Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Branning (Jake Wood)

EastEnders womaniser Max Branning will embark on another surprising relationship next month as he charms the detective who is investigating Lucy Beale's murder, Digital Spy can confirm.

DC Emma Summerhayes, played by Anna Acton, will find herself succumbing to Max's advances as they grow closer in upcoming episodes.

Viewers will see Summerhayes start to spend more time with Max early next month after the Lucy murder inquiry takes some new twists.

Summerhayes initially deals with Max in a professional capacity, but they end up striking up a bond and head to bed together one evening.

An EastEnders insider told Digital Spy: "Once again Max is beginning a relationship that could have big repercussions on Albert Square.

"Summerhayes is potentially jeopardising her career by getting romantically involved with Max, as his fling with Lucy makes him a possible suspect in the murder case. Max is also playing with fire by risking further upset with the Beales.

"But despite the forbidden nature of the relationship, there's clear chemistry between the new couple and fans will have to wait and see whether Max has met his match. Could Summerhayes be the one to tame him?"

Denise comforts Ian after the police update him on Lucy's murder.
    © BBC
    Summerhayes with Ian and Denise

Acton made her first appearance on EastEnders a month ago as Summerhayes was one of the two detectives who broke the news to Ian that Lucy was dead.

The show newcomer will feature more prominently on screen as her relationship with Max begins in June.

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins had previously told fans that the detectives in the Lucy plot would feature in their own storylines.

He said last month: "We don't want the police to come across as incompetent soap police. If the police were really good, we'd have no story to tell and there'd be nothing to watch, but as time goes on, some of the police are changed and some people are taken off the case.

"We also try to characterise each police officer, so they're not just generic fact-givers. They're all characters in their own right and they've got loads of stories running through as well."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (23-05-2014)

Is anyone off limits for him

EastEnders star Jake Wood has told Digital Spy that he wants his character Max Branning to settle down with his new love interest Emma Summerhayes.

Last week, it was revealed that Max will soon embark on a surprising relationship with Summerhayes, who is one of the detectives investigating Lucy Beale's murder.

Speaking to Digital Spy about the new storyline, Wood commented: "I think there's real chemistry between them. We saw that from the moment when they first met. You could see that Max was taken with her.

"Hopefully it's a genuine feeling between both of them and Max will find some happiness. He'll find a good woman and he'll settle down - that's what I'm hoping for."

He added: "We've seen a lot of Max feeling lost since Tanya left. Obviously that's why he fell into the relationship with Lucy. Hopefully now there's a real, genuine spark between Max and Emma.

"From Max's point of view, it could be love - but we'll have to wait and see."

The new plot begins early next month as Summerhayes starts to spend more time with Max after the Lucy murder inquiry takes some new twists.

Summerhayes initially deals with Max in a professional capacity, but they end up striking up a bond and head to bed together one evening.

An EastEnders insider told Digital Spy last week: "Fans will have to wait and see whether Max has met his match. Could Summerhayes be the one to tame him?"

A little joke from EastEnders actor Jake Wood has caused bookmakers to cut their odds on his character Max Branning being the killer in the 'Who Killed Lucy Beale?' storyline.

Wood was spotted by TV cameras at the PDC World Darts Championship at the weekend and he played up to the audience by writing the cheeky message "I Killed Lucy" on a sign for the Sky Sports cameras.

Jake Wood reveals a secret at the PDC darts
    © Twitter / Steve Welsh/William Hill

Max is among a large number of suspects involved in the storyline, which will reach its crescendo in the show's 30th anniversary celebrations in February.

Wood's little joke might not have been serious, but bookmakers haven't taken any risks and William Hill cut its odds from 12/1 to 4/1 after viewers of the prank placed a flurry of bets on him.

The bookmakers' favourites to be revealed as the killer are currently Abi Branning, Jane Beale, Denise Fox and Lauren Branning.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BD7BC...rV61FUCf_GChSS

EastEnders will air a special flashback episode next month as viewers finally discover what really happened on the night of Lucy Beale's murder and who was responsible.

The must-see episode will air as part of the BBC soap's 30th anniversary week, filling in the blanks and answering the questions which have kept fans guessing since April.

Hetti Bywater will reprise her role as Lucy for the one-off special.

shock storyline coming up for max

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/e...et-big-5698165

Jake Wood reveals: “Max is always in the mix, he’s always up to something, he’s always up to no good. I would say the next couple of months are very exciting for Max and there will be a big shock in store.”

Maybe a Karen returns pregnant or he has picked up an STD

I was thinking prostate cancer first but he was tested for cancer or was that only his daughters when Carol was diagnosed?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I was thinking prostate cancer first but he was tested for cancer or was that only his daughters when Carol was diagnosed?
    I think they were tested for the breast cancer gene only.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (15-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I think they were tested for the breast cancer gene only.
    Maxs mother had the BRAC2 gene - if any
    of her children were carriers they have
    higher chance of having breast cancer
    (regardless of gender) It also increases
    possibility of ovarian or prostate cancer?!

I think.only Carol & Sonia were found to
    be carriers?? Or have I remembered it
    incorrectly.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-05-2015), Perdita (15-05-2015), tammyy2j (16-05-2015)

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 15-05-2015 at 18:55.

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    It also increases
    possibility of ovarian or prostate cancer?
    Thanks, I didn't realise that. I think you're correct about Carol and Sonia as I can't remember anyone else being worried about it.

Thread Information