Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner)

I can see Stacey cracking in the future and saying it to someone

Apparently in tonight's episode, Inspector Marsbar tells Phil that she's not convinced Bradley is the murderer, because she has "a nose for these things"!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-02-2010)

From next week's Radio Times:

"As well as illuminating the gulf between those in the cast who can act and those who cannot, and showing just how good the soap could be if it was on, say, twice a week, Eastenders' recent live episode also begged the question: whither Stacey? Unlike the real world, Soapland is a moral place where wrongdoers are inevitably punished.

As John Yorke, then Eastenders' executive producer told a conference of bishops in 2002 in a speech entitled Eastenders: Faith. Morality and Hope in the Communitty, 'At little Mo's trial for attempted murder we had to find her guilty. The audience didn't want this, but we had to show that however great the torture she endured, she couldn't take the law into her own hands.'

This doesn't bode well for Stacey. Yorke, who is now BBC controller of drama production and in overall charge of Eastenders, says, 'At some stage, there will be legal and judicial intervention, but what's more important is the personal morality. Stacey will be profoundly haunted by her actions and that will provide us with a storyline for the next year. It also allows us to discuss a bigger ethical question - did Archie have it coming?'...

Arguably, Stacey has been punished enough by seeing her beloved Bradley die and, debatably, being culpable in his death. But Yorke says she has more trauma to come - starting with a two-hander episode between her and Max next week."

Enders Stacey 'will never be the same'

EastEnders star Lacey Turner has predicted that viewers will see a permanent change in Stacey Branning following the loss of her husband Bradley.

The actress's troubled character watched Bradley (Charlie Clements) fall to his death from the roof of the Queen Vic last month while he was being chased by police who were convinced he was Archie Mitchell's killer.

In an interview with the Walford soap's official website, the 21-year-old was asked how she expects Stacey to cope with the bereavement in the long-term after already losing best friend Danielle Jones (Lauren Crace) last year.

Turner replied: "She's had quite an unlucky time really, losing so many people. I think Bradley was the love of her life so I don't think she'll ever be the same without Bradley.

"But I hope that she copes and deals with it as best as she can. I'm sure she will because she's quite a strong character."

On how her pregnant alter ego will handle life as a single mother, Turner added: "I think every time she looks at the baby it's going to bring back memories of her and Bradley so she may struggle in that sense. But overall, I think she'll cope.

"She's got good family around her and she's a strong-minded, tough person who's had to deal with a lot. I think it will be hard but she'll get through it hopefully."

Stacey will feature in a special two-hander episode with Bradley's father Max (Jake Wood) this Friday.

Looks like she is not going to lose the baby

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (24-03-2010), Dutchgirl (24-03-2010), lizann (24-03-2010)

That is good news.. and I hope this time they keep her and the baby in EE.. they have a tendency to ship babies out of EE
    Super Mod

I guess its her fault for Bradley's death and she will have live with that

She had a good bond with Kat. Maybe they can bring some of that into the story.

Lacey Turner quits the grey skies of Walford for the blue skies of Hollywood

EASTENDERS star Lacey Turner is quitting Albert Square - to pursue a career in movies.
    The actress, telly's bitchy Stacey Slater, has handed in her notice to the soap's new boss Bryan Kirkwood.

She will end her five-year stint on the BBC1 hit after more dramatic storylines this year. But the door is being left open for her to return if she wants.

Gillian Wright, who plays her mum Jean, is also on her way.

Lacey, 22, hopes to land a part in a major costume drama before moving on to other films.

She said last night: "I've had the most fantastic time at EastEnders. Stacey's been a brilliant role - as has being part of the feisty Slater family.

"I'm so lucky to have had such challenging storylines, from the affair with Max and being diagnosed as bipolar, to the shock of being revealed as Archie's killer in the live episode.

"I'll miss everyone in Albert Square, but the time has come to try something different."

Market trader Stacey, who joined in 2004, is one of the soap's most popular characters.

About 16.5million people saw her confess to Archie Mitchell's murder in February's live show soon after hubby Bradley, who she wed twice, fell to his death.

News of Lacey's departure follows The Sun's revelation this month that executive producer Bryan was axeing several major characters - including Minty Peterson and Stacey's uncle Charlie.

Others off are Libby Fox, Danny Mitchell and Adam Best. Meanwhile Tiana Benjamin (Chelsea Fox) is quitting - along with Barbara Windsor, the show's Peggy Mitchell.

Lacey's agent Sharon Harris last night revealed the actress had decided to leave last year.

She said: "She discussed going last summer but signed one more contract.

"EastEnders offered more incredible storylines and the live episode, but she feels it's time to move on."

Enders boss Bryan said: "We'll be very sad to see Lacey leave, she's one of TV's best young actresses. The door will be left open for her to return."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#ixzz0mRid2UGj

Yet another deluded fool who thinks because she has appeared in a soap she can become a movie star

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-04-2010), lizann (07-05-2010), tammyy2j (29-04-2010)

EastEnders stars Lacey Turner and Gillian Wright are to bow out of the soap later this year, Digital Spy can confirm.

The pair - who play bipolar-suffering mother-daughter duo Stacey Branning and Jean Slater - will step down from their roles after almost six years, with Turner in particular expressing her desire to pursue other acting opportunities.

The door for a potential return will be firmly left open for Stacey, while Jean's future has yet to be determined.

Storyliners are currently working on dramatic departures for the two characters.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Turner said: "I've had the most fantastic time at EastEnders. Stacey has been such a brilliant role for me to play, as has being part of the feisty Slater family.

"I'm so lucky to have had such challenging storylines, from the affair with Max and being diagnosed with bipolar to the complete shock of being revealed as Archie's killer during the live 25th Anniversary episode."

She added: "I'll miss Stacey and everyone in Albert Square very much but the time has come to try something different."

New executive producer Kirkwood commented: "We'll be very sad to see Lacey Turner leave the show. Lacey is one of the best young actresses on TV at the moment and the fact that she's won 28 awards in the last five years is testament to this.
    "It's only right that someone as talented and versatile as Lacey should pursue new challenges and we wish her the very best of luck."

He continued: "In the meantime, viewers can look forward to a typically dramatic Slater family exit when she leaves and the door will be left open for Stacey Branning to return to Albert Square in the future."

Meanwhile, Wright (above left) said of her departure: "It's been an honour to play Jean especially as the public response to her has always been so supportive. It's been a real privilege to be able to heighten awareness of bipolar disorder.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed working with my onscreen Slater family, in particular working with Lacey and developing such a great rapport over the years."

Kirkwood added: "Gillian has brought real heart and pathos to the role of Jean Slater, a complex and fragile character who has really been taken into the public's affection."

Earlier this month, it was announced that head of the Slater clan, Charlie - Derek Martin - is to leave along with five others.

Turner first appeared in the Albert Square soap in November 2004 and has been a regular ever since, while her screen mother Wright made her brief debut the following month. She reappeared a year later for another short stint, before joining full-time from November 2006.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (30-04-2010), lizann (07-05-2010), tammyy2j (29-04-2010)

I guess Stacey is revealed as the killer to everyone else as well then. They'll probably come up with some imaginative way for her to get out of prison if she wants to come back.

Thread Information