Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Fitzgerald

Neighbours star Scott Major has admitted that he wants his character Lucas Fitzgerald to have some happiness on the horizon.

Lucas is currently involved in a cancer storyline and has even tougher times ahead as the return of Steph Scully has devastating consequences for his family.

Speaking to TV Choice about Lucas's future, Major commented: "I'd like to see a little bit of happiness and sunshine. That would be good for him, but I don't think that's on the cards.

"I'd like him to continue to be a real person, continue to make mistakes and continue to learn from them, and maybe even add to his family."

Major also joked that his directing work for Neighbours came about after he was a "know-it-all" on set.

The actor has directed episodes of the main soap and also took charge of recently-released webisodes which focus on Steph's time in jail.

He explained: "They actually approached me [to do it] - probably because I walk around like a know-it-all and they thought, 'Oh, right mate. How about putting your money where your mouth is?'

"I was asked by a wonderful woman at work if I'd like to do a director's internship, which I accepted with open arms. One of the directors directed me when I was first on the show, so he's my mentor. Things are going pretty well. It's a very small industry here in Australia, so the more strings to your bow, the better."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Neighbours star Scott Major has revealed details of a possible new health setback for his character Lucas Fitzgerald.

Lucas was diagnosed with testicular cancer earlier this year, and although he seemed to be on the road to a full recovery, an upcoming episode sees him suffer agonising stomach cramps before collapsing.

The incident occurs after Lucas decides to return to work early. After his collapse, Chris Pappas (James Mason) finds Lucas barely conscious at the garage and he is rushed to hospital for tests.

Major told TV Week: "Karl shows him a scan of his stomach. There's this big black mass on the X-ray. Karl thinks the cancer is back and has spread. It's at this point that Lucas thinks, 'This is it'.

"He's fought it and thought he was in the clear. But when he sees the black spot, he thinks the worst. He just can't seem to get a break."

Lucas and his fiancée Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata) are then left on tenterhooks as they hear that more tests will be needed before the doctors can give a firm diagnosis.

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and late July on Channel 5 in the UK.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-06-2013)

Neighbours star Scott Major has left the soap, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actor, who has played Lucas Fitzgerald since 2008, finished filming last week.

Cast and crew celebrated Major's five-year stint on the show with a farewell party on Friday evening (June 28).

A Neighbours spokesperson confirmed Major's departure to Digital Spy today (July 1). However, with Lucas remaining on screen for some time to come, further details are being kept under wraps at this stage.

It's also currently unclear whether Major's on-screen partner Alin Sumarwata (Vanessa Villante) will be sticking with the programme after his departure.

A show insider commented: "There's a big few months ahead for Lucas. After so many ups and downs with Vanessa, it'll be interesting to see whether the couple get a happy ending or if there's more heartbreak in store."

Since finishing work at Neighbours, Major has flown off for a European holiday. He will be in London later this month to do press and publicity work for Neighbours' British broadcaster Channel 5.

Lucas was introduced to the soap in July 2008 as the edgy younger brother of Daniel Fitzgerald. His major storylines have included a gambling addiction, taking part in illegal street racing and being diagnosed with testicular cancer.

Major has also occasionally gone behind the camera for directing work at Neighbours, which included taking charge of Steph Scully's recent webisodes.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-07-2013)

Neighbours star Scott Major has left the soap, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actor, who has played Lucas Fitzgerald since 2008, finished filming last week.

Cast and crew celebrated Major's five-year stint on the show with a farewell party on Friday evening (June 28).

A Neighbours spokesperson confirmed Major's departure to Digital Spy today (July 1). However, with Lucas remaining on screen for some time to come, further details are being kept under wraps at this stage.

It's also currently unclear whether Major's on-screen partner Alin Sumarwata (Vanessa Villante) will be sticking with the programme after his departure.

A show insider commented: "There's a big few months ahead for Lucas. After so many ups and downs with Vanessa, it'll be interesting to see whether the couple get a happy ending or if there's more heartbreak in store."

Since finishing work at Neighbours, Major has flown off for a European holiday. He will be in London later this month to do press and publicity work for Neighbours' British broadcaster Channel 5.

Lucas was introduced to the soap in July 2008 as the edgy younger brother of Daniel Fitzgerald. His major storylines have included a gambling addiction, taking part in illegal street racing and being diagnosed with testicular cancer.

Major has also occasionally gone behind the camera for directing work at Neighbours, which included taking charge of Steph Scully's recent webisodes.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (01-07-2013)

I'm sorry to see Scott go , love him as Lucas! Hopefully he will stay connected with neighbours by maybe directing episodes. Why do the nice ones always go but the annoying ones stay?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (01-07-2013), lizann (01-07-2013), Ruffed_lemur (01-07-2013)

Shame he has left

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-07-2013), Ruffed_lemur (01-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Shame he has left
    It sure is. Was hoping the rumours were untrue.

I rarely post here but I feel I have to - I am really sorry to see him leave! He's one of the most consistent characters, and a brilliant actor. Bit gutted!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neelix For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-07-2013), lizann (11-07-2013), tammyy2j (24-07-2013)

please don't say he pulls a romeo from home and away and leaves vanessa and paddy to die alone

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-07-2013), tammyy2j (15-07-2013)

Thread Information