Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Big Brother 6 (Jan 2009)

Celebrity Big Brother 6 (Jan 2009)

CELEBRITY Big Brother is to return — with cheeky MP Lembit Opik on it.
    Limelight-loving Lembit has signed up for the show — back next January after a year’s break.

Bosses picked the goofy-grinned Lib Dem hoping he’ll reveal all about his doomed affair with Cheeky Girl Gabriela Irimia.

Lembit might even copy fellow MP George Galloway when he was on the show — and don a skin-tight red leotard.

Oddball Lembit, 43, and Gabriela, 25, got engaged after he popped the question in Rome in April, but split a few months later.

He’s also had a relationship with TV weather girl Sian Lloyd, 50.

A Celebrity Big Brother insider said: “Lembit is a brilliant signing for us.

“He’s wacky and funny, but more importantly it’s hoped he’ll spill the beans on his romance with one of the Cheeky Girls.

“We are all convinced he won’t be able to resist putting his mouth into gear about it — he seems a very outspoken character in general.”

Lembit, who quit his frontbench job in a bid to become the Liberal Democrats’ president, has a long list of entertainment credits to his name.

He’s been on Question Time and Any Questions, and hosted satirical BBC quiz Have I Got News For You.

He’s also appeared on Al Murray’s Happy Hour, The All Star Talent Show and All Star Mr and Mrs.

Other names in the frame for CBB include former Sugababe Mutya Buena, 23, and American singer Whitney Houston, 45.

CBB took a break in 2007 after alleged racist bullying of Bollywood babe Shilpa Shetty, 33, by Jade Goody, 27, Danielle Lloyd, 24, and 29-year-old Jo O’Meara.

Channel 4 was forced to broadcast three on-air apologies after Ofcom found that the series had breached the broadcasting code.

This year’s replacement E4 show Big Brother: Celebrity Hijack attracted only 600,000 viewers, so producers were keen to return to the original format

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lou_weez84 (12-11-2008)

Brilliant that it's returning!

But i doubt those that are rumoured atm will make the final 12, the rumour mill always starts months early and so many names and thrown around.

Whitney Houston was rumoured for CBB5 and never went in, it would be great if she did, but even she (with her road to ruin) is still too big for this.

Big Brother Cliff

CELEBRITY Big Brother chiefs are in hush-hush talks to sign up Sir Cliff Richard.

They know having the “Peter Pan of Pop” as a housemate would send ratings soaring.

The singer, 67, whose music career spans five decades, has kept fans guessing about his sexuality for years.

Cliff has been linked to a string of women, including ex-tennis star Sue Barker, 52, singer Olivia Newton-John, 60, and actress Una Stubbs, 71.

But last month the Bachelor Boy said for the past seven years he had been sharing his home with a man. He is ex-Catholic priest Father John McElynn, 53, who Cliff even refers to as his “companion”.

This has fuelled rumours over whether Cliff is straight or gay.

But the star, who has said the church should back gay marriages, will only say: “As for my sexuality, I am sick to death of the speculation. I don’t think my fans would care either way.”

BB bosses are hoping that if Cliff does the show, he might finally speak openly about his private life and put paid to all the gossip.

Celebrity Big Brother is due to return in January 2009 after a year’s break.

Other celebs tipped to appear so far include ex-Sugababe Mutya Buena, 23, and troubled soul diva Whitney Houston, 45.

Mini-Me in Celebrity BB ?

TINY Austin Powers favourite Mini-Me is in talks to appear on Celebrity Big Brother.

The 2ft 8ins star — real name Verne Troyer — is tipped to be in the Channel 4 show in January.

Also in the frame are Cliff Richard and Whitney Houston.

Verne, 39, hopes he won’t be singled out because of his size.

The actor — whose hotel sex video with ex Ranae Shrider, 22, was leaked on DVD last year — said: “A lot of people look at somebody of my stature as being a leprechaun.

