Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Myra McQueen (Nicole Barber-Lane)

Is this a permanent return? Or is she here for just a short stint?

She is back for a proper stint .. whatever that means

If you've been missing the fun factor in the McQueen house lately, fear not, as the popular Hollyoaks family will get a fresh injection of energy next month when Myra returns to the village.

She's back to support her family through some difficult times, and will also have a hilarious story of her own when she's joined by newcomer Diego. Played by Venezuelan actor Juan Pablo Yepez, Diego is a cheeky and charming toyboy who Myra met in Alicante.

Could it be true love for Myra this time? Digital Spy recently caught up with Nicole Barber-Lane for all the gossip on her permanent return to Chester.

Welcome back! What tempted you to return to Hollyoaks?
    "What really tempted me was the opportunity to do some amazing storylines that the writers have got lined up for Myra. When the show's executive producer Bryan Kirkwood spoke to me, he told me what he had in mind. There was some quite heavy and serious material as well as the comedy, so I couldn't refuse!"

How about Myra herself? Why does she return to the village at this point?
    "The McQueen family have been going through lots of different tragedies, but there's one where Myra realises that she can't not be there. She knows that Nana McQueen can cope with some things, but now Myra just feels that she needs to come back, put her arms around the family and make sure that they're all okay."

Is it true love between Myra and her new toyboy Diego?
    "Of course it is! 100% from both of their points of view, but definitely for Myra. There was an immediate chemistry when they met in a bar in Spain.

"You'll see that Myra is now trying to keep hold of her new-found youth, attraction and the magic that she feels with Diego. She's a bit of a changed woman when she comes back, as he's brought something to life in her."

Juan Pablo Yepez as Diego in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures

Diego doesn't arrive with Myra straight away, does he?
    "No, because Diego thinks that Myra is the Countess of Chester! She's lied to him about who she really is, so she doesn't want him to turn up and find out that she's not really a Countess. Myra worries that he might not be as interested if he knows the truth.

"While out in Spain, Myra has spun herself a little fairytale of who she is back in England. She's living that fantasy out and she doesn't want that to come crashing down, so she doesn't actually want Diego to follow her to Chester at first."

How do Myra's family feel about her having a toyboy? Are any of them wary?
    "John Paul is definitely wary of Diego because he's always a bit suspicious of men now. He's worried for his mum. We've also got quite a dark story coming through the McQueens at the moment, as everyone has seen already, so the rest of the family is focusing on that.

"Hopefully the Myra and Diego scenes will just remind people that the McQueens actually still can be fun! Obviously Myra doesn't want this relationship not to be right. There are lots of things that we've got to find out about Diego as time goes on, so we'll have to wait and see whether it is or not."

Does Myra have any strong feelings about Pete and the sex abuse storyline when she returns?
    "Myra's not 100% sure what's been going on. All she knows is that Pete has been in the family's lives for a really long time, so as far as she knows, everything is okay. I imagine that once she finds out that something has actually happened, it'll be a very different story. If you hurt a McQueen, watch your back!

"Myra wouldn't take it lightly, but I don't really know how that plays out yet because we're just in the early days of the scripts. From my own experience, I think Myra will support Reenie and Porsche and she won't take it lying down. She'll also want to have a word with Nana, I think. Myra has left Nana in charge and she's messed up the family!"

What kind of dynamic can we expect between Myra and Reenie as sisters?
    "Myra wasn't really there for Reenie a lot in the past, but she will look after her younger sister now. Myra is just all about family. It's irrelevant what any of them do - she'll always be there for them. She might judge here and there, but she'll pick up the pieces no matter what."

Myra is mortified
    © Lime Pictures

We've all missed Myra! Have you been flooded with tweets from fans who wondered when you'd be back?
    "I have and it's just so lovely. I just had to keep saying: 'Keep watching!' It's been quite phenomenal with so many people saying things like: ''Where's Myra? Phoebe has just died!' I really should have come back for that one but I was unavailable! I actually felt guilty about that, because Phoebe's death was such a big thing and Myra wasn't there! I thought, 'Don't judge Myra, poor thing!'

"Bryan said that he wouldn't take me out of the opening titles, so it was always intended for me to come back - I just didn't know when that would be."

Will we see lots of classic McQueen fun between Myra and Diego?
    "Definitely - fun and passion. I did actually say: 'Poor Myra, will she ever get a break?' But Bryan said actually the plan was to bring in some lightness, fun, excitement and colour - all of those things that sometimes get lost in the depth of the storylines that we do.

"Myra and Diego will have wicked highs but some lows too. There will be a rollercoaster ride - so expect anything!"

Does Myra worry that she might have competition from some of the other Hollyoaks ladies when they see the new hunk in town?
    "Well, when Myra was over in Spain and was pretending to be the Countess of Chester, she knew she'd be able to keep hold of Diego. Once she's in the village, I think she does want to trust him and she hopes that it's real, but we'll just have to wait and see.

"If one of Myra's own family chases after Diego, she might have to slap them! Anything can happen. Diego has only known this one English rose, so if he finds another one that'd be really sad. But as far as we know at the moment, it's true love between them and Myra feels like she's 18 again!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (04-10-2015)

gone for good?

back with a bag of money

Thread Information