Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Max Branning (Jake Wood)

she looks a rough one, like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards!! lol

But maybe Max and has rough image and Kirsty could end up back together AGAIN(!) Is this the final straw for Tanya after all Max's discressions....

EastEnders star Jake Wood has praised his character Max Branning's upcoming relationship turmoil, describing the scenes ahead as "heart-wrenching".

Max is kicked out by Tanya Cross next week when she realises that his feelings for secret wife Kirsty (Kierston Wareing) are much stronger than he originally led her to believe.

Although Kirsty has finally agreed to divorce Max and is ready to leave Albert Square by this point, Tanya (Jo Joyner) decides that she can't live in another woman's shadow and asks her partner to leave their family home.

Wood told Inside Soap: "We filmed 20 pages of dialogue between Max and Tanya. It's beautifully done. It'll be truly heart-wrenching for the viewers to watch this, because it's a couple at breaking point.

"Max, for once in his life, is totally honest with Tanya about everything. He tells her all about Kirsty having a termination, and over the course of the conversation, it becomes clear to Tanya that Max still feels a lot for Kirsty. It's really painful for Tanya to hear."

He added: "There is a proper sense of finality to these scenes. I don't know what they have planned for us in the future, but from what I can sense, it feels like Max and Tanya could very well be coming to the end of the line as a couple."

EastEnders continues tomorrow (January 17) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

EastEnder Jake Wood says he is really touched that ex colleague Rob Kazinsky called him the best actor he has ever worked with.

Rob, who played Sean Slater in Albert Square but is now a hit in LA with a new role in TV series True Blood, paid Jake (Max Branning) the compliment earlier this year.

According to The Guardian he said: "I've worked with Oscar-winners and Golden Globe-winners, but the best actor I've ever worked with is still Jake Wood."

Jake told Inside Soap: "I contacted Rob after I read that interview to thank him for it. It's nice to hear stuff like that.

"I'm so proud of Rob and the work he's doing in America. He's a lovely young man and it's great to see people move on from EastEnders and do well."

But Jake says breaking America is not top priority for him at the moment. "I'm happy here. I have a young family and I'm fully committed to the show. They give me plenty of good stuff, so there's no reason to move," he said.
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 03-04-2013 at 15:44.

EastEnders' Jake Wood reveals to Soaplife how Max secretly wants Tanya… So he's not in the mood to celebrate when Kirsty tells him she's having his baby!

So, how does Max feel about Kirsty?
    "They have a real connection. When they met in Manchester, we decided the only way it would work was if they had this really strong connection that happened really quickly, enough for them to get married. If Tanya hadn’t had the cancer then Max’s life would have continued and they’d have made a go of it."

Instead, he abandoned Kirsty...
    "Yes. He dealt with it badly, only phoning Kirsty once, not explaining anything and cutting off all contact. He hoped if he ignored her then the problem would go away and he could get married to Tanya. His feelings for Tanya over-rode any feelings he had for Kirsty."

So is it Kirsty or Tanya that he really loves now?
    "If Tanya said she’d have him back he’d go like a shot. Even though he’s living with Kirsty at the B&B, he’s holding out for Tanya."

And all this on his doorstep…
    "It’s very awkward, especially with Lauren and Abi giving him a hard time. This isn’t a situation that Max would have wanted, but he feels responsible for Kirsty. He’s trying to make the best of it, but it feels very claustrophobic. Kirsty wants them to move into a place of their own, but Max is stalling, playing for time until he knows what the situation is with Tanya."

What if Tanya met someone else?
    "Yeah, well… As we saw when he suspected that Jack was moving in on her, he got very upset very quickly because he’s still deeply in love with Tanya."

And then Sharon tells him Tanya regrets throwing him out...
    "This is the first sign that maybe she isn’t coping quite as well as she makes out. It gives him renewed hope that there might be a chance for them."

Until Kirsty announces she is pregnant…
    "Yes, the timing couldn’t be worse. Max doesn’t want to discuss it with her. I think he’s trying to work out what he’s going to do. He needs to know more than ever where he really stands with Tanya."

Will he tell Tanya about Kirsty’s pregnancy?
    "No! He’s hoping she won’t find out because if she does, it might ruin any chance he has of getting back with her. He’s in a real mess…"
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 03-04-2013 at 15:40.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 03-04-2013 at 15:40.

Jake Wood has admitted that his character Max Branning is considering a possible split from wife Kirsty when he asks her to have an abortion.

Upcoming episodes see Max left troubled by the news that Kirsty (Kierston Wareing) is expecting his baby. Still unsure whether he really wants to be with her, the Walford businessman eventually admits that he doesn't want their unborn child.

Max is torn over his future as he still has feelings for on-off partner Tanya (Jo Joyner) despite their split earlier this year.

Wood told Inside Soap of Kirsty's pregnancy: "Max thinks he's being responsible by trying to resolve the situation before it gets any more complicated. He knows Kirsty wants this baby over and above anything else.

"But Max is also painfully aware that his true feelings are for Tanya. He doesn't want to have a baby with Kirsty when he knows he might not be there to be a proper dad to it."

The actor added: "He tells Kirsty that he'd like them to have time on their own together before starting a family, and that's partly true.

"Kirsty just doesn't know yet that he wants to go back to Tanya! What it boils down to is that it's time for a decision - and it's clear Max wants to choose Tanya."

EastEnders continues tonight (April 4) at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Is anyone having trouble working out what Max sees in Kirsty?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Is anyone having trouble working out what Kirsty sees in Max come to that?

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Is anyone having trouble working out what Kirsty sees in Max come to that?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Siobhan (08-04-2013)

Max Branning is forced to be honest with ex-partner Tanya Cross on EastEnders next week after his latest secret is exposed.

Last week, the Walford businessman was left stunned as his wife Kirsty informed him that she is expecting his baby.

Although Max (Jake Wood) tries to keep the news under wraps for a while, his daughter Lauren later discovers the truth and ends up spilling the beans to Tanya at home following a huge drinking session at the Queen Vic.

Tanya (Jo Joyner) holds out hope that Max will be decent enough to tell her the truth himself, but when she gives him an opportunity to be honest and he doesn't take it, she reveals that she knows about the baby.

When Tanya questions Max about why he didn't tell her, he admits that it's because he doesn't think things are totally over between him and Tanya.

As Max adds that Kirsty isn't keeping the baby, Tanya is disgusted to realise that he has asked his wife to have an abortion because he's keeping his options open.

When Tanya warns Max that there's no way back for them, will he decide to give Kirsty his full support?

EastEnders airs these scenes on Friday, April 19 at 8pm on BBC One.

Thread Information