Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nasty nick is back!!!!!

nasty nick is back!!!!!

EastEnders legend John Altman is to make a dramatic return to Walford at Christmas as the notorious Nick Cotton.

The 56-year-old actor was last seen in the BBC soap in 2001 when his screen mother Dot Cotton (June Brown) disowned him following the death of her grandson Ashley (Frankie Fitzgerald).

It later transpired that Nick was responsible for his son's death by cutting the brake cables on Mark Fowler's (Todd Carty) motorbike. Despite intending to kill Mark, it was Ashley who rode the bike to his death.

Since leaving Albert Square, Nick has spent time in prison for various drug-related offences. In 2006, Dot made the shocking discovery that her son was ill in hospital with cancer. Following her off-screen visit to him in hospital, he went on to make a full recovery.

Speaking of his return, Altman said: "After an absence of seven years, I am thrilled to return to Albert Square. The BBC have always given me great storylines as Nick Cotton and I look forward to seeing if Nick will once again spread fear and loathing throughout the Square!"

Executive producer Diederick Santer said: "Nick Cotton is an EastEnders legend. His complex relationship with Dot, his criminal tendencies, and his addiction to heroin, violence, and everything else that's bad have made him one of the show's best-remembered and best-loved villains."

He added: "We're very excited that he - and the talented John Altman who plays him - will be returning to the Square."

June Brown called for the return of her screen son, claiming that Dot "needs him in her life".

Altman begins filming at Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Herts - home to EastEnders - later this month, while producers are keeping tight-lipped as to the exact date of his screen reappearance.

At around the same time, Charlie Brooks returns as Janine Butcher following her successful-but-brief comeback earlier this year

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bad Wolf For This Useful Post:

alvinsduckie (11-10-2008), StarsOfCCTV (02-10-2008), tammyy2j (02-10-2008)

I never saw him originally in EE but it's good Dot will get a storyline.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Awesome!! Loved Nasty Nick

if bradders is still living with dot that should be fun, they will be chalk an cheese, there is no possible way they can interact with each other, they are polar opposites

About time too!!
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

Is he going to be around for a while then? I did not watch EE much when he was around before and can't remember whether he got on with the Mitchell brothers or not - could be fun between him, Phil and the Branning brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    if bradders is still living with dot that should be fun, they will be chalk an cheese, there is no possible way they can interact with each other, they are polar opposites
    true!
    i'm glad they're doing this actually, in real life if her husband really was so ill and her only child was dying of cancer I think Dot really would want to see her son even after everything he's done to her.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Is he going to be around for a while then? I did not watch EE much when he was around before and can't remember whether he got on with the Mitchell brothers or not - could be fun between him, Phil and the Branning brothers.
    He didn't get on with anyone. He is nasty Nick! but great actor. I love him and so happy he is back!!!!!!!!
    Super Mod

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Oh goody ,, I have only read about Nick,, and I think this is going to be very interesting,,Janie coming back wow,, who else are they bringing back??????
    I have missed my EE since being in the USA,, will not be able to watch anything until the Ombibus on the 12th of oct LOL

amazing news! let's hope him and Janine hook up and take over Walford!

Thread Information