Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thin Air

Thin Air

Coming Soon....

What happens when three young women all vanish into thin air on the same day? ....a mere coincidence or is it something a whole lot more sinister?

A new drama series coming to Soapboards very soon follows the lives of the 3 different families who are effected by the womens' dissapearances.. and the team of detectives that are determined to solve the mystery of where they are and what has happened to them... told in reality and flashbacks, the reader will gain an insight into how the families cope with the aftermath of their trauma, and vital clues and hidden secrets that could reveal what exactly has happened to Isabelle, Libby and Victoria...

Check back soon for more updates on the upcoming fast paced new drama...

something different for the boards, can't wait to have a read!

Sounds good, look foward to reading it

Sig dedicated to Charley

Soooo looking forward to it, sounds fantastic.

Over the next few days, keep reading this thread as there will be some exclusive cast interviews of the new drama, Thin Air, which will launch next Monday, October 13th.

Keep your eyes peeled!

Will do, thanks for the reminder

Thin Air Cast Interview

The first of two interviews before new drama thriller, Thin Air kicks off this Monday, October 13th. Here to tell us more about the drama and her role within it is Joanna Froggatt who plays a character called Michelle...

Hello Joanna. We'd just like to have a quick chat to you about new drama thriller Thin Air which is due to start on Soapboards this Monday.

Joanna: Great! It certainly is a drama I have enjoyed working on and I hope my role within this thriller is a role the reader will like

Briefly, could you tell us what your character Michelle is all about?

Joanna: She is present throughout the whole of the first series and I play a character called Michelle who is dating a father of one of the women that dissapears. She is a very feisty and gutsy character and she doesn't hit it off very well with Victoria, who is the daughter that goes missing, which makes her a suspect.

Sounds very intriguing indeed! You say your starring in the whole of the series, so how long is the drama thriller lasting for?

Joanna: It starts October 13th and will end next May. It lasts a long time, but I can promise the reader that the mystery will be solved by that time so there will be no annoying cliffhangers!

You say your character doesn't get along very well with the daughter, Victoria who goes missing. What is your character's relationship like with her father?

Joanna: Well Michelle likes to think she loves the father who is called Mick, very much but my character is an individual who is desperate to give love to someone, to whatever man first bats an eyelid at her and this is because of a marriage breakdown she suffered with 2 years before. She cares for Mick, she looks after him and takes care of his needs, especially as Mick has problems of his own... but loving him is in an entirely different league..

Does Mick love Michelle?

Joanna: I don't think he does. Mick fancies her but he is just looking for someone on a superficial level as he has just got out of prison and wants to resume a sex life he hasn't had in so long. He treats my character like a princess, but there are occasions where he flies off the handle at my character and Michelle must keep him under control...

Why does Victoria take a dislike to your character?

Joanna: I think that she sees Michelle as a threat. Mick has 3 kids, Victoria and 2 other children and they've stayed like that as a family unit for a long time. Mick has had endless failed relationships, and now I've waltzed in, wanting to offer some love and care towards Mick and I think Victoria sees me as a threat to her status within the family home, as she is so used to taking on a motherly role, and loving and caring for her father. She probably thinks I'm also bad news for her father, after his string of past failed relationships.

Can you give us any tips on what your character will be up to throughout this series?

Joanna: My character is going to feature quite a bit. She is there to pick up the pieces and keep Mick and his 2 kids together as a family unit following Victoria's disappearance, but she soon becomes a suspect after the police discover the rivalry I had with Victoria. There will also be a series of flashbacks that make me a bigger suspect and Michelle has a massive secret that will turn the police investigation on its head...

Oooh tell us more?!

Joanna: Afraid not! Readers will have to read and find out what my big secret is.

Finally, can you give the readers a taster on the format of this series?

Joanna: The first week of scenes basically sets the scene. Nothing special happens but the reader is given an insight into each of the 3 women and their family lives before they vanish into thin air. The next week, the 3 women then disappear and the reader is given an insight into the familys' reactions, and from then on, each family is focused on a week at a time in the present day as well as in flashbacks. The flashbacks have a purpose in focusing on certain individual characters, as the reader is given an insight into what their motivations are within the drama, what family life was like, and what could have triggered the three women all dissapearing into thin air..

Thanks for joining us Joanna!

Thin Air starts later tonight!

Can't wait. Sounds really good. I like this sort of thing!

INT. GRIDDLE FAMILY MANSION - MORNING

We see a young woman getting out of bed and reaching for her stereo, to switch it on. She turns on the radio and upbeat music starts blaring out. The young woman, named Libby falls back onto her bed, smiling with pleasure. The camera cuts downstairs to her parents, Natalie and Paul who are in the kitchen.

Paul: Jesus Christ! Why on earth does that girl have her music on so loud!?

Paul rushes out of the kitchen and approaches the stairs, shouting up them.

Paul: Libby! Turn that retchid music down ya hear me!?

There is no response. Paul rolls his eyes and goes back into the kitchen. He sees his wife, Natalie looking unhappy.

Paul: Jeez..whats up love? If you don't wanna make me breakfast, I'll happily cook a fry up for you..

Natalie: I'm not unhappy over household chores Paul! Have a look at this..

Natalie opens up the newspaper and lays it on the table. Paul sits down and reads the headline "Havin' a griddlin' time". There is a picture of Libby throwing up in the toilet accompanying the article.

Paul: What on earth!?

Natalie: The papers aren't gonna lay off us Paul! I mean, we're old news right? So why is it 6 months after winning the lottery that the papers remain so bloody interested in us!?

Paul: They obviously have no other interesting stories to tell... could have been worse love... she could have been on the front page!

Natalie: Oh trust you to look on the bright side!

Paul: We're bound to get attention Nat.. I mean, we won the lottery for christ sake! It was a stroke of luck that we did, our fortunes literally turned around overnight!

Natalie: But it happened ages ago! I think we should tone it down a bit... Libby is being terrible! Showing herself off, spending all our money, going out on benders, taking drugs.. she's gettin' us on the front page because of her silly behaviour!

Paul: She'll calm down...how do you expect her to react!? We're half a million pounds richer.. and it happened overnight! Libs ain't gonna stay cooped up in her bedroom now is she!? She's gonna be out there, showing off our riches..

Natalie: I'm not saying she's to blame for all this.. I mean both of us have been pretty bad...getting that posh car .. having interviews with the papers, playing on our sob story.. I just think now, maybe we should stop chasing the limelight, we should stop showing off... it scares me that as a family, we're becoming so well known to everyone... we have to remember that some people aren't as lucky as us and we should know that having lived on a council estate and nearly losing our flat.

Paul: Ok.. I guess I can see your point love.. maybe we should talk about this as a family though eh? See what Libby and Laura think..

Natalie: Ok

Natalie puts on a brave smile and Paul goes over to give her a loving hug.

Thread Information