Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin

Merlin

Did anyone watch Merlin on BBC1 on Saturday?

What did people think of it?

I loved it, and I really thought they'd chosen good actors. Especially Eve Myles and Colin Morgan

i was going to until i saw the clip when he called the other lad a prat! i thought, oh no, i dont think i'll bother!! dont think they called each other prats then did they!!?
    POOKIE

I can't remember.

I think he might have done but the language was quite mixed between how we speak now with 'yeah's' and stuff but it was also quite, old fashioned, if that's the right way way to put it, how they spoke in merlins' time. If you get what I mean?

I only saw a little bit of it at the end, but liked it a lot.

I have caught up with this on iplayer, and I am quite enjoying it. It seems like old fashioned Sunday evening family T.V. but on a Saturday.

I hated Arthur to begin with, but he is growing on me, as I suppose he is on Merlin.

I have been watching this too - I really like it.. a real good family drama for a Saturday night, though it reminds me of the type of drama that used to be shown on Sunday nights, like the Magician's House

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeyWaVey View Post
    I have been watching this too - I really like it.. a real good family drama for a Saturday night, though it reminds me of the type of drama that used to be shown on Sunday nights, like the Magician's House
    I agree completely, and Arthur's growing on me too

I lived the Magicians House

The Magician's House was a fantastic programme wasn't it.. always used to cosy up on the sofa and watch it every Sunday evening. Watching Merlin reminds me of this.

Quote Originally Posted by pookie1968uk View Post
    dont think they called each other prats then did they!!?
    Practically everything done and said in 'Merlin' was not done or said in the time it's supposed to be set.

It's a fantasy and as such makes for some good escapist viewing. I liked it as a piece of pure entertainment. I think if you start analysing it too much you will see many faults, but why bother? Just sit back and enjoy.

I believe that your statement is true for most tv viewing - it is entertainment and escapism. People, don't take it all too seriously, for that you need to watch news and documentaries, and even those programmes are not necessarily an independant and true account of what has happened/is happening.

Thread Information