Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner)

EastEnders legends Janine Butcher and Stacey Slater are returning to the soap for a special episode, the BBC revealed today.

In a coup for the Walford show, Charlie Brooks and Lacey Turner have agreed to reprise their roles after both recently finished work on significant movie projects.

While Brooks has just completed filming for Tim Burton's 'twisted' new film version of Mary Poppins, in which she takes the lead role, Turner recently shot her last scene for the much-anticipated new movie adaptation of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra, which will see her play the complex Egyptian queen.

With Ryan Malloy (Neil McDermott) still on the Square and enjoying a new relationship with Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons), Stacey and Janine's bitter rivalry over the barman looks likely to re-emerge in spectacular circumstances.

An EastEnders spokesperson said today: "When Stacey left Walford on Christmas Day 2010, nobody could have imagined that she would one day return and have a chance of getting even with Janine. Fans will remember that it was Janine who drove her out of the Square all those years ago, but they'll have to wait and see whether she'll get her revenge or if there'll be another triumph on the cards for Janine."

Lacey Turner commented: "I'm thrilled to be returning to EastEnders for a one-off episode. I've really enjoyed the stage and film work that I've done since leaving the show, but everyone knows that Stacey Slater is the role that I remember most fondly."

Charlie Brooks added: "Janine will be an absolute nightmare once she's back! Everyone will remember that she left the Square in a flash after winning the lottery in 2017, and her new-found wealth has made her behaviour even worse. When she comes face-to-face with her old enemy Stacey and former husband Ryan, Janine can't resist the chance to cause some mischief."

Firm details of how and why Stacey and Janine both end up back on the Square have yet to be confirmed. However, it is thought that their returns could tie in with the aftermath of the upcoming earthquake stunt which will see several Albert Square residents left in jeopardy.

This is a fictional news article. It is just a bit of fun and purely speculation on what might happen in years to come.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-12-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Angel View Post
    EastEnders legends Janine Butcher and Stacey Slater are returning to the soap for a special episode, the BBC revealed today.

In a coup for the Walford show, Charlie Brooks and Lacey Turner have agreed to reprise their roles after both recently finished work on significant movie projects.

While Brooks has just completed filming for Tim Burton's 'twisted' new film version of Mary Poppins, in which she takes the lead role, Turner recently shot her last scene for the much-anticipated new movie adaptation of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra, which will see her play the complex Egyptian queen.

With Ryan Malloy (Neil McDermott) still on the Square and enjoying a new relationship with Roxy Mitchell (Rita Simons), Stacey and Janine's bitter rivalry over the barman looks likely to re-emerge in spectacular circumstances.

An EastEnders spokesperson said today: "When Stacey left Walford on Christmas Day 2010, nobody could have imagined that she would one day return and have a chance of getting even with Janine. Fans will remember that it was Janine who drove her out of the Square all those years ago, but they'll have to wait and see whether she'll get her revenge or if there'll be another triumph on the cards for Janine."

Lacey Turner commented: "I'm thrilled to be returning to EastEnders for a one-off episode. I've really enjoyed the stage and film work that I've done since leaving the show, but everyone knows that Stacey Slater is the role that I remember most fondly."

Charlie Brooks added: "Janine will be an absolute nightmare once she's back! Everyone will remember that she left the Square in a flash after winning the lottery in 2017, and her new-found wealth has made her behaviour even worse. When she comes face-to-face with her old enemy Stacey and former husband Ryan, Janine can't resist the chance to cause some mischief."

Firm details of how and why Stacey and Janine both end up back on the Square have yet to be confirmed. However, it is thought that their returns could tie in with the aftermath of the upcoming earthquake stunt which will see several Albert Square residents left in jeopardy.

This is a fictional news article. It is just a bit of fun and purely speculation on what might happen in years to come.
    Hardly a spoiler then is it
    Last edited by alan45; 28-12-2010 at 22:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Nollaig chridheil huibh View Post
    Hardly a spoiler then is it
    It'd be good if it were to happen, though

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Angel View Post

Perdita,

The above is a direct copy and paste from DS with no respect for copyright. Any more of the above and we will start to issuing warnings. Please do not copy and paste articles

I'm just sorry to see Stacey go. I had to warm to the character but she has been fab. The square has lost one of its most flamboyant characters. ( good thing Kat came back)

Good acting by both Lacey and Charlie, they did have some chemistry between them.

Ex-EastEnder Lacey Turner has admitted she was nervous about filming her first role outside the soap.

The award-winning actress, who played Walford's Stacey Branning for six and a half years, can be seen as Lia in two episodes of the new series of BBC Three's Being Human.

