Thread: David Platt's new friend

David Platt's new friend

Corrie bad boy David Platt gets a new side-kick in the shape of his former cell-mate Graeme Proctor.

And the pair celebrate their rekindled partnership by driving a stolen car across Weatherfield.

Dopey Graeme (Craig Gazey) and David met when they did time at a young offenders’ institution.

Graeme was such a hit with the viewers that show bosses are set to make him a permanent character.

An insider said: “Graeme will not be an out-and-out bad lad.

“He’ll just be easily led and confused between right and wrong.

“He’ll definitely have a soft side, and the writers have also been told he must also have a wicked sense of humour.

“But he and David will also get involved in all sorts of low- level dodgy dealings”

He shows up in Weatherfield in a stolen car and pleads with David (Jack P Shepherd, 20) to hide it in his mum’s garage.

Knowing they have to get rid of the motor, the pair decide to take it to a deserted spot and torch it.

There is a tense moment when the car runs out of petrol, but they get lucky as somebody else pinches it while they are off buying fuel.

Butcher Ashley Peacock (Steven Arnold, 33) even gives cheeky Graeme a permanent job at his butcher’s shop – but not without some persuading.

Ex-con Graeme, who worked in the prison kitchens while he was banged up, tries to impress Ashley with his enthusiasm by telling him: “I understand you’re looking for some help in your shop, like.

“Well, I’m your saviour. I’ve always wanted to butch… to do butching. I mean I want to be a butcher.”

Ashley is hesitant at first but employs Graeme after he tells him he has experience of working with knives in a big kitchen.

And when he also offers to work the first two weeks without pay, Ashley cannot refuse.

I am really bored with David Platt character now - in real life he would have been seen by a shrink and in some sort of therapy after all he did.

I'm fed up with David's character too, it wouldn't be so bad if the actor who played him was any good, but come on i've seen better acting from the animals & children on the show. Why do corrie keep trying to give him these bad boy stories, when he isn't a good enough actor to pull them off????
    Last edited by BeckyBee; 17-10-2008 at 07:19.

Thread Information