Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Molly Dobbs could not wait to cheat on her new husband with Kevin Webster in Corrie... I wonder what goes on in producers and scriptwriters heads at times
    I don't see Whitney's feelings for Mick as anything resembling the Molly and Kevin affair, and I certainly don't think she's a witch.

I've still got a lot of sympathy for Whitney. The girl is obviously very, very confused and the two lots of sexual abuse she's suffered have understandably messed her up in a big way. Harrowing experiences like that often affect a person profoundly for the rest of their lives, especially without professional help. She's unhappy and lonely due to Lee's depression, and has obviously grown to see Mick as someone warm and loving, who takes care of his loved ones, and who makes her feel safe. I think her developing feelings for him is entirely understandable given her history. She also may be confusing his attention as romantic feelings because that's how Tony manipulated her into a sexual relationship.

Acting on her feelings is, of course, totally out of order, but I agree with maidmarian that her boundaries are going to be skewed after being abused by two older men she trusted implicitly. Hopefully Mick will put her straight sensitively.

I'm positive this won't develop into an affair given what Danny Dyer has said in interviews. I also haven't read anything about Whitney leaving.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 19-01-2016 at 19:57.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (19-01-2016), parkerman (19-01-2016), Perdita (19-01-2016), Siobhan (20-01-2016), tammyy2j (20-01-2016)

Whitney started out as a great character but the writers ruined her and why did she stop working at the crèche, wasn't she training for that

Perhaps she could take a break visit Liam or Bianca

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-01-2016), parkerman (20-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Whitney started out as a great character but the writers ruined her and why did she stop working at the crèche, wasn't she training for that
    She was fired from her job working with kids a while back. I can't remember why.

I think this storyline could give Shona a chance to shine again. It depends whether her infatuation with Mick is taken seriously as a side effect of her past, or if she's portrayed as some kind bunny boiler. I find it impossible to know what to expect with DTC's EastEnders, which can be very sensitive one minute and over the top and sensationalized the next.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (20-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    She was fired from her job working with kids a while back. I can't remember why.

I think this storyline could give Shona a chance to shine again. It depends whether her infatuation with Mick is taken seriously as a side effect of her past, or if she's portrayed as some kind bunny boiler. I find it impossible to know what to expect with DTC's EastEnders, which can be very sensitive one minute and over the top and sensationalized the next.
    I remember her punishing Denny and then after Ava left was Whitney let go too, I was sure she was training

Whitney's character is written sometimes as if the writers forget her being an abuse victim, I think her scenes with Kat what few there was were well done and enjoyable, them bonding

I think Whitney working in the crèche was better than her in the pub

She cheated on Fatboy with one of the Moon brothers so I don't think cheating will matter to her but hoping Mick is stronger and sticks to Linda

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-01-2016), maidmarian (20-01-2016)

EastEnders​' Whitney Dean will make a shocking move on her boyfriend's dad Mick Carter next week and Shona McGarty has said that her actions will have a huge impact on the Carter family.

The highly uncomfortable scenes follow a difficult few days for Whitney, who is facing ongoing problems in her relationship with Lee and also finds herself clashing with his sister Nancy.

McGarty told Inside Soap: "Whitney doesn't think before she does anything - she is just like her stepmum Bianca!

"Her head is all over the place at that point and she has got so much going on with Lee. She opens up to Mick about some personal stuff and how she is feeling at the time, and she just has this mad moment of, 'Wow, I think I really like you!'

​"Mick tells her not to worry and says he will always be there for her. He means it in a good way, but she takes it too far and decides there might be something more there - so she goes in for a snog!"

Speaking about the aftermath of her actions, McGarty teased: "It will definitely have a huge impact on the Carters.

"I don't think Lee will be very impressed and neither will Nancy. If I found out one of my friends had kissed my dad, I wouldn't be happy either! It is sure to jeopardise her relationship with Lee as well. It's all a bit cringey!"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-01-2016), Rear window (21-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Mick tells her not to worry and says he will always be there for her. He means it in a good way, but she takes it too far and decides there might be something more there - so she goes in for a snog!
    Sounds like a re-run of Linda and Dean. Is Whitney going to rape Mick?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Rear window (21-01-2016)

Shona makes it sound like Whitney kisses Mick because she's a thoughtless airhead! I hope the writing's a bit more sensitive and that my post sympathizing with and explaining her behaviour wasn't for naught.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 21-01-2016 at 01:27.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (21-01-2016), Perdita (21-01-2016)

does she run the pub and carters now, they need to throw her out

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

livden (06-07-2016)

oh yes please, what on earth is she doing in the show anywhere, her part is so boringgggggggggggggggggggg

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kissinger For This Useful Post:

livden (06-07-2016)

she thinks she is up duff next week

Thread Information