Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boyzone

Boyzone have reached number one in the UK with their album Brother.

Gorillaz had been on course to top the charts with Plastic Beach but Boyzone ended up selling more copies of their record, their first album since band member Stephen Gately passed away in October.

"We're just over the moon," band member Ronan Keating told Radio 1. "We can't believe it. It's quite emotional for us to be honest. We've worked hard on this one for obvious reasons.

"It's been an emotional time for us and for the album to go to number one was very important for us on so many levels."

theres a tribute to steven gatley on sunday
    westlife @ echo 18th march 2011 block 17
    westlife @ men 22nd march 2011 block C

Why isnt Stephen's picture on the new album cover?

i wondered that, it seems odd as he is featured vocally on it. Gave it all away is heartbreaking, its so sad listeneing to it.

I love Boyzone and it was very sad when stephen died,Gave it all away is one of their best tracks i reckon,As someone mentioned there is a programme on sunday *a tribute dedicated to him*also afterwards on itv2 i think it is a programme about his life which will be very sad.

Very moving tribute

Stephen Gately's posthumous children's novel is likely to go straight into the bestseller list when it is published this week.

Boyzone singer Gately was finishing his 300-page fantasy novel when he died suddenly in Spain aged 33.

More than 15,000 copies of 'The Tree of Seasons' have been pre-ordered -- 10,000 in Ireland and 5,000 in Britain -- according to its publishers.

That level of sales in Ireland would put the book straight into the top three next week.

"Stephen was so loved in Ireland that, predictably, interest in his book has been huge," a spokesman in Ireland for publishers Hodder & Stoughton said yesterday.

"We think it may be one of the biggest children's titles this year."

Breda Perdue, the managing director of Hodder in Ireland, was one of the first people to read the book.

She said: "It was clear to me immediately that Stephen was a really talented writer.

"The story is a really involving one, creating a detailed imaginary world along the lines of Narnia. I realised straight away that it deserved to be published in Britain as well as here, so I urged our parent company in the UK to take it on."

The last few pages of the book were completed by Stephen's partner Andrew Cowles and by the Irish writer June Considine, who is a sister of well-known author Dermot Bolger.

The book tells the story of three British children who live near a forest where they discover a tree that is a doorway into a magical and dangerous world. There are four kingdoms in that world, each forever stuck in spring, summer, autumn and winter.

The book will be published in hardback in Britain on Thursday priced at €18.50.

Like Harry Potter, it is expected to appeal to all ages. Elton John pays tribute to Gately in the foreword.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...#ixzz0ndGulz00

Just heard on the radio that Ronan Keating has split from his wife

It’s just been announced that Ronan Keating and his wife Yvonne have split after 12 years of marriage.

“With great sadness, Ronan and Yvonne Keating today announce their separation,” reads the official statement on Ronan's website. "The separation is amicable and they will continue to work together in order to provide the best for their children. The family ask for privacy at this difficult time.”

The couple, who’ve been together since their teens, have three children, Jack, Marie and Ali.

Rather unfortunately, only a few days ago, Ronan said in a new interview that he didn’t know why Yvonne was still with him.

“I can’t believe Yvonne has stuck with me for so long,” he said. “I still get incredibly jealous. The green-eyed monster rears its ugly head and brings out all my insecurities. I don’t like it if Yvonne is out without me. I just can’t help it.”

No way that is awful news.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Thread Information