Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starcross'd (EE fic)

Starcross'd (EE fic)

I got this idea while watching EE and the Leo/Demi storyline - it'll feature them, but also the other Millers and the Taylors and some other characters I'm going to bring in as the residents of the flats. It'll start in the past before the Millers found out Demi was pregnant and before they moved to Walford, but will then move to the present day. I'd really like to know what you think or if you've got any suggestions for what you'd like to see happen, etc. Thanks for reading!

Starcross'd

For once, the flats had fallen relatively quiet – throughout the night there was often loud music, shouting, cars racing around outside, but now it was just after seven in the morning and the most quiet time of the day for the area. In a couple of hours, it would all start again as people began to wake to go about their usual routines, but in the meantime – peace and quiet …

“Keith? Keith, you awake?”

No reply. Not unless you counted the little snore.

“Keith! Wake up – I’ve got to go out.” said his wife impatiently.

A mumbled response before he finally sat up, yawned and then looked at her sleepily, still only half awake.

“Wassamatta?”

“Just got a call about a cleaning job - that little café round the corner …”

“Bit early, innit?”

“Their regular cleaner has dropped them right in it so, who knows, if I do a good job then they might put some more work my way …”

“Good on ya, Rosie, love.” Keith beamed cheerily, “See, I told ya things were looking up!”

“Look like you were right then, don’t it?” she smiled back, “Now, this place is a right tip so I’m just gonna have a quick tidy and then I’m off so you’ll have to make sure the kids get off to school and that I’m not coming back home to a tip again.”

“No problem.” He assured her, “Is Mickey back yet?”

“Yeah, heard him sneaking in around two this morning … thinking he was being quiet.”

“Must have been a good night, eh? Oh, to be that age again … Out with the lads, was he?”

“So he says, but I have my doubts – I reckon he was seeing that Natasha.” Rosie said, as she gathered up armfuls of clothes ready for the linen basket.

“He could do worse …”

“Yeah, but he could do better an’ all …” she sighed.

“What’s this really about, love? You’ve always liked Tash, said so yourself …”

“I know, I know – it’s just … She’ll … She’ll tie him to here and that’s not what I want for my family.” Rosie admitted reluctantly. “Oh, Keith, when are we ever going to get out of this dump?”

“Ayy, come on! I know it ain’t the best area, but we’ve done alright – made ourselves a nice little nest here … I know this stuff with the Taylors isn’t ideal, but it’ll blow over …”

“I know, but I just never imagined ending up staying here forever – I thought things might change, especially with the kids. I half hoped Mickey wouldn’t pack school in first chance he got – thought he might get himself a good job, a way out … Dawn had the right idea when she got away … Oh, listen to me - I ain’t got time to be daydreaming!”

“We do alright, love.” Keith said seriously, “You remember that.”

“Course.” she said with a little smile before hurrying out of the room and into their cramped bathroom, throwing the clothes into the basket, ready for washing. “Look at the mess of this place …” she muttered as she lifted towels from the floor, accidentally knocking over the waste paper basket as she did so and having to set the towels back down so she could replace the contents of the bin. “Always has to happen when you’re in a rush …” she sighed, before stopping dead in her tracks having only just noticed something she had thrown back into the bin without really paying attention.

A shocked look crept over her face and she shook her head in disbelief as she pulled the item back out of the bin. “Oh my God …” she managed faintly before her voice raise to a yell, “Mickey Miller, get your backside in here – NOW!”

to be continued...
    Last edited by Torrie; 27-05-2005 at 12:06.

What has she found come on post more soon i need to know! This is fab btw Torrie!!
    Luv ya
    Layne
    x x x

This is amazing, exactly like the Millers! Well done!
    I can guess what she's found, please please please post more soon!!!

Bex xxx

Leicestershire in the middle of the United Kingdom
    wow this is amazing Torrie please post more babes it's brill
    Thanks Jessie Wallace For My Fab Banner

Thanks Layne, Bex and JBLover - glad you like it!

“I don’t flamin’ believe this! I warned him I dunno how many times … Mickey! Mickey, I said get in here – NOW!” Rosie yelled, shock giving way to anger.

“Mu-um …” he groaned as he appeared in the doorway, still in his boxers and rubbing his eyes. “If it’s about the mess, can’t it wait ‘til a decent hour? Me head’s thumpin’ …”

“You’re lucky I don’t give you a thump! How could you be so stupid?”

Me? What’ve I done? If this is about last night, I just had a few too many …” he began defensively, looking puzzled by his mother’s seemingly over-the-top reaction.

“Don’t you play the innocent with me – that’s not what I’m talking about and you know it!”

