Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fringe

Fringe

Coming to Sky one soon and will be on Irish TV on Wednesday.

from the makers of Lost.. anyone thinking of watching this?
    Super Mod

Anyone watch this? Started really slow but it was brilliant by the end. I love it.
    It will never be as good a lost but good all the same!
    Super Mod

Joshua Jackson is HOT

I enjoyed the premiere, very X Files like

John Noble ('Fringe')

JJ Abrams’ new show Fringe is currently wowing viewers with its slick look into the paranormal aspects of science. As the troubled Dr Walter Bishop, a former government researcher locked up for 17 years, Australian actor John Noble stars alongside Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv in the X-Files like drama, which has just begun its run on Sky1 in the UK. We recently chatted with John about his character, making the show and one very special bovine creature.

How would you describe the ambiguous character of Walter Bishop?
    "My description, almost clinically, is that he’s a man that suffers from bipolar disease. A lot of the time we see him in incredibly manic mode but he’s a genius and has this incredible knowledge. Then you’ve got the other side of him, which is the depressive side. We haven’t explored that to a huge degree but it’s something I need to consider through the course of the show. Also, the fact that he’s been locked away for 17 years and stuffed full of drugs means that he has real memory problems now. He has flashbacks, which makes him very childlike at times also."

What’s Walter’s relationship with his son Peter, played by Joshua Jackson, like?
    "Like many workaholics, Walter is almost an absentee father to some degree - totally focused on his work. Certainly he would have been a good provider, but not the ideal dad in terms of emotional contact. He was imprisoned when his son Peter was going through his most difficult teenage years. Joshua has incredible insight into this from his own life and I do as a father myself. I know how it works. We really enjoy spending hours, he and I, just discussing how they would relate to each other and how they would feel."

Did you have any doubts about signing up to Fringe, given that you’re contracted for six years?
    "I didn’t. It was something that my wife and I discussed. We’re at the stage now where our kids are grown up so we’ve treated it like a great adventure and it’s turned out so far to be exactly that. We’re having the time of our lives."

How did you cope with all the scientific jargon in the script?
    "The internet is a dictionary, it really is. Every week there’s this list of scientific terms and when necessary there are advisors around. But so much of the stuff is available on the internet now so I have a bit of fun researching it before I do it."

What are the highlights of working on the show?
    "The whole cast are fantastic people. Every week something astonishing happens and we’re introduced to these new phenomenon that we need to then bring to life. Believe it or not, we do laugh a lot on set despite the long hours and the gruelling expectations. I have to say, I love it when the cow comes in. That’s happened a few times in fact - she was in a couple of nights ago. That was the end of a very long night and then the cow came in and we all started to laugh and have fun!"

What are your thoughts on the cow?
    "She’s beautiful but she’s a huge animal. Somehow or other she seems to have a very natural gift because whenever the cue comes she’ll give the right look at the right time. I did something with her the other night where absolutely right on tune, she turned around an looked at me and went 'moooo!' Everyone just cracked up laughing - it was perfect timing."

Can we expect lots of plot twists over the course of the season?
    "Oh, absolutely! Every episode - have no doubt about that!"

Fringe airs Sundays at 9pm on Sky1.

This weeks episode was brilliant... some of the shock tactics as used in Lost.. brilliant!!! Recommend to watch

The doctor is just brilliant, love him!! he is so funny without meaning to be
    Super Mod

I keep meaning to watch it, but I forget!

Just got into watching this think it brilliant but what do all those wee pictures mean? Like the leaf and the butterfly???

Smile

Hi there Fringe watchers...
    is anyonoe else watching the current series a.t.m.?
    I'd love to hear your views about this show.
    I'm afraid i am totally hooked.
    I'm not sure if it is allowed to post the link for this - so will wait until I hear, but there is a good info website about Fringe.
    *T*

fraid I lost totally interest in this.. it was on the same time as my dancing and then they kept moving it around to different times and stations... I will stick with LOST
    Super Mod

yeah they stopped it for too long me thinks lost interest myself

Thread Information