Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Branning (Jake Wood)

Actor Jake Wood has said that he is excited to see what the future holds for his character Max.

Jo Joyner, who plays Max's on-off wife Tanya, has recently announced her departure from the soap. Scott Maslen, who plays Max's brother Jack, is also leaving.

However, Wood has said that he is interested to see what is in store for Max and Kirsty once Tanya and Jack have left.

Speaking to Inside Soap, he said: "On a personal level, I'm really going to miss both Jo and Scott. But in terms of characters, I think it'll be very interesting to discover how Max will cope without those strong relationships around him.

"We'll have to wait and see exactly what the future holds for him and Kirsty, but I'm very excited about the next year ahead."

Wood also revealed that despite Joyner's upcoming departure, there is still more to come with Max and Tanya.

"Jo is here until May, so there's still plenty to come for Tanya and Max. The characters work as well apart as they do together, and the EastEnders audience has got a real treat in store with what's coming up."

Speaking of next week's episodes, in which Max tries to force Kirsty into having an abortion, Wood said: "It dawns on Max that there's just no going back.

"Tanya realises Max is forcing Kirsty to have a termination because he's hoping he's still got a chance with her. But Tanya explains that it's not going to happen, and he's devastated.

"Max has had his foot in two camps for too long. It's sad, and I think Max has tried to make Tanya realise that it's not all his fault. She sent him away all those months ago because she had cancer, and she told him that their marriage was over. So Max went away and fell in love with Kirsty, and they built a very real, genuine connection."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-04-2013)

I see zero chemistry between Max and Kirsty

Jake Wood has confirmed that he is sticking with the soap for the foreseeable future.

The actor, who plays Max Branning, revealed that he has signed a new contract with the Walford show as he was interviewed live on ITV's Daybreak this morning (April 19).

Speaking about his time playing Max, Wood commented: "He's a fantastic character. I've been there seven years and I love Max Branning. He's such a well-rounded character. He's great fun to play.

"I think there's lots of different sides to Max. I think that's hopefully why audiences have warmed to him. He can be a good family man when he wants to be - fleetingly!"

Asked whether viewers give him stick over Max's infidelity storylines, he replied: "No, I've always been very positively received. I'm thankful for that. I think if you were in the show and people were giving you stick every day, that would be unpleasant. Thankfully people have really warmed to Max Branning.

"It's seven years now and I've just signed another contract. I'm there for the foreseeable future."

Tonight's episode of EastEnders sees Max attempt to win back on-off partner Tanya (Jo Joyner), despite the fact that his wife Kirsty (Kierston Wareing) is claiming to be pregnant.

Wood said: "In typical Branning form, he's keeping all the options open. He's being a bit unfair to Kirsty.

"We'll find out [what happens] tonight. It's a fantastic episode tonight. Simon Ashdown, who created the Brannings, has written the episode. We'll wait and see, but as we know, Jo Joyner is leaving us in about three weeks."

EastEnders continues tonight at 8pm on BBC One.

Let's hope that at some point in the "foreseeable future" the scriptwriters can get Mr Wood and Ms Joyner off the "max wanta tanya back/tanya wants max back" merry-go-round, because it's been done to death and ceased to be interesting ages ago. Talk about Groundhog Day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Brucie For This Useful Post:

parkerman (23-04-2013)

EastEnders star Jake Wood has praised Lauren Branning's ongoing alcoholism storyline, stating that this week's episodes see the soap "at its best".

The actor's character Max received a nasty shock in last night's (June 25) episode as his wayward daughter was diagnosed with severe liver damage as a result of her drinking problem.

Over the rest of this week, Max and his on-off partner Tanya (Jo Joyner) are forced to accept that their constant dramas have played a significant part in causing Lauren's woes.

Wood told ITV's This Morning: "I think that's why it's been so beautifully mapped out, really. We've seen Max and Tanya's friction over the years and the damage it's had on Lauren. Over the past couple of years, she's been drinking sporadically, but we've seen it in the show over a long period.

"With the stuff we've seen on the show this week where [Lauren] gets hospitalised and very seriously ill with hepatitis, if you're a viewer, you've watched it over a period of time and you've invested in it."

He continued: "I've always said that's when EastEnders is at its best - when it takes issues that are affecting people in this very moment in time, researches them and plays them out over a long time. Hopefully it'll have some benefits.

"I've had lots of people coming to me, talking about the storyline and Lauren in particular. For me, playing it was very shocking."

The Brannings' storyline comes to a head on Friday as Tanya decides to leave Albert Square. Max's brother Jack (Scott Maslen) will also be bowing out later this year.

Discussing the future, Wood added: "The whole dynamic of that family will change over the next few months. It's quite an interesting time for Max and his family!"

EastEnders producers have reportedly expressed a desire to keep actor Jake Wood for another ten years.

According to the Daily Star, BBC bosses are said to have asked Wood to extend his stay on the soap as Max Branning, having recently signed a new deal.

Wood has played Max on the soap for seven years, while his onscreen wife Tanya (Jo Joyner) recently departed indefinitely.

Speaking about his future hopes for Max, Wood said: "I enjoy being there and I like playing Max, so hopefully I'll be there for many more years to come.

"At the moment I am committed to EastEnders and I'm very happy there."

He added: "There are a lot of exciting things coming up for Max.

"Obviously Tanya has gone. We'll have to see what happens with him, but I know they have some great plotlines for the rest of the year."

