Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes McQueen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mercedes McQueen

Tuesday, September 30 2008, 14:44 BST

By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Jennifer Metcalfe has admitted that she feared being killed off in Hollyoaks after her character was diagnosed with HIV.

The 24-year-old, who plays Mercedes McQueen in the Chester-based soap, told the Daily Star that she sought reassurance from producers upon discovering her upcoming storyline.

She said: "When I heard I was like: 'Oh my God, they are going to kill me off.' So I went to see my producer as soon as I could and asked if they were going to kill Mercedes. Luckily they said no, which was a massive relief."

Metcalfe added that she has relished the challenges presented by her character's new storyline, saying: "I am thoroughly enjoying it, I hope there is more to come."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moonstorm For This Useful Post:

lizann (30-09-2008)

So i take it Mercedes does not die in Niall's rampage

so mercedes has caught HIV from malachy then?

Considering they had unprotected sex maybe. Pep's will reduce the risk of infection, but she's still at high risk.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by xxloopylauraxx View Post
    so mercedes has caught HIV from malachy then?

I think you have wait 3 months to get test results (like Michaela when she was injected with heroin)

I hope its Tina that dies

You have two tests as the first test might not show the infection hence a 3 month wait. The second test will show up anything if it's present.
    Last edited by Dr. Tangliss; 01-10-2008 at 18:18.
    Medical School Guide Forums
    Soapboards approved link - rimmer

does that mean that the first test may show a positive result?
    Maisie Mouse

McQueen Wedding No. 2

Source Daily Star

SEXPOT Mercedes McQueen is heading for her second marriage.

Lover Malachy Fisher is to pop the question to the feisty babe.

Brave Mercedes sticks by Malachy (Glen Wallace, 22) in his hour of need after discovering he is HIV positive.

And we can reveal that the brunette beauty, played by Jennifer Metcalfe, 24, agrees to tie the knot with her hunk.

This week Mercedes discovers she might have the disease after having unprotected sex with Malachy.

She undergoes tough medical tests to make sure she has not contracted HIV and we are keeping her diagnosis a secret so we do not spoil it for fans.

But after being left dumbstruck by the news, Mercedes comes round and agrees to stand by her man. We can reveal that the wedding will take place later this year.

Mercedes has been married once before, to Russ Owen (Stuart Manning, 25) but that ended in tears.
    And that is just the way Jennifer likes it.

She told us: “I think Mercedes is better when she is on her own causing as much chaos as she possibly can.

“I can’t see her settling down for very long. She’ll get itchy feet and then it will be on to the next adventure.

“Although I think the HIV scare may put her off sleeping with loads of men, it may cure her sex addiction.”
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 03-10-2008 at 14:02.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

moonstorm (03-10-2008), StarsOfCCTV (03-10-2008)

wow i have to say to stand by a guy who knows he has a killer disease but instead of telling you he puts your life at risk also is a pretty big thing. Like kris said to him he is a potential murderer
    Maisie Mouse

I have a feeling they might kill Malachy off to shock viewers. He's not really someone who I can see being around long term.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Thread Information