Former EastEnders star Lacey Turner has refused to rule out a return to the BBC soap.

The Stacey Slater actress, who is currently starring in ITV2 witch drama Switch, said that she is appreciating being involved in other projects.

She pondered to Soaplife: "Would I ever go back? Never say never, but I'm so enjoying trying out different things. I'm also enjoying working on projects like Switch that are fun."

However, she added: "Playing a character like Stacey who had such intense and dramatic storylines was quite draining. I had to cry so much as Stacey that I found it hard to cry in real life."

Of her role in Switch, the star claimed that playing a gay character wasn't challenging, adding: "I've never played a lesbian before but I gave it my best shot and it was fine.

"No different to playing a straight character, really - and that includes the kissing scenes. I mean, a pair of lips is a pair of lips. Although obviously women don't have stubble."

Recently in an interview with Digital Spy, Turner revealed that working on Switch has been more enjoyable than EastEnders.