Thread: 'Corrie Les ruined me'

'Corrie Les ruined me'

EX-CORRIE star Bruce Jones said playing Les Battersby wrecked his life — and claimed he was RELIEVED when he was sacked after a 19-pint bender.
    Bruce was axed after a foul-mouthed drunken rant in which he slated co-stars and revealed the outcome of the soap’s top secret, the Tracy Barlow murder plot.

In The Dark Side Of Fame, he told Piers Morgan his life was made hell by fans thinking he really was Les — as well as long hours on set. He said of his sacking: “I was upset for half an hour then I said to my agent, ‘I feel there’s a weight off my shoulders’.”

Bruce, 55, also told of his horror at finding the body of fourth Yorkshire Ripper victim, Jean Jones. He said: “She had her hair burned, face smashed in, disembowelled.

“I had nightmares for years. I still do.”

The show is on BBC1, tonight at 10.35pm.

I'll have to watch this

I mean he cant blame corrie for his character, if he didnt like it then why did he take the job or quit sooner?

I never knew he found one of the Yorkshire Ripper's victims. Though I think out of respect of her family, he shouldn't go into details about the state of her body on a tv program.

Poor excuse, Corrie didnt wreck his life, his drinking and him becoming big headed messed him up. Corrie gave him an excellent wage, fame and a very good lifestyle. He became his own worsed enemy...

Thanking the fabulous TAbbie, for the banner!

I watched it last night...when he talked about finding the body

Thread Information