Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thin Air

INT. GREAVES HOUSE - NIGHT

Victoria: There's something I need to tell you and it might make you change your mind...

Mick: What!?

Victoria nervously hesitates and heads to the drawer, opening it and revealing a letter.

Victoria: Do you know what this is!?

Mick: (sarcastically) A letter!

Victoria: Well do you know what the letter is about!?

Mick: (sarcastically) Go on! Surprise me!

Victoria: It's an electricity bill... a bill that we haven't paid of... and you know what else is in that drawer?! Another 6 bills that we have failed to pay off! And do you know the letter I got the other day? It's a letter threatening us with the baliffs!

Mick: You what!? Why the hell didn't you tell me any of this before!?

Victoria: Because you were too busy shagging Michelle, too busy getting drunk, to busy to not care about anything else!

Mick: But this is our livelihood at risk! Why didn't you tell me things were getting so bad?! How dare you keep this from me!

Victoria: Don't you dare try and turn this on me! Your the one at fault here! You've got to get your act together dad!

Mick: And you've got to stop hiding things from me! You've got to be honest..

Victoria: I'm sorry I kept our money troubles from you, but don't try and make me out as being at fault here when it's clearly you at fault! I just hope what I've told you has encouraged you to get a job, you have to do something, anything for money, anything to make ends meet!

Mick: You know it's hard for me to get a job though, what with my past...

Victoria: Don't give me that! Pull yourself together before I turn nasty!

Victoria storms out of the kitchen, a look of rage on her face. Mick staggers back, shocked over what he has just discovered.

INT. WIGHTS HOUSE - MORNING

Isabelle's sister, 16 years old comes down the stairs and walks into the kitchen angrily where she sees Tasha cooking breakfast and Simon sitting down at the kitchen table, eating.

Hayley: What is this I hear of Isabelle having an 18th party in this house!?

Tasha: Oh yes she is.. and it's up to us to make it perfect for her!

Hayley: No way.. this is so unfair! You wouldn't let me have a 16th birthday party in this house! but you let Isabelle..

Tasha: But your sister is going to be 18!

Hayley: So what!? Why can she have a party in this house when I couldn't!?

Simon: I knew this would happen! Partly why I went against the ridiculous idea of Is having a party in this house! I knew you'd get jealous Hayley.. and rightly so..

Tasha: Oh for goodness sake! Look Hayley love, we'll let you have an 18th birthday party in the house when you turn 18..

Hayley: Yeah right!.. your just saying that to keep me sweet!

Tasha: We're not.. at 18, we can trust you with the responsibility of holding a party in this household.. when Isabelle was 16, we didn't let her have a party in this house.. in fact she didn't have a party at all!

Hayley storms out of the kitchen. Tasha looks at Simon disapprovingly.

Tasha: Why didn't you back me up just then!?

Simon: What was I meant to say!? Was I meant to lie just to back you up? You know I don't approve of the party in this house .. I am only going with it as you persauded me! I can totally understand how Hayley feels..

Tasha rolls her eyes and goes back to cooking breakfast.

INT. GRIDDLE FAMILY MANSION - MORNING

Laura, Paul and Natalie are sat at the table eating breakfast. Libby walks in, wearing a skimpy outfit and a short skirt, with heavily done make up masking her face. She grabs a piece of toast and is about to leave when Paul calls her.

Paul: Excuse me...but what on earth are you wearing!?

Libby: I'm just going to pop into town.. is there a problem?

Paul: Your not going to town dressed like that!

Libby: And when were you in charge of what I wear!?

Paul: It's completely ridiculous... cover yourself please!

Laura: Your not going to town are you sis?

Libby: Oh shut up Lau! This has nothing to do with you...in fact, this has nothing to do with the lot of you..

Natalie: Where are you going Lib? We want a straight answer! I mean, I could understand if you dressed like that for a night out.. but it's morning! .. no one dresses like your dressed at this time!

Libby: Maybe I'm just trying to show off a new and unique style..

Paul: You look ridiculous! There is no way I'm letting you set foot out of this manor looking like that! I've never seen a girl dress like that before!

Libby: Ok.. well do you wanna know why I'm dressed like this!? I'm going for a photo shoot .. alright?