Asked if it was nerve-wracking to take on a new part, she said: "Yeah, it was, it is the only other TV job I've done since EastEnders. It's so different, we shoot 14 scenes a day [in EastEnders], we spend about half and hour to an hour to do a scene.

"I go to Cardiff for Being Human and you have the whole day to do a scene. It was nice because you got to play around with the character and try different things.

"The cast and crew were so lovely. The crew made me feel so welcome. I'd never been to Cardiff, never filmed anything other than EastEnders and they made me feel at home straight away, I really enjoyed it."

She said the set-up of the show gave her a chance to approach acting differently.

"As an actress you sort of want to try different things really, you want to explore different ways of doing things. On a fast show like EastEnders you don't have the time to do that - you have to decide which way you're gonna do it and stick to it. So it was nice to have the time to be able to think, 'I'll try this to see if it's better'.

PA

EX EastEnder Lacey Turner is facing another doomed romance - as Frankenstein's bride.
    Lacey, 22 - the soap's unlucky-in-love Stacey Branning - plays the monster-creating scientist's fiancée in a live BBC3 musical next month.

Gothic spectacular Frankenstein's Wedding will be filmed with an audience of 9,000 dressed as wedding guests at historic Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds.

The tale sees bride Elizabeth (Lacey) fuss over her big day while Victor Frankenstein (Andrew Gower) is more concerned with his murderous creature (David Harewood).

Lacey hopes to be helped by her experiences in EastEnders' live 25th anniversary episode, in which Stacey was revealed as a killer and her hubby Bradley died in a rooftop fall.

She said: "This is a fantastic project. I'm looking forward to it being live - it's definitely an adrenaline rush."

(c) The Sun

Lacey Turner has said that she left EastEnders because she was curious about other roles.

The 26-year-old actress played Stacey Slater from 2004 to 2010, with the character's last appearance on Christmas Day that year.

Asked why she left the show, Turner told Metro: "I woke up one morning and thought, 'My god, I've been here six years'. I was curious about what else was out there.

"It was my first job. I'd done theatre when I was 11 and wanted to go back to it and explore other things. I thought if I didn't leave when I did, I'd have been there forever."

She continued: "I had such a lovely time there and was blessed with great storylines. I loved Stacey as a character, made lovely friends and had the best seven years of my life."

Turner admitted to missing EastEnders and added: "I spent so much time there - more than I did at home.

"I miss playing Stacey but it's nice to have a life and be able to do things I didn't have time to do before, such as go to the hairdresser or dentist. Just normal things.

"I can't believe it's been two years since I left. It feels like yesterday. I don't know whether I'll ever go back to EastEnders. I'd certainly never say never because I loved being Stacey."

Watch Lacey Turner talk to Digital Spy about her farewell scenes below:

Lacey Turner has said that she left EastEnders because she was curious about other roles.

The 26-year-old actress played Stacey Slater from 2004 to 2010, with the character's last appearance on Christmas Day that year.

Asked why she left the show, Turner told Metro: "I woke up one morning and thought, 'My god, I've been here six years'. I was curious about what else was out there.

"It was my first job. I'd done theatre when I was 11 and wanted to go back to it and explore other things. I thought if I didn't leave when I did, I'd have been there forever."

She continued: "I had such a lovely time there and was blessed with great storylines. I loved Stacey as a character, made lovely friends and had the best seven years of my life."

Turner admitted to missing EastEnders and added: "I spent so much time there - more than I did at home.

"I miss playing Stacey but it's nice to have a life and be able to do things I didn't have time to do before, such as go to the hairdresser or dentist. Just normal things.

"I can't believe it's been two years since I left. It feels like yesterday. I don't know whether I'll ever go back to EastEnders. I'd certainly never say never because I loved being Stacey."

Watch Lacey Turner talk to Digital Spy about her farewell scenes below:

Former EastEnders star Lacey Turner has refused to rule out a return to the BBC soap.

The Stacey Slater actress, who is currently starring in ITV2 witch drama Switch, said that she is appreciating being involved in other projects.

She pondered to Soaplife: "Would I ever go back? Never say never, but I'm so enjoying trying out different things. I'm also enjoying working on projects like Switch that are fun."

However, she added: "Playing a character like Stacey who had such intense and dramatic storylines was quite draining. I had to cry so much as Stacey that I found it hard to cry in real life."

Of her role in Switch, the star claimed that playing a gay character wasn't challenging, adding: "I've never played a lesbian before but I gave it my best shot and it was fine.

"No different to playing a straight character, really - and that includes the kissing scenes. I mean, a pair of lips is a pair of lips. Although obviously women don't have stubble."

Recently in an interview with Digital Spy, Turner revealed that working on Switch has been more enjoyable than EastEnders.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information