Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner)

Former EastEnders star Lacey Turner has refused to rule out a return to the BBC soap.

The Stacey Slater actress, who is currently starring in ITV2 witch drama Switch, said that she is appreciating being involved in other projects.

She pondered to Soaplife: "Would I ever go back? Never say never, but I'm so enjoying trying out different things. I'm also enjoying working on projects like Switch that are fun."

However, she added: "Playing a character like Stacey who had such intense and dramatic storylines was quite draining. I had to cry so much as Stacey that I found it hard to cry in real life."

Of her role in Switch, the star claimed that playing a gay character wasn't challenging, adding: "I've never played a lesbian before but I gave it my best shot and it was fine.

"No different to playing a straight character, really - and that includes the kissing scenes. I mean, a pair of lips is a pair of lips. Although obviously women don't have stubble."

Recently in an interview with Digital Spy, Turner revealed that working on Switch has been more enjoyable than EastEnders.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

EastEnders will welcome back one of its most popular characters next year as Lacey Turner reprises her role as Stacey Branning.

The actress will return to filming at the BBC One soap in January after three years away from the programme.

Stacey was last seen fleeing the country after Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks) exposed her as the killer of Archie Mitchell.

While exact details of her comeback storyline have yet to be revealed, show bosses are promising that Stacey's shock return will be one to remember.

Turner commented: "I may have left EastEnders over three years ago, but the show has always been in my heart, as has Stacey, and she has never really left my side.

"I am so excited about returning and seeing what the future holds for her. It's been a while since I set foot in Albert Square and I am looking forward to coming home."

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "Stacey is one of EastEnders' best-loved characters, played by one of television's finest actors and I am tremendously excited that Lacey has decided to return home to Walford.

"Stacey's last time on the Square was iconic. But that was just the first act. There is so much more to come for Stacey - and her return will send ripples of drama through the Square."

Turner's original stint as Stacey ran between 2004 and 2010, during which time she won over 30 awards for her portrayal of the character.

Stacey was also at the centre of huge storylines, including her affair with father-in-law Max (Jake Wood) and the shock reveal in EastEnders' 25th anniversary live episode that she was responsible for Archie's murder.

Since leaving EastEnders, Turner has appeared in a number of other shows including Being Human, True Love, Bedlam, Switch and Our Girl.

As well as returning to EastEnders, Turner will be filming a five-part series of Our Girl next year.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2...#ixzz2mfdLwSUw
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

EastEnders will welcome back one of its most popular characters next year as Lacey Turner reprises her role as Stacey Branning.

The actress will return to filming at the BBC One soap in January after three years away from the programme.

Stacey was last seen fleeing the country after Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks) exposed her as the killer of Archie Mitchell.

While exact details of her comeback storyline have yet to be revealed, show bosses are promising that Stacey's shock return will be one to remember.

Turner commented: "I may have left EastEnders over three years ago, but the show has always been in my heart, as has Stacey, and she has never really left my side.

"I am so excited about returning and seeing what the future holds for her. It's been a while since I set foot in Albert Square and I am looking forward to coming home."

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: "Stacey is one of EastEnders' best-loved characters, played by one of television's finest actors and I am tremendously excited that Lacey has decided to return home to Walford.

"Stacey's last time on the Square was iconic. But that was just the first act. There is so much more to come for Stacey - and her return will send ripples of drama through the Square."

Turner's original stint as Stacey ran between 2004 and 2010, during which time she won over 30 awards for her portrayal of the character.

Stacey was also at the centre of huge storylines, including her affair with father-in-law Max (Jake Wood) and the shock reveal in EastEnders' 25th anniversary live episode that she was responsible for Archie's murder.

Since leaving EastEnders, Turner has appeared in a number of other shows including Being Human, True Love, Bedlam, Switch and Our Girl.

As well as returning to EastEnders, Turner will be filming a five-part series of Our Girl next year.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

megan999 (07-12-2013), tammyy2j (06-12-2013)

she is coming back just heard on the radio

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (07-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

Turner commented: \\"I may have left EastEnders over three years ago, but the show has always been in my heart, as has Stacey, and she has never really left my side.

\\"I am so excited about returning and seeing what the future holds for her. It's been a while since I set foot in Albert Square and I am looking forward to coming home.\\"

EastEnders' executive producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins added: \\"Stacey is one of EastEnders' best-loved characters, played by one of television's finest actors and I am tremendously excited that Lacey has decided to return home to Walford.

\\"Stacey's last time on the Square was iconic. But that was just the first act. There is so much more to come for Stacey - and her return will send ripples of drama through the Square.\\"

I hope her return is better than Sharon's
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 06-12-2013 at 20:07.

Max will be happy
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 06-12-2013 at 20:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    cheers perd didn't see it

if she returns will she be charged with archie's murder?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (07-12-2013)

why is Stacey coming back? (apart from giving Lacey Turner work...) Jean is gone? the only Slater left is Kat... - no house, no job, and barely any family.....go to Brighton and stay with Jean surely?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Perdita (16-12-2013), tammyy2j (17-12-2013)

Thread Information