EastEnders star Jake Wood has said that he would like his character Max Branning to have a break from women.

It was recently confirmed that Max's on screen wife, Kirsty Branning (Kierson Wareing), will bow out of the show next year. Max's former wife Tanya (Jo Joyner) left in June.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Wood said: "With Max's wife Kirsty going, I think it would be good for him to have a break from women for a while.

"It will be nice to see a different side to him and do something different and not woman-related. I am sure that my real wife would be happy about that too."

Max ends his relationship with Kirsty.
    © BBC

Wood also confirmed that he has signed a new contract meaning that he is committed to the show for at least another two years, saying: "Yes, I will be here for the foreseeable."

Viewers will know that Max is currently in prison after being framed by Carl White for his car accident with Phil Mitchell.

EastEnders star Jake Wood has said that he would like his character Max Branning to have a break from women.

It was recently confirmed that Max's on screen wife, Kirsty Branning (Kierson Wareing), will bow out of the show next year. Max's former wife Tanya (Jo Joyner) left in June.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Wood said: "With Max's wife Kirsty going, I think it would be good for him to have a break from women for a while.

"It will be nice to see a different side to him and do something different and not woman-related. I am sure that my real wife would be happy about that too."

© BBC

Wood also confirmed that he has signed a new contract meaning that he is committed to the show for at least another two years, saying: "Yes, I will be here for the foreseeable."

Viewers will know that Max is currently in prison after being framed by Carl White for his car accident with Phil Mitchell.

he is being linked to sadie now as her new lover

EastEnders charmer Max Branning is left shellshocked next week as David Wicks accuses him of killing Lucy Beale.

When the police reveal that Lucy was murdered and that she was exchanging texts with a mystery contact before she died, it doesn't take long for David (Michael French) to figure out that Max is hiding something.

Here, Jake Wood - who plays Max - reveals how his character reacts as David piles on the pressure…

How does Max cope after he learns that Lucy is dead? Does he worry that someone might find out about their fling?
    "No, I don't think so. Max being Max will think he is able to get away with it. I think he's a bit of an innocent in terms of the murder and all of that. He is in the wrong place at the wrong time and Max is adamant that he had nothing to do with the murder, and basically he is just trying to cover his tracks in terms of the relationship he had with Lucy.

"I don't think Max feels guilty about it - he just wants to maintain a relationship with his children and he knows that if it came out, it would be devastating for them. It'd be especially upsetting for Lauren, and with her drinking it is all very delicate.

"It would be devastating for Max personally if the news came out about their affair, so I think he feels the best plan of action is to cover his tracks and not to talk about it or mention it."

The police try to piece together everything about Lucy's last few weeks, but Lucy did tell Max that she deleted all of the messages she got from him. Is that one reason Max is able to get away with it for now?
    "Yeah - also Max has got another phone he used just for Lucy and he gets rid of it, so he thinks he has covered his tracks."

Does Max grieve for Lucy, or is he more scared about the implications of her death for him?
    "I think it's a bit of everything. I think Max is upset that Lucy died in that way and he must be grieving in some way. Also Lucy was Lauren's best mate, so he is trying to support her through the grief as she is obviously very upset."

Next week, the police reveal that Lucy's death was murder, rather than a random mugging as they'd originally thought. How does Max find out that's the case?
    "I think he read it in the newspaper, so again that intensifies and increases the pressure on him, because it's important that the police find out what Lucy was up to in her last few weeks. That puts more pressure onto him.

"When they initially report it as a mugging gone wrong, Max doesn't see the relevance of that - but obviously he can see that he can be a suspect as well and he is worried about that."

Is Max worried that Lauren could relapse out of grief for her best friend?
    "Yeah, I think so. There is no reason to think that this wouldn't be a big enough shock for Lauren and send her back drinking again. So obviously that is a concern for Max, but he doesn't want to complicate things for Lauren by giving her the other news that he was seeing her best friend before she died. Obviously he is just concerned for her and trying to support her through it."

The police tell Ian that Lucy was exchanging texts and phone calls with a mystery person before her death, so Ian starts interrogating people on the Square. Does he include Max in that?
    "For some reason Ian overlooks Max, and Max is obviously very happy about that. I know Ian questions David Wicks, and David pre-warns Max that a question might be coming his way - but Ian skims over Max. He obviously doesn't see him as a suspect or a high priority."

But David does suspect that Lucy's mystery contact could be Max… How does Max react when David confronts him over it?
    "David puts the pressure on Max, because initially he thinks that Max might have something to do with the murder. Obviously Max is acting suspiciously and I think David has noticed that he changed phones. Max is acting suspiciously in David's eyes, so he confronts him with the possibility that Max is the murderer.

"Max is obviously shocked and put out at that, so he goes on to reveal that the reason for his behaviour was that he was seeing Lucy. Max makes David promise not to say anything, but David says that he is going to go and tell Ian because Ian deserves to know. Max then gets fearful for his situation."

What are David's motivations?
    "I just think David is being compassionate towards Ian and he feels that Ian needs to know. But David being David, he likes to have information on other people so we will have to see where it goes."

Will this change the dynamic between David and Max?
    "Max has always been slightly wary of David. They are very similar characters in some ways, so I think Max feels if he tells him something and he chooses not to tell Ian, then Max can trust him. David has probably been there in difficult situations previously and it takes one to know one."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (22-04-2014)

Thread Information