“I’d rather they look beyond that. I can do many things.”

Celebrity Big Brother race row over 'secret' David Irving invite

Big Brother bosses have been slammed for inviting infamous Holocaust denier David Irving to take part in the next celebrity show.

Irving, described as "anti-Semitic and racist" by a High Court judge, met producers about starring in January's series.

The disgraced historian, who was jailed in Austria for his beliefs, bragged on his website that Endemol sent him a "secret invite".

The 70-year-old was only told he had not made the final cut last week.

Jewish campaigner Mark Gardener said: "It's pathetic in the extreme that a Holocaust denier should even be considered as light entertainment for a reality TV show."

Endemol was criticised by media watchdog Ofcom after the Shilpa Shetty race row last year.

A spokesman said Irving was "not seriously considered" as a contestant.

SHOW chiefs have already taken delivery of a brand spanking new Diary Room chair for next year’s comeback series.

StarTV can reveal that the new piece of furniture is bright pink – and comes complete with flashing lights.

One of our moles spotted the chair being delivered to Endemol’s London HQ by couriers who were struggling to get it into the building. Our source revealed: “It’s certainly going to be eye-catching.

“And it looks great.”

Meanwhile, mouthy ex-Sugababe Mutya Buena has been signed up for CBB and will be trying out the new Diary Room chair in January – just as we predicted last month.

Mutya, 23, who quit the chart-topping girl band three years ago, has agreed to take part in the revived Channel 4 show to boost her flagging solo career.

BIG Brother returns to watch over more celebs next month — with a new “sharp” eye.

It looks like it’s been formed out of jagged glass fragments.

Perhaps it indicates that contestants — rumoured to include Satanic Slut Georgina Baillie, Whitney Houston, MP Lembit Opik, ex-Sugababe Mutya Buena, Hollywood actor Verne Troyer and Ian Wright — face a shard time!

From DS

Blake Fielder-Civil is in talks to appear on Celebrity Big Brother 6, reports the Daily Express.

Amy Winehouse's husband is currently in rehab to beat his drug addictions, having been behind bars for nearly a year for assault and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The 26-year-old recently revealed that he is ending the couple's marriage for the sake of Winehouse's welfare, blaming himself for the singer's drug addictions.

However, he is now said to be considering a move into television to save the troubled marriage. "Blake has told me he's been asked about doing Celebrity Big Brother. Amy is a fan of reality TV and Blake knows she will be watching it," a source said.

"He thinks it is the perfect chance for him to show Amy he is off drugs and loves her to bits."

Satanic Slut Georgina Baillie has been targeted by Celebrity Big Brother producers, say reports.

The burlesque dancer, who was at the centre of the Manuelgate scandal, is at the top of their "wish list", according to the Daily Mail.

Baillie found fame after ex-lover Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross left crude phone messages on her grandfather Andrew Sachs's answer machine during a Radio 2 broadcast.

"We couldn't have timed it better if we tried," said a source. "It will guarantee Big Brother maximum publicity.

"An approach is being made to her and we are confident of landing her because we know she is keen for publicity to kickstart her own TV career."

The source continued: "She would be on primetime TV every night and the producers know that Georgie is not backward in coming forwards.

"Georgie knows they will want her to talk openly about the whole affair, but she doesn't mind in the slightest - she will do anything for fame. She sees this as her revenge on Russell Brand."

Popstar Mutya Buena, Whitney Houston, MP Lembit Opik, actor Verne Troyer, ex-footballer Ian Wright and Blake Fielder-Civil have also been linked to the reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Blake Fielder-Civil is in talks to appear on Celebrity Big Brother 6, reports the Daily Express.

Amy Winehouse's husband is currently in rehab to beat his drug addictions, having been behind bars for nearly a year for assault and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
    tbh, if i was a celeb i would say i was not going into the house if he was going in. he's only just been released for violent assault and is a serious drug addict!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Thread Information