Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosie Webster (Helen Flanagan)

Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan has admitted that she began to dislike her character Rosie Webster.

The 21-year-old actress, who has been in the ITV1 soap since the age of 10, said leaving the show will help her transition to adulthood.

"When I'm acting, I like things to feel real, and I didn't like Rosie's bitchiness. I didn't enjoy *playing that kind of character. She went through a phase of being such a catty girl. As an actress you do the best job you can, but I didn't enjoy it because it didn't feel real," Flanagan told the Sunday Mirror.

© Rex Features

"I always said to myself that I was going to leave when I turned 21. For me, the show represents my *childhood, and I just couldn't have properly become an adult if I hadn't left. I'm so grateful for the *opportunities Corrie has given me, but I was in a bubble and the time is right for me to go.

"It finally feels as though I've left my childhood behind. People keep asking me what I'm going to do next, but I just want to enjoy being me and live for the *moment for a while. I've been on Corrie since I was 10. It hasn't just been my job, it's been my whole life."

Flanagan added that she now wants to play a completely different character, such as a role in Downton Abbey or Juliet in Romeo and Juliet.

Rosie will bid farewell to Weatherfield on Friday when viewers see her break up with Jason Grimshaw (Ryan Thomas) to pursue her dream of becoming famous by moving to London for a dating show.
    Last edited by alan45; 05-02-2012 at 11:45.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

To paraphrase the bumper sticker: “If the van’s a rocking, luck don’t come knocking”. Following their nookie/handbrake slippage and van crash, Jason and Rosie are not happy. After an article in the paper about “Randy Road Safety Model Rosie” Owen finds out the crash was Jason’s fault and sacks him. Jason doesn’t get much sympathy from Rosie either because she loses her job as the road safety model because of it.

However, you can’t keep a good model down. Rosie gets a call from her agent saying that because of the story in the paper, she’s got a casting for a new reality show in London. Delighted, Rosie heads off to the audition. And then she’s over the moon to hear she has got the part. There’s only one problem - she doesn’t want Jason to go with her.

She successfully pleads with Owen to get him his job back so he won’t come to London with her. But when Owen asks Jason to come back to work, Jason refuses, claiming he's moving to London with Rosie. He’s amazed when Owen reveals it was Rosie who talked him into changing his mind.

He confronts Rosie who finally breaks down and tells him the truth – she doesn’t want him with her when she heads off to the bright lights and big city. He’s heartbroken and furious. But later on when she’s saying good bye to her family he crosses the street for a final moment. Can they be reconciled?
    Either way, it’s farewell to Rosie. For a dim girl, your light burnt brightly. We will miss you. And your cleavage.

yahoo.tv

This makes me laugh. Hasn't Helen been complaining about her character to the dailymail website?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xcarlyx For This Useful Post:

alan45 (05-02-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Or better still, Sophie leave INSTEAD of Rawsie.
    Even better all the Websters leave

Coronation Street bids farewell to Rosie Webster this evening as she heads off to seek fame and fortune.

Rosie (Helen Flanagan) leaves boyfriend Jason (Ryan Thomas) heartbroken in tonight's episodes as she finally tells him the truth about her plans, explaining that she needs to end their relationship as her new TV project is a dating show.

Jason is shocked that Rosie would be so ruthless and gives her some home truths, before sharing the news of their split with an outraged Eileen (Sue Cleaver).

As Rosie later prepares to leave the cobbles, she asks Jason to join her in the taxi for a moment so they can say goodbye properly. Will they part on good or bad terms?

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV1.

Never thought I would say this but Rawsie, I am going to miss you

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Never thought I would say this but Rawsie, I am going to miss you
    I'm sad to see her leave, too . You could always count on Rosie to make you laugh at her airhead ways.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Chloe O'brien (10-02-2012)

Since she left Coronation Street as Rosie Webster, actress Helen Flanagan has been in the tabloids pretty much all the time.

Pictures of her with various bits of her body on show have been flashed across the papers, with journalists pretty much running stories about her taken from her postings she's made to her twitter account.

Anyway, it looks like Helen's now got a proper job. She's the face of SpecSavers 2012 challenge to find the spectacle wearer of the year.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Helen Flanagan has admitted that she may start planning for a baby after moving in with boyfriend Scott Sinclair.

However, the ex-Coronation Street actress said that she hopes buying a pet dog will put a stop to her current mood.

"I'd like a dog to stop me getting broody," she told The Sun. "I'll probably get a little baby dog. I'd like a Chihuahua."

Flanagan announced her Corrie departure last October, with her final scenes playing out in February.

Of her future plans, she added: "I'm only 21, I even thought of maybe going back to university. I just want to live for the moment really."

Flanagan has been dating Swansea City footballer Sinclair since January.

Won't be long then before we see Helen's Chihuahua in the tabloids .

bet she wished she'd stayed on the cobbles now:

BREAKING NEWS
    Swansea winger Scott Sinclair to undergo a medical at Manchester City after the clubs agree a fee of £6.2m.

The 23-year-old has agreed a four-year contract at the Etihad and is expected to complete the deal later today.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sarah c For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (31-08-2012)

Thread Information