Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty)

I think now it could be Tamwar or else Dean is she still like bad boys
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 27-05-2014 at 00:16.

is she away as off the show?

She was, but is back now.

EastEnders star Shona McGarty has said that viewers will see a different side to her character Whitney Dean over the coming months as she grows closer to Linda Carter.

Whitney is currently in a relationship with Linda's son Lee, and upcoming scenes will see her get more involved in their strong family unit.

Speaking to the Daily Star, McGarty said: "She starts to feel a real part of the Carters. They make her feel safe. They all have each other's backs and she wants that.

"She starts looking up to Linda Carter more. She sees this strong woman who's been through so much.

"Whitney's going to change, get more classy and more grown up. She needs to lose the hoop earrings!"

Lee tells Whitney his news
    © BBC
    Whitney and Lee

McGarty also backed Whitney's relationship with Lee, admitting she would like to have a soap wedding at some point in the future.

She said: "I think she's definitely found love with Lee. I'd love to get married in EastEnders."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-05-2015), maidmarian (20-05-2015), tammyy2j (20-05-2015)

Whitney and Lee are massive spare parts at the moment, they need something to do.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-05-2015), tammyy2j (20-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Whitney and Lee are massive spare parts at the moment, they need something to do.
    It will be interesting if she does make a
    friendship with Linda! A very different
    "mother" figure to Bianca.!!

Also the character had got into a bit of
    a repetitive loop before actress went on
    break.- so it would be good to see her
    change and have a more stable relationship.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (21-05-2015)

I don't like them as a couple

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post

as long as nancy isn't pushed out by linda for favour of whitney

Shona McGarty has revealed that there's a fresh start ahead for her character Whitney Dean as she becomes a Queen Vic barmaid.

Show bosses have decided to make Whitney more of a permanent fixture behind the bar at the iconic pub, as she continues her relationship with landlord's son Lee Carter.

Speaking about her new role, McGarty laughed: "Whitney would definitely get fired from The Vic because she can't pull a pint! I've been practising all the time but I can't do it. You've either got a knack for it or you haven't, and I can't!

"I do definitely think it's a new start and a new wardrobe for Whitney at the moment. She's also in a new house full of different characters. I think Linda Carter is going to be a huge influence on Whitney to be a strong woman. So Whitney's growing in front of everyone."

Upcoming EastEnders episodes will also see Whitney continue her efforts to support Lee (Danny-Boy Hatchard) as he battles depression.

Lee has been battling with his own private struggles for a while, but he's about to suffer a whole new setback when he inadvertently causes a terrible accident on the Square.

When Lee is asked to fix a faulty fuse at Stacey Branning's flat and fails to do the job properly, it leads to Stacey suffering a nasty electric shock and being rushed to hospital.

The shock incident takes place as Stacey (Lacey Turner) hosts an eventful Halloween party. Her loved ones will be frantic as they wait to hear whether she and her unborn baby will be okay.

Discussing the future of the storyline, McGarty explained: "Whitney is there to support Lee, so that's what I'm playing at the moment. Danny-Boy has done a lot of research and I've done some too. He's brilliant and he's taking it really seriously.

"You'll see that Whitney is just trying everything she can to get Lee through this. Depression isn't something that comes and goes, so she's just trying to be there for him really. She doesn't want to get Mick involved too much because Lee feels that he wants to be a strong son in the family.

"I would like Whitney and Lee to have a wedding, but as Shona I feel that it could be a bit like when you film Christmas and Halloween - when it then actually happens in real life it's a bit weird!

"But I think it'd be great for Whitney. She really likes Lee and she wants him to be the one, but at the moment it's a question of whether he can be, especially because of his depression."

Discussing her future hopes for Whitney, McGarty explained that she'd like to see her confide in Linda over her 2011 sexual exploitation ordeal - believing that it could bring them closer after Linda's rape trauma.

McGarty said: "I have thought about that and I've always felt it would be quite nice for Whitney and Linda to talk about it. I don't think Linda knows what Whitney has gone through and I'd definitely like to work with Kellie Bright more. I think she's brilliant.

"I will be with the Carters this Christmas which will be nice. It's EastEnders and there's always a drama at Christmas. I think it'll be a good Christmas - we're in the process of getting ready to film it at the moment."

Thread Information