Natalie: A photo shoot!?

Libby: Nuts magazine rang me up.. they've seen me in the papers... they think I have some modelling potential..

Laura: Are you sure your not dreaming this sis with your media dominated mind!?

Libby: (dismissing what her sister said) I don't care if you disapprove.. it's my life! I want to make a good impression when I arrive at the shoot..

Paul: So you think dressing like some tart will make you favourable?!

Libby: It's the modelling business dad! They don't expect you wrapped up in clothes! Anyway, I'm going to be late.. I can't be bothered to stick around to watch you lot look down your nose at me..

Libby leaves the kitchen. The rest of the family look on in dismay.

INT. WIGHTS HOUSE - DAY

Isabelle walks in from school, with a happy facial expression. Simon and Tasha are both at the table.

Simon: How come your so happy?

Isabelle: Well I sorted out who's coming to my party today and it proved quite popular!

Simon: Oh dear god, you didn't advertise on Myspace or anything did you!? .. I've heard what happens when someone does that.. it was on that Trevor McDonald programme a few months back..

Isabelle: No.. I wouldn't be that stupid! You have to trust me!

Tasha: So how many people are coming to your party?

Isabelle: (hesitates) Roughly around 30 or so...

Simon: 30!? Are you insane!? How are they all going to fit in this house!? Something's going to get broken... I just know it!

Isabelle: Like I said before, I'll keep things under control! You'll just have to deal with the fact that 30 or so people will be at my party because I'm not going to change my plans to suit you! My friends aren't maniacs.. they aren't gonna go all out to trash our house you know!

Simon storms out of the kitchen, giving Isabelle a daggered stare as he leaves the room. Isabelle looks on, a frightened expression on her face.

INT. GREAVES HOUSE - DAY

Victoria, Brendan and Chloe are in the kitchen.

Brendan: Where's dad?

Victoria: He went out.. he never said where though..

Chloe: Give me three guesses.. I bet your bottom dollar I know where he is.

Victoria: I can bet my bottom dollar too!

Brendan: Did you speak to dad?

Victoria: I tried my best.. but goodness knows if he'll listen to me. I think I did get him scared though, so hopefully he'll become a bit more of a decent father to us, get himself a job..

Chloe: I wouldn't hold my breath..

Victoria: We all need to stop being so cynical.. I know things aren't perfect right now, what with dad.. but we have to remember that we've all still got each other and that's so important as some people in this world have no one..

Brendan: Yeh I guess your right..

Victoria smiles at Chloe and Brendan and gives them both a hug.

INT. GRIDDLE FAMILY MANSION - NIGHT

We see Libby entering the mansion. She is in the same clothes as she left in, the previous morning. She stumbles through the door and is confronted by her parents, Natalie and Paul and her sister Laura.

Paul: Where have you been?

Natalie: We've been worried sick! We kept trying to ring your phone but no reply! Where have you been!?

Libby: Nowhere.. and Oh.. I.. I lost my phone..

Paul: (concerned) Are you alright?

Libby: I'm fine alright!? God why are you always on my back eh!?

Paul: I take it the photo shoot didn't go well then..

Libby: I don't wanna bloody talk about it!

Natalie: I think you should go to bed Libby... sleep off all the alcohol you've been drinking!

Laura walks up to Libby in disgust.

Laura: Yeh you smell like a bleedin' brewery!

Libby: Oh piss off the lot of ya

Libby slowly stumbles and struggles upstairs. Laura is trying to retain her amusement, as Paul and Natalie look at each other, both with concerned facial expressions.

INT. GREAVES HOUSE - NIGHT

Victoria is starting to walk down the stairs, when she hears Michelle on the phone.

Michelle: Yeah..look, I'll try and see you when I can.. it's just I'm a bit busy at the moment that's all.. with different things..

Victoria, looking rather interested, sits on the staircase and carries on listening.

Michelle: Yeah, I know, I know.. the situation isn't ideal.. if I could, I would see you more, believe me! but you know how hard it is for me at the moment, I'll try and see you soon ok but I can't make any promises. Yeah.. I love you too..

Victoria has a shocked facial expression on her face, as Michelle carefully places the phone down.

