Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner)

I think she's one of the better charactors, and the actress that plays her, has real talent.

she is a good actress

I can't stand her - she's one of those two-dimensional characters that I just can't really warm to, even as a bitchy character. Janine was fab, but Stacey is nowhere near that league and the storylines which should have generated some sympathy for her didn't really do enough. It sounded good on paper, but it just doesn't seem to have worked out as well on screen.

Yes janine was a excellent charactor, but remember people thought the same about her at first, to understand and to be more sympathetic to the stacey charactor look at her childhood and her appalling mother...

I repeat the kid that plays her has a lot of potential, in a lot of the scenes she's in she acts the socks off actors a lot older than herself.

Shes too good for eastenders..

Runs for cover.

The issue of her childhood does arouse sympathy - in theory, but I don't think it really did the job on screen. I know it explains why she's desperate for attention, but when she gets it, she throws in back in everyone's faces. Her bitchyness is out of proportion to her motives, if you know what I mean. Acting-wise, she's by no means the worse, but I don't think she's particularly outstanding either.

she has had a bad childhood and just wants a proper family thats why she gets so jelous of zoe, she just needs some love and stability in her life

I know that's what we're supposed to think but it doesn't come across well though - it seems that she wants Charlie (softy that he is) to spoil her and treat her like a princess. If she wanted a proper family, she'd make more of an effort to get on with Zoe and the rest of them too - then instead of just one person, she'd have loads. The Slaters look out for each other and even for their girls exes, particularly Garry and Alfie and Stacey could be part of that if she tried. Zoe didn't make it easy for her, but Stacey did do some pretty bitchy things. And Lucy can't understand why she seems to hate her now - she only wanted to be her friend but Stacey had to push her away too. And Yolande has been really good to her, but she nicks money off her and, although she seemed to feel bad about it, there wasn't much sign of remorse when she was initially caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl
    she has had a bad childhood and just wants a proper family thats why she gets so jelous of zoe, she just needs some love and stability in her life
    I agree that Stacey just wants to be part of the family. I'm glad the whole fake mugging came to an end tonight, it had gone on long enough. I was glad Charlie wasn't too tough on Stacey, I know she behaved badly but he seemed to understand how she was feeling tonight, and have sympathy for her.

I think the fact that Stacey admitted she had done wrong tonight mean't she did have some conscience. She stood there and took the blame, rather than making Lucy out to be a liar.

I really like stacey. she is a very good actress. i think they bought her in as a replacement for janine but she will never be as good as her.

stacey!

I agree with you too. The young actress who plays Stacey (I think her name is Lacey something) is a real find. I don't like the character - but the actress plays her part really well. You could imagine a little minx like that in real life (in fact one of my son's school mates is VERY like her!) What does anyone else think? Is she a keeper? ;)

Thread Information