Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercedes McQueen

Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 22-11-2014 at 01:48.

new year's episode shows more about her "demise"

so grace "killed" her

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    so grace "killed" her
    Well, its VERY unlikely she is still alive. An important question is why Freddie covered it up?

Last edited by xx_Dan_xx; 23-01-2015 at 23:19.

Hollyoaks star Jennifer Metcalfe is returning to the soap as a regular cast member, Digital Spy can confirm.

The actress reappeared on screen at the end of Tuesday's E4 first look episode (February 17) following weeks of speculation over the fate of her popular character Mercedes McQueen.

Mercedes returns
    © Lime Pictures
    Mercedes returns

Mercedes appeared to have been killed off in November when she was stabbed at the McQueen house and subsequently disappeared. A flashback later revealed that gangster Grace Black was the mystery culprit.

However, Hollyoaks' latest E4 episode showed that Mercedes is not really dead and is actually hiding away in a luxury villa in Nice, France.

Grace is cunningly trying to set up Freddie Roscoe for the 'murder' of Mercedes. She revealed the truth to Freddie's older brother Joe (Ayden Callaghan) by sending him out to France to see Mercedes for himself.

Mercedes will feature in more scenes this week as the story behind her disappearance starts to be explained. Beyond that, Metcalfe will return to filming at Hollyoaks in March as a show regular.

Joe and Mercedes in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures

Joe and Mercedes in Hollyoaks
    © Lime Pictures
    Mercedes will feature in more scenes with Joe this week

Digital Spy can confirm that it was always the plan to bring back Mercedes following her mysterious exit at the end of last year.

Metcalfe chose to take a break from the Channel 4 soap but was always contracted to return. Her temporary exit was announced as a permanent departure in order to protect the secrecy surrounding the Mercedes storyline.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (18-02-2015), tammyy2j (17-02-2015)

Mercedes McQueen will soon make her explosive return to Hollyoaks, and Jennifer Metcalfe has now promised that the popular character is back for good.

The actress took a break from her role as Mercedes late last year when the character appeared to have been killed off, but she reappears on screen as a regular cast member again from next week.

Trevor Royle is responsible for bringing Mercedes back to the village, as he wants to clear the name of his partner Grace Black after she was wrongly accused of murdering the feisty brunette.

Speaking to Soaplife about whether she will be sticking with Hollyoaks long-term, Metcalfe confirmed: "Yes, I am. I've loved my time off from the show, but I've come back with all guns blazing and I'm really excited about what's to come for Mercedes."

It doesn't take long for Mercedes to find herself at the centre of a high-stakes situation, as she gets caught in the crossfire of Freddie and Joe Roscoe's ongoing feud.

After Freddie ties the knot with Lindsey Butterfield, Grace considers taking the ultimate revenge by shooting her enemy. However, when Grace finally does the right thing and backs down, Freddie's brother Joe takes the gun and considers his own vengeful act.

Metcalfe added: "Mercedes ends up in The Dog car park when there's a stand-off between Grace, Freddie, Lindsey and Joe, who wants to shoot Freddie. If that happened, it would draw more attention to Mercedes's mess. And as much as she hates Freddie, she doesn't want him dead. So she whacks the gun out of Joe's hand.

"The gun goes off and Mercedes might take a bullet. You'll have to wait and see."

Hollyoaks bosses are lining up a pregnancy storyline for Mercedes McQueen.

Jennifer Metcalfe's feisty character will soon announce that she is expecting a baby, shocking her family and sparking a juicy new summer plot for the Channel 4 soap.

Show chiefs are currently keeping tight-lipped about who the father of the unborn child is, but Joe Roscoe and Lockie Campbell are currently being tipped as the main two possibilities.

Mercedes slept with Joe (Ayden Callaghan) earlier this year when he tracked her down in France after learning that her 'murder' had been faked.

However, shock scenes airing in the summer will see Mercedes also catch Lockie's eye - despite his rocky marriage to her cousin Porsche.

A Hollyoaks source told Digital Spy: "Lockie has already made his mark in the village with his flirtatious ways, but he'll be pushing his luck even further this summer by working his way through the McQueen clan.

"As well as trying to get things back on track with Porsche, charming Lockie will share a kiss with John Paul after starting to flirt with him again. But when Lockie also falls into bed with Mercedes, could this have life-changing consequences?"

As Mercedes certainly isn't known for her maternal instinct, Hollyoaks fans will also be left to wonder whether she will decide to keep the baby or not.

Mercedes already has a young son called Bobby, but she has no contact with him as he is currently living in the US with his grandfather Carl Costello.

The insider added: "The arrival of a second child could be a chance for Mercedes to prove herself as a mother, but will she really want the responsibility of a baby?"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (31-05-2015), tammyy2j (31-05-2015)

she know by now if it were joe unless she sleeps with him again hope she does and it is his

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (31-05-2015)

Jennifer Metcalfe has lifted the lid on a possible new romance for her character Mercedes McQueen, revealing that her pregnancy will bring her much closer to Joe Roscoe.

The pair are currently expecting a baby together after they had a one-night stand in France earlier this year.

Despite some initial doubts, Mercedes has recently decided to keep the baby and future episodes will see her help Joe as he aims to be walking again as quickly as possible.

Metcalfe explained: "Joe is still in the mix for Mercedes, but we haven't actually got together yet so it won't be on screen for a while. It's more of a friendship that they're building. It's a slow-burner and it's really nice.

"Joe is using a wheelchair and she's helping him to recover. She's really compassionate towards him. It's a nice, soft friendship that takes them by surprise when it starts becoming romantic.

"I think Mercedes is going to give motherhood a good go this time. I think it's her chance to make up for what happened with her son Bobby. She's really excited and I think she's up for it now that she's a bit more grown up."

Asked whether viewers will ever see Bobby again, the actress replied: "I don't know, it'd be great though. He's such a cute kid. I keep in touch with his mum and he's doing really well - he's got a little sister now."

In the meantime, Mercedes has another big love twist on the way. Next week's episodes see her caught kissing Lockie Campbell, the husband of her cousin Porsche.

Mercy's half-brother John Paul - who has also been having an affair with Lockie - is first to uncover the fling, leaving him stunned that Lockie seems to be working his way through the family.

Metcalfe added: "Mercedes and Lockie comes out of the blue on screen. We were literally reading the scripts and the next minute we were going behind some bins snogging. We were wondering, 'How did that happen?' They were probably drunk and just went for it because they can.

"I think she does feel guilty about Porsche, but only as guilty as Mercedes can feel guilty! There's not much love lost between her and Porsche. Maybe there is a little bit of a, 'Yeah, I'll get you back bitch!' just because of how horrible she is to her all the time!"

Thread Information