Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thin Air

INT. GREAVES HOUSE - DAY

Chloe walks in through the back door of the house, where she is met by Victoria who is standing in the kitchen.

Victoria: Chlo! I knew there was something fishy about dad's latest woman..

Chloe: What do you mean!?

Victoria: Oh don't worry.. all will be revealed and that Michelle is going to be exposed for the liar that she really is!

Chloe: I am intrigued!

Chloe leaves the room to take off her shoes, as a grin passes across Victoria's face.

INT. GRIDDLE FAMILY MANSION - DAY

Paul: Now tell me what's up..

Libby wipes away the tears and turns away from the window to face her family who are all stood in the broken doorway.

Libby: I think I need some space..

Natalie: What are you talking about!?

Libby: I need to get away from here.. need to get away from this place..

Paul: Your talking jibberish Lib! What are you saying!?

Libby: I am going to meet some friends back in London.. spend some time there for a while..

Libby walks over to her wardrobe and pulls out a packed suitcase.

Libby: I'm leaving.. right now..

Natalie: Come on now! You don't want to go making too much of a hasty decision..

Libby: Nothing you say will make me stay mum, my mind is made up.. please, just let me leave..

Paul: Let's talk about this! You haven't even told us what was wrong.. you can't just leave here with all us worried about you!

Libby: I'm fine honestly! Time of the month..

Paul: Oh don't give us that!

Natalie: Come on Paul.. just let her leave, if that's what she wants..

Libby: Don't worry about me please, I've arranged it with friends, I am meeting them in London and staying with them for a few days.. I won't be away for any longer than a week. I just need to go somewhere different, somewhere a bit less familiar so I can sort my head out..

Libby leaves her room with her suitcase and quickly walks down the stairs. Paul, Natalie and Laura all follow her.

Natalie: Promise you'll ring us..

Paul: Yes, at least promise us that.

Libby: I promise.

Libby weakly smiles before leaving with her suitcase in her hand. Paul, Natalie and Laura watch her closely as she leaves down the garden path.. the last the family will see of her..

INT. GREAVES HOUSE - EVENING

The Greaves family, along with Michelle are all sitting at the dining table. Victoria suddenly stands up and clears her throat.

Victoria: There's something I think you need to tell us all Michelle..

Michelle: (looking slightly confused) Is there?

Victoria: Don't try and put on an innocent act! Your already treating us all like fools..

Michelle: I really don't have the faintest idea of what your talking about.

Victoria: (to Mick) Sorry dad, but you picked the wrong kind of woman, again!

Mick: What on earth do you mean!?

Victoria: I heard you on the phone Michelle..

Michelle: On the phone?

Victoria: Yes, earlier you were on the phone! Didn't you think you were going to get caught out!? You cheating slut!

Michelle: (standing up horrified) How dare you!

Victoria: You didn't think anyone was around when you were making that phone call did you!? But I heard it all!

Michelle: You really have got the wrong idea!

Victoria: Don't try and wriggle your way out of this! I knew you were trouble the first time I clapped eyes on you! I knew you would be like all the other women that my dad has dated!

Michelle: Christ! Just sit down will you?! You've got it all wrong!

Victoria: "I'll see you soon ..now is a difficult time, I love you" ... what else am I meant to be thinking?! Your cheating on my dad with somebody else!

Mick: Please don't tell me this is true 'Shell..

Michelle: It isn't! You've just embarrased yourself Vic by jumping to this conclusion!

Victoria: How have I!?

Michelle: The person I was speaking to on the phone was my ill mother!

There is a stunned silence. Victoria turns away, horrified by what she has suggested.

Michelle: So next time, think before you brand me a "cheating slut"!

Michelle storms out of the room, giving Victoria a daggered look as she leaves the kitchen.

INT. GREAVES HOUSE - EVENING

Mick is comforting Michelle in the living room. She is upset over the allegations that Victoria has made. The camera cuts to Victoria walking down the stairs, with a suitcase in her hand. Brendan is following her, anxiously.

Brendan: You can't leave us!

Victoria: What other choice do I have!? I've just made a fool out of myself!

Brendan: You can apologise! Why don't you try and get along with Michelle? Build bridges with her..

Victoria: Fat chance of that happening! I've well and truly screwed things up.. Michelle won't want to make the effort with me anymore so what's the point? The atmosphere here will just be awkward if I stay..

Brendan: It really doesn't have to be like this!

Victoria: It does.. I'm sick and tired of staying here, trying to knock sense into dad, trying to make him get a job, trying to mould him into a decent father to us! I've realised that my place isn't here.. I don't want to stick around to watch our world come crashing down around us!

Brendan: What do you mean by that!?

Victoria: Nothing..

Brendan: Sis!

Victoria: (releasing a sigh) This family... we're in financial trouble..

Brendan: What!?

Victoria: We haven't paid off half our bills.. the baliffs could come round anytime soon, snatching away our possessions, our livelihood! I don't want to stick around for that.. that misunderstanding with Michelle has given me the perfect reason to just run away from our problems..

Brendan: So your running away? Leaving us to pick up the pieces?!

Victoria: It doesn't have to be like that.. you and Chlo.. you can both come with me!

The camera turns to Mick and Michelle who are standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Mick: I don't think so.. Brendan and Chloe are staying here, where they belong!

Brendan: I want to go with Vic and I'm sure Chlo does too!

Mick: Your not an adult Brendan! Your not fit enough to make your own decisions, neither is Chloe.. your staying here, in my care!

Brendan: You don't know me dad.. since you've been in prison, I've grown up and I've been able to make my own decisions! I'm not a child anymore.. neither is Chlo! Vic has looked after me and Chlo since you've been inside and she's been like a mother to us! I think it's in my best interests that me and Chloe go with her..

Mick: No way! I'm not letting you leave this house Brendan, even if I have to physically stop you..

Victoria: Stay here Brendan...just stay here..

Brendan: (holding back the tears) But you can't leave us!

Victoria: (tearful) I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry..

Mick: (to Victoria) Just get out of our house..

Victoria walks down the stairs, looking at Michelle who is giving her an evil stare. She walks out of the front door, where she turns and sees her father.

Victoria: I'll keep in touch..

Mick: I think we'll do just fine without you..your always out to make problems, cause trouble.. as long as your out of the equation sweetheart, things will run just smoothly..

Victoria turns and walks down the garden path, wiping away the tears that are rolling down her cheek... this is the last time we see her, as she disappears, into thin air..

Thread Information