Victoria: (under her breath) Jesus christ..

INT. WIGHTS HOUSE - NIGHT

Hayley is in her bedroom, reading a copy of Heat magazine. Tasha knocks on her bedroom door and walks in.

Tasha: Hiya love..

Hayley: Oh.. hi mum

Tasha: Look, I am going to cut to the chase.. I want to iron things out before Isabelle's party so there isn't a bad atmosphere..

Hayley: Alright.. I'm sorry if I overreacted ok!? I just feel it's a bit unfair that Isabelle can have a party in this house, when I wasn't allowed..

Tasha: I can understand your feelings but I don't want you looking all miserable and sour faced on Isabelle's birthday.. me and your dad want to make it a special day for Is..

Hayley: So sod what I feel!

Tasha: For christ sake Hayley, not everything is about you! When the time comes and your 18, we're gonna make a big a fuss as we are with Isabelle.. we don't favour Isabelle over you! That's what this is all about isn't it!?

Hayley: Like I said, I just feel it's a bit unfair!

Tasha: Well I will promise you now, hand on heart.. when your 18, we're going to make your day very special..

Hayley: Including a party in this house!?

Tasha: (hesitating) Fine.. yes...so now I've promised you that, I want you to slap a smile on your face! Isabelle's 18th is going to make us one big happy family alright!?

Hayley: Yes alright.. I'm happy!

Tasha: Good

Tasha leaves Hayley's bedroom. Hayley forces on a smile.

INT. GRIDDLE FAMILY MANSION - DAY

Paul, Natalie and Laura are sat in the living room.

Paul: Has Libby come out of her room yet!? I swear I haven't seen her set foot out of her pit all morning!

Laura: I don't think she has..

Natalie: Maybe she went out without telling us.. you know what she's like, sneaking off here there and everywhere living the high life!

Laura: Best go and see if she's alright..

Laura is about to get up but Natalie stops her.

Natalie: No it's fine, I'll go... you've pissed her off lately, so I doubt she'll respond to you...no offence intended..

Laura: Nah your right.. I have pissed her off!

Natalie leaves the room and heads upstairs. She knocks on Libby's door.

Natalie: Libby .. are you alright!?

There is no answer.

Natalie: You haven't set foot out of there all morning.. is there something wrong? ... do you want something to eat? I can do you some breakfast if you like, you haven't eaten all morning..

There is no response. Natalie looks slightly concerned but heads back downstairs and into the living room.

Natalie: She isn't replying... maybe she did go out after all..

Paul: Oh for god sake, there's only one way of finding out!

Paul heads off upstairs. Natalie and Laura follow him.

INT. GRIDDLE FAMILY MANSION - DAY

Natalie and Laura follow Paul upstairs. Suddenly, Libby bursts out of the bathroom in tears and locks herself in her bedroom.

Paul: (shouting at Libby) Lib! Libby! What on earth is wrong!?

Libby: Just leave me alone.. all of you just piss off!

Natalie: Come on Libby! We want a straight answer from you! What's gotten into you!?

Paul: It's that darn photo shoot isn't it!? It all went wrong and now your upset..

Laura: I told you the media was an evil place sis..

Libby: (fighting back the tears) I don't need you telling me you were right Lau! That's the last thing I need.. I just want to be left alone, this has nothing to do with the photo shoot! Now leave me be...

Paul: Has someone hurt you!? If anyone has laid one finger on you, they're dead!

Natalie: (pulling Paul back by his arm) Come on Paul.. she said to leave her be so lets just do what she says eh?

Paul: (throws himself forward) I'm not leaving her in a state! (in a low voice) She might do something stupid!

Libby: For christ sake, I'm not suicidal! I can hear you, you know!

Paul: (determined) If your not gonna open this door Lib, I am gonna bash it down!

Natalie: (rolling her eyes at Paul's threat) Oh Paul!

There is no reply. Paul launches his foot up and propells forward, breaking the door down with a sudden crash.

Natalie: My god love! There was no need for that!

Paul: There was every need! (turns to Libby) Now tell me what's up..

Libby wipes away the tears and turns away from the window to face her family who are all stood in the broken doorway.

Thread Information