales!"

What is his relationship with Lauren and Abi like at this point?

"A little bit fractured! Things are better between Lauren and Max than Abi and Max. I think Lauren will be more pleased to see him. Hopefully Abi will come around. Max is a changed character coming back so hopefully the girls will see that."

Lauren Branning tells Abi that Max has returned in EastEnders
    BBC
    Do you think Max could ever forgive the Beales for what they did?

"If he's going to live on that Square, they have to come to some sort of understanding, put it that way. I think it's really up to Max whether he forgives them or not. He spent all that time in prison as a result of them lying in court. So it depends how Max feels when he gets back and how much he's changed and willing to forgive them."

What has prison done to Max?

"He's a changed character. We'll find out as we go along. For me, coming back has been really interesting to see the changes in Max. I don't think he's exactly the same character as when he left. I think the viewers will be surprised and excited about the changes."

What's it like filming Christmas at EastEnders?

"It goes on forever! (Laughs.) We've had months of it before we get to the real thing. It's lovely though. It feels so magical and the Square always looks great, especially at night when it's all lit up. It gets you excited for the real thing."

If you could give Max any Christmas present, what would it be and why?

"In days gone by it would have been a bottle of whiskey, but that might have changed now. It would probably be a cuddle. I think he needs a big cuddle after the last year."

What was it like coming back? What was your first day back like?

"It was totally different but totally the same. It was like putting on a comfy old pair of slippers. Just eased straight back into. A lot of the crew are the same too. It's just like coming home."

What did you miss the most whilst you were away?

"I like routine and I like working hard. I missed the routine of coming to work and spending time with the people here. So just that sense of being part of the EastEnders family."

EastEnders airs Max's return on Christmas Day at 9.30pm on BBC One.

Digital Spy

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-12-2016), Splashy (03-12-2016)

Isle of Widget.. well used to be more Southampton ish for now
    If he dosent enact revenge on the Beals I will be very disappointed!

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Splashy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (03-12-2016), lizann (24-12-2016), parkerman (03-12-2016), Perdita (03-12-2016), tammyy2j (24-12-2016)

Thread Information