Page 1 of 246 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: How Was Your Day? High Five

Question How Was Your Day? High Five

Fifth edition of the 'How was your day?' thread.

Haha Abi, I can't ring up and do that.. I'd feel cheeky lol. But apparently they have more vacancies at Christmas so I'll try then.. in the mean time, I'm jsut printing off millions of cvs and putting them in every shop possible! Someone must want me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty :] View Post
    Haha Abi, I can't ring up and do that.. I'd feel cheeky lol. But apparently they have more vacancies at Christmas so I'll try then.. in the mean time, I'm jsut printing off millions of cvs and putting them in every shop possible! Someone must want me!
    Why not?! If you know full well that they have a vacancy, you might as well try and get it!! Worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    Why not?! If you know full well that they have a vacancy, you might as well try and get it!! Worth a try.
    yeh i agree with abi. if you ask and they turn you down then youve not lost anything, but if you dont even ask about the vacancy then you wont even have a chance of getting the job. theres no harm in asking
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

yesterday i had to tidy my room and go food shopping to get some stuff to take back to uni with me. today ive gotta pack all my stuff back up as im going back to uni after my mum has finished work. cant wait to get back, ive been at home too long!
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by di marco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abi View Post
    yeh i agree with abi. if you ask and they turn you down then youve not lost anything, but if you dont even ask about the vacancy then you wont even have a chance of getting the job. theres no harm in asking

Yeahh I suppose, but apparently they take on more people than they need at first anyways and do trial runs, but if she does leave then I'll ring them up and see

Been a fairly laid back day. i live with two girls down south for uni, and my best friend (one of the girls) has had to go back to London for a couple of days so i've been kind of bored, all the other girl does is sleeps. she got in at midnight last night and went to bed, she got up at 10 for a nutella sandwhich (i swear she's obsessed with the stuff!) then went back to bed, she's still asleep now!

all i've done is baked some chocolate brownies! i followed the recipe but they've come out the ozen and the bottom bit is all gooey, i know brownies are meant to be to a degree but this is practically liquid! bit disapointed with that! i might mush it all together and put it in the freezer! haha

had my first day of work at the student union shop yday, was so busy as all the freshers students (2000+) were milling around for the student fair so all were coming in to buy things, was rushed off my feet but i suppose that is the best way to learn! i alone sold about £750 pounds worth of stuff in 4 hours, thats mainly due to the uni hoodies costing £21 each, and everyone was coming in to buy them!

Even if you don't do it Kirsty, then as you say, Xmas is coming = vacancies!
    --

I'm getting ready to leave Manchester. Not for good as I'd planned, though, there's too much here now...

A young blind lad got on the bus today while his mam stood there to see him off. he asked the bus driver to tell him when he was at the right stop then rang his mam about two minutes later crying to say he was alright he must have only been about 14 or something. I actually had a tear in my eye, it totally makes you realise how lucky you are. I moan about petty things all the time but can't even imagine what it must be like to be in a situation like that. Most of us don't even know we're born.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_2k7 View Post
    A young blind lad got on the bus today while his mam stood there to see him off. he asked the bus driver to tell him when he was at the right stop then rang his mam about two minutes later crying to say he was alright he must have only been about 14 or something. I actually had a tear in my eye, it totally makes you realise how lucky you are. I moan about petty things all the time but can't even imagine what it must be like to be in a situation like that. Most of us don't even know we're born.
    Omg! That's really sad! There's me moaning baout not having a job.. I should be lucky! I feel bad now I was going to rant about how I thoguht my days been rubbish but I'm not going to bother now because worse stuff could happen so actually, my days been very good

Thread Information