Thread: Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Molly Dobbs could not wait to cheat on her new husband with Kevin Webster in Corrie... I wonder what goes on in producers and scriptwriters heads at times
    I don't see Whitney's feelings for Mick as anything resembling the Molly and Kevin affair, and I certainly don't think she's a witch.

I've still got a lot of sympathy for Whitney. The girl is obviously very, very confused and the two lots of sexual abuse she's suffered have understandably messed her up in a big way. Harrowing experiences like that often affect a person profoundly for the rest of their lives, especially without professional help. She's unhappy and lonely due to Lee's depression, and has obviously grown to see Mick as someone warm and loving, who takes care of his loved ones, and who makes her feel safe. I think her developing feelings for him is entirely understandable given her history. She also may be confusing his attention as romantic feelings because that's how Tony manipulated her into a sexual relationship.

Acting on her feelings is, of course, totally out of order, but I agree with maidmarian that her boundaries are going to be skewed after being abused by two older men she trusted implicitly. Hopefully Mick will put her straight sensitively.

I'm positive this won't develop into an affair given what Danny Dyer has said in interviews. I also haven't read anything about Whitney leaving.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 19-01-2016 at 18:57.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (19-01-2016), parkerman (19-01-2016), Perdita (19-01-2016), Siobhan (20-01-2016), tammyy2j (20-01-2016)

Thread Information