Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Quote Originally Posted by annette_tr9 View Post
    This was a great episode.....how did they make him look so much younger!

i prefer Fringe over Lost......
    Shocked! Lost is the best ever.. only 5 more episodes and we find out WHY? or for some people "WTF is that about"
    Super Mod

i like Lost as well...........but a bit fed up of waiting for something to happen............

i dont know if i really care why now!!

or it might be that Fringe appeals to my inner geek!!

I watched the first series of this and was liking it but they kept moving the time and day so missed it.. I might just get it on box set and catch up
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Shocked! Lost is the best ever.. only 5 more episodes and we find out WHY? or for some people "WTF is that about"
    Shiv there's only 8 episodes left of 24 I think we need some kind of offical mouring of our favourite american drama's

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe O'brien View Post
    Shiv there's only 8 episodes left of 24 I think we need some kind of offical mouring of our favourite american drama's
    Ah.. at least you have 8.. I only have 5 left.. then now more Sawyer :cry:
    Super Mod

I may as well go and poke my eyes out now with a hot poker, as there will be no hunks to drool over come May. :cry:

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Series 2 Episode 21...things just got a whole lot weirder! Epic episode.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

It's been a pretty intense season for the Fringe gang. What with the revelation that Peter's from an alternate universe and the worrying feeling that the two worlds are about to collide, the upcoming finale should be a belter. We caught up with Lance Reddick, who plays Agent Philip Broyles, to find out more.

What can you tell us about the upcoming season finale?
    "We figure out that Peter's disappeared, so we decide to go after him. The first part is pretty much about the decision and the preparation to go after him and the second part is about what ensues and the pursuit and whether or not we get him back. You find out [whether we get him back], however... the season finale is still a huge cliffhanger."

Were you surprised when you read the finale?
    "I was shocked. My jaw hit the ground. I was like, 'No, no, no, no!' I was thrilled. I mean, it could take two seasons just to resolve that."

Do we meet an alternate character for you?
    "Yes, you see an alternate Broyles. It's interesting. Once again I don't want to say too much. You've already seen at the end of this last episode the alternate Walter. [Broyles] is still the head of Fringe division but he's much more of a footsoldier. I don't want to say too much about the Fringe over there but... it's the same, but it's different. One of the things that Jeff Pinkner (executive producer) said to me on a couple of occasions that even though in the alternate universe the actual state of the world is much worse, the characters actually are not as broken."

What's it like to play a different version of your character?
    "It's a lot of fun. I mean, you know actors, we always want to do something else, something different. It's great."

What did you think when you heard you'd be doing a musical episode?
    "When I heard that we were doing a musical episode I thought, 'Man, that's bizarre'. And then I found out I was going to have to play and sing! That said, even though I'm ostensibly playing, you can't really see me playing, which I was a little bit disappointed about because I had to learn the stuff! But it was a lot of fun and actually the concept of the story was even more fun than actually having to worry about the music."

Do you think there will be another musical episode in the future?
    "I don't know, there might be. I don't know how successful that week was - I mean, Fox was doing all musicals that week. So I don't know."

Glee is another Fox show - do you think there's any chance of a crossover?
    "Well it's interesting, because they tried to get the cast of Glee to play some singing cadavers [in the musical episode]. But for some reason it didn't happen."

There's been a bit of a debate recently between mythology episodes and 'monster of the week' episodes, so which do you prefer?
    "Personally, I prefer the mythology episodes. I feel like that's really where the series lives. I think it's going to be much more about the mythology [in the third season]. I do think there'll be some monster of the week stuff, but I think it's going to be much more about the mythology."

What else do you think will happen in the third season?
    "Beyond that, it's hard for me to say. I can tell you some of the things I'd like to see happen. I'd like to see more of my personal life, particularly in the alternate world. And I'd like to see more of Broyles' relationship with Walter, in both universes but particularly the primary universe, because I think that dynamic's much more interesting. The relationship between Walter and Broyles is much different [in the alternate universe]."

Is it the case that the alternate characters are bad and the primary characters are good, or is it more complex than that?
    "It's interesting. That's what I thought before we kind of got over there, but no. It's much more complicated than that. This is one of those areas where I find Fringe interesting and pretty traditionally sci-fi, in that this is where it becomes kind of veiled sociology and politics. Both versions think that the other people are the bad people."

Are the complex characters what attracted you to the show? Even Walter has a bad past.
    "Especially once you juxtapose the alternate Walters, then it really gets complex. And that's one of the things I love about the show and playing the characters and the relationship between the characters."

You seem to land roles in a lot of cult hits - Oz, The Wire, Lost, Fringe. Are you just lucky? How do you pick your roles?
    "I feel like they picked me, really. Your career's kind of a tricky thing. You go along and once you hit on a particular trajectory and you get recognised within the system... pigeonholed isn't the right word, because I feel like I've had a very wide range of characters that I've been allowed to play. It really started with The Corner. And from that to Oz, to The Wire, Fringe and Lost. But coming from the theatre, I feel like I've been put on that intense dramatic character actor track, and so I guess I appeal to the people who want that in their shows."

The first part of the Fringe season finale airs Tuesday at 10pm on Sky1

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

StarsOfCCTV (01-06-2010)

I've seen the season finale already and it was AMAZING. Total shocker didn't see that coming! So intrigued what will happen next season and how they will resolve it all. Especially gutted that
    Spoiler:
    Olivia and Peter kissed and then Olivia was replaced by the alternate!! Ahhh!

I CANNOT WAIT until next season!! I just hope they don't take a massive break in the middle because that cannot help the viewing figures..
    Last edited by StarsOfCCTV; 01-06-2010 at 02:25.
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

Fringe has cast Amy Madigan in the pivotal role of Olivia’s mother.

The Oscar-nominated actress — who’s most recently played shrink to those head cases over on Grey’s Anatomy — will appear in roughly four episodes beginning with the season premiere when mother and daughter reunite in the alterna-verse.

The original casting breakdown for Mama D. described her as “lovely and together” and deeply devoted to her daughter.

Thread Information