Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin

In a very small country with canals and bikes and windmills and tulips
    Since arriving back to Europe,, I caught Merlin for the first time last night, I quite liked it,,Michelle Ryan ??? well don't that beat all, I guess she did not "make it" in the states as the 6 Million Dollar Woman ???

Quote Originally Posted by JustJodi View Post
    Since arriving back to Europe,, I caught Merlin for the first time last night, I quite liked it,,Michelle Ryan ??? well don't that beat all, I guess she did not "make it" in the states as the 6 Million Dollar Woman ???
    I didn't recognise her with the posh accent and blue, blue eyes.

Troll role is magic for Sarah

GLAM Mistresses star Sarah Parish has gone from doll to troll for the new BBC series Merlin.
    Sarah, 40, said her role in the show about the mythological magician is “a very funny job”.

She said: “I’m a nasty troll who turns herself into a glamorous lady of the court and seduces the head of Camelot.

“She marries him and takes over Camelot.”

Sarah has already lined up another role with a medieval theme in Pillars of the Earth.

The star, married to actor James Murray, has immersed herself in work as she battles against her grief over their eight-month daughter Ella-Jayne, who died from a heart defect in January.

Despite her own heartache, caring Sarah finds time to help others. She supports Headway, the charity for people with brain injuries.

BBC producers have confirmed a host of guest stars for the second series of Merlin.

Pirates Of The Caribbean actor Mackenzie Crook, Hustle's Adrian Lester, Charles Dance and Sarah Parish will join the regular cast when it returns to BBC1 in the autumn.

Crook will guest star in the opening episode as Cedric, a "creepy" character determined to become Arthur's right-hand-man.

Lester will play the devious Myror, Cutting It actress Parish a troll masquerading as Lady Catrina and Dance will guest star as the sinister Witchfinder Aredian.

"With its combination of fantasy, humour and adventure Merlin has firmly established itself as a Saturday evening family fixture. It's great to be working again with the brilliant Shine team who have put together a thrilling second series," BBC executive producer Bethan Jones said.

Johnny Capps, of Shine Television, promised that viewers could expect a "bigger, bolder" second outing.

"We're thrilled to be producing another series of Merlin for the BBC. It's going to be bigger, bolder and more action-packed than ever, with great new villains, white knuckle fight sequences and hilarious comic fun for the whole family to enjoy," he said.

LEGENDARY sorcerer Merlin is coming back to work his magic on BBC viewers.

The hit fantasy drama, which focuses on the young wizard’s friendship with King Arthur, was a Saturday night ratings hit for BBC1 when it appeared on screens last September.

Now Merlin (Colin Morgan, 23) is back with a bang.

Pirates Of The Caribbean star Mackenzie Crook, 37, will make a guest cameo in the opening episode of the new series.

The producer of BBC One's Merlin has revealed what fans can expect from the show's third series.

Speaking to SFX, Johnny Capps admitted that Arthur is unlikely to discover Merlin's true magical nature in the forthcoming episodes.

He explained: “I think that part of the format of the show is that Merlin keeps his magic a secret, just as Superman keeps his identity secret - and I think Arthur not knowing about it is the heart of the show.

"Presumably at some point Arthur would find out, but I think that would be very late on.”

Capps also revealed that the fate of Morgana, played by Katie McGrath, will be explored.

“Within the first five minutes you catch up as to where our characters have been. Camelot has been very focused on the search for Morgana, and Uther has been very concerned about where his ward is." he said. "But when she comes back it’s very intriguing as to where her allegiances lie and what’s happened to her. She’s been on quite a journey.”

Emilia Fox, who previously appeared as Morgana's villainous half-sister Morgause, will also return for the new run.

The third series of Merlin will air on BBC One later this year.

Merlin star Colin Morgan has revealed that new episodes of Merlin will be darker than past instalments.

He told SFX that the third series of the BBC drama will see relationships between characters stretched to breaking point.

“Bad things are happening," he confirmed. "The third series is set a year in the future. We get straight into the action and we don't really hold back on a lot of the confrontations, and the changes in the characters are evident right from the very beginning."

He added: "Friendships are being forged and broken and reborn and burned again."

However, producer Julian Murphy insisted that comedy will still play a big part in the programme.

"It's still a family show," he claimed. "We're careful about what we do. We also keep a lot of humour. There's a fantastic story where a goblin (played by Mark Williams) appears, which is probably the funniest episode we've ever made."

The new series of Merlin will air on BBC One in September.

Merlin Ep 1/13

Saturday 11 September

7.25-8.10pm BBC ONE

Arthur (Bradley James) and Merlin (Colin Morgan) must save Camelot from certain doomIt has been a year since Lady Morgana disappeared and no trace of her has been found, as the fantasy drama starring Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Anthony Head and Richard Wilson returns for a new series.

Just as it seems all hope is lost, Merlin and Arthur pick up a trail. Set upon by bandits it seems they may perish but Merlin's secret magic saves the day. As the dust settles, a mysterious, bruised and bloodied figure approaches the group: it's Lady Morgana.

Camelot rejoices at her return but Merlin is worried that Morgana will remember the circumstances of their last meeting and tell King Uther that he tried to kill her. The King will not understand that he did it to save Camelot from Morgana's half-sister, sorceress Morgause's deadly enchantment; Merlin would be executed on the spot.

Morgana promises Merlin that she has learnt the error of her ways and repents for the evil things she has done. Morgause no longer has any hold over her and Morgana forgives Merlin and promises to keep his secret.

Uther and Morgana enjoy a tearful reunion. The King is delighted that his ward has returned and immediately announces a banquet in her honour. But is there more to her return than meets the eye?

As the evil magic begins to take hold of Uther's mind, Gaius urges Arthur to take command and Merlin begins to suspect that Morgana's repentance is not all it seems. Can Merlin find out what is really going on before Camelot is cast into the greatest peril it has ever known?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

crystalsea (07-09-2010), Smellena (03-09-2010)

ahhh why is morgana sooooo evil now!
    i thought she would be quite evil but this is pretty bad now!
    hrmmm

All she needs is a moustache to twirl and we could boo and hiss her and shout "She's behind you..."

Thread Information