Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    It could be a good plot, and serve as a warning to vulnerable kids, if handled sensitively.
    They have worked with the right charities on this so I think it will be handled well.. and from reading the above.. Whitney thinks Rob loves her and she is doing him a favour.. it doesn't seem like prostitution to her.. it was like when Tony too advantage of her.. making her believe he loved her but he was abusing her and that is where the young girl get caught in all this.. they honestly believe their "pimp" is their boyfriend who loves them
    Super Mod

So Lip from Shameless is coming in

I think this might be the storyline that gets Janine and Ryan back together. Cos it looks like Janine is trying to help her and she knows whats going on cos she's been a prostitute herself. Ryans gotta be involved somewhere. Hopefully he will put a stop to it.
    Last edited by sean slater; 31-01-2011 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by sean slater View Post
    I think this might be the storyline that gets Janine and Ryan back together. Cos it looks like Janine is trying to help her and she knows whats going on cos she's been a prostitute herself. Ryans gotta be involved somewhere. Hopefully he will put a stop to it.
    I don't want Ryan and Janine back together and besides, it is Janine that starts her off in all this
    Super Mod

Ricky and Carol dont seem to doing nothing to help her or get her back home by the sounds of it

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I don't want Ryan and Janine back together and besides, it is Janine that starts her off in all this
    I dont know maybe i'm missing something but it doesnt sound like Janine is the one that forces Whitney into prositution. I dont know how she meets this guy though. The fact that the guy attacks Janine at one point though, seems to suggest that she tries to get in the middle of it, in order to protect her.

I think Ryan and Janine should get back together, he's not got a lot on the Square at the moment. And I cant see him staying away long. They've both done horrible things and i reckon they still love each other.
    Last edited by sean slater; 01-02-2011 at 12:33.

The spoilers say that they meet this guy in R&R who thinks they are on the game.. he goes back to the flat with Whitney and it is Janine who says he has to pay up.. so yeah.. Janine starts this all
    Super Mod

ah right! god. thats bad.

John Altman has revealed that he doesn't think EastEnders' new plot is suitable for a family drama.

The actor, who played Nick Cotton in the soap, explained that children who watch the programme will be questioning the storyline which sees 17-year-old Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) become a £50-a-night prostitute.

He told Now: "You've got 6-year-olds watching EastEnders while having their dinner. I don't think children of that age should be watching that sort of thing. They'll be asking, 'Mum, what's that?'"

Altman explained that he thinks the issue is one that needs to be addressed but not when there are "young viewers".

He added: "I think it's all very well that it's part of life. A lot of young ladies turn to prostitution and I've heard of students who do it to pay for their university courses.

"It's fine as far as a storyline goes, but not when you have young viewers."

DS

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    John Altman has revealed that he doesn't think EastEnders' new plot is suitable for a family drama.

The actor, who played Nick Cotton in the soap, explained that children who watch the programme will be questioning the storyline which sees 17-year-old Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) become a £50-a-night prostitute.

He told Now: "You've got 6-year-olds watching EastEnders while having their dinner. I don't think children of that age should be watching that sort of thing. They'll be asking, 'Mum, what's that?'"

Altman explained that he thinks the issue is one that needs to be addressed but not when there are "young viewers".

He added: "I think it's all very well that it's part of life. A lot of young ladies turn to prostitution and I've heard of students who do it to pay for their university courses.

"It's fine as far as a storyline goes, but not when you have young viewers."

DS
    Well 6 year olds have different television programmes. A 6 year old shouldn't watch a soap any time. And what time to have diner anyway.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutchgirl For This Useful Post:

.:SpIcYsPy:. (02-02-2011), Siobhan (02-02-2011)

Thread Information