“Mum, I ain’t got a clue what yer on about and it’s a bit too early for guessin’ games!”

For a second, she just stood back and glared at her eldest son, shaking her head and seeming lost for words. Then she produced what she had found, holding it out so he could see and waiting expectantly.

“Well, what you got to say for yourself now?” she demanded.

“What’s that?”

“Like you don’t know! I found it in here, in the bin …” She paused, making a little noise of frustration when she only got a blank stare in return. “It’s a pregnancy test. And it’s positive. It’s positive and it’s in our bathroom which means that someone we know is pregnant!”

“You what?” said Mickey in surprise, “Well, what ya looking at me for? It’s hardly gonna be mine!”

Although a little thrown by the fact that he obviously either knew nothing about it or was doing an exceptional job of covering up, Rosie could see no other explanation and so continued with her accusation.

“It’s that girl, ain’t it? She’s gone and got herself pregnant – I knew something like this would happen …” she said in despair, “You’re too young to be tied down with a kid and how do you think you can support them with no decent job? I told you …”

“Mum, stop!” exclaimed Mickey, “Tash ain’t pregnant!”

“Well, someone is! That just makes it worse! So who is she then? Some girl you just met in a club? Does Natasha know about her? Does she know about her?”

“Mum, for cryin’ out loud, calm down - yer gettin’ this all wrong!” Mickey said, having trouble getting a word in edgeways. “This is nothin’ to do with me, I swear!”

“What on earth is goin’ on in ‘ere?” came a voice from the doorway, making Mickey and his mother turn to see Keith watching them. “No need to shout – the neighbours down the hall can probably hear ya!”

“I just want to know what’s goin’ on …” Rosie said, lowering her voice a little. “It was in our bathroom …”

“What was?” asked Keith, still not understanding what they were talking about.

“This.” Rosie said, holding out the kit and trying to calm down in an attempt to find out what was going on. “Mickey, are you sure you don’t know anything about this? When was Natasha last here? Could she have taken the test and not told you?”

“Course not.” he said quickly, but then an unsure look started to cross his face and he sat down suddenly on the edge of the bath. “Nah, she wouldn’t not tell me …” he said, but he didn’t sound so certain anymore. “She’d … She was in ‘ere … Took her time an’ all but ya know what birds are like. She can’t be … Can she?”

“Oh, Mickey …” Rosie sighed, “Ya better call her – find out for sure.”

“Yeah, go on, son.” advised Keith, “And you never know with these tests anyway – they can’t guarantee one hundred percent accuracy anyway, you know. No point in panicking.”

Looking somewhat stunned, Mickey got up and hurried out of the bathroom, heading for his room and pulling on the first clothes he found before hunting for his mobile phone, but he was soon back in the bathroom where Rosie had continued to despair over her son’s future to Keith.

“Her mobile’s switched off and there’s no answer on the home phone.” he said, “I gotta go find her …”

“I thought you were sure it couldn’t be anything to do with you!” Rosie said, her voice rising in her anxiety.

“I dunno, do I? I didn’t think …”

“That’s your problem – you don’t think!”

“Now, Rosie, love, lets just calm down …” Keith tried, but it was too late to avoid disturbing anyone else and the teenage twins appeared in their pyjamas, wondering what all the fuss was about.

“What’s goin’ on?” demanded Darren, “Some of us are tryin’ to sleep!”

“Go back to bed then!” snapped their mother.

“But we can hear you yelling in both our rooms!” Demi said.

“Get ready for school then – be on time for a change!”

“But …”

“Do as your mum says, kids – we’ll sort this out.” Keith said calmly.

“What’s that mum’s got?” asked Darren suddenly, not noticing the look on his twin sister’s face when she followed his gaze. “No way! Mum, you’re not …” But then he glanced up at his brother and his eyes widened, “No WAY! Mickey’s got someone up the duff! Is it Tash? It is, isn’t it?”

“Darren - go to your room!” yelled Rosie, before turning on his brother. “And you, get round the Moores place and talk to that girl!”

“No!” Demi gasped before she could stop herself, having started to look increasingly uncomfortable with the situation.

“Demi, we ain’t got time for your messing - we’ve got enough on our plate with your brother here …”

“It ain’t Mickey’s fault.” she said hesitantly.

“What d’ya mean, Dems?” asked her dad.

“That ain’t Tash’s …” Demi said so quietly they almost didn’t hear her. “It’s mine.”

to be continued ...

Wow! That's Well Good!!! Post More Really Soon!
    LOOK OUYT WORLD! DOLPHIN DRAMA QUEEN IS COMING THROUGH!

I want more, now!!! It's amazing, I love it!

YEAH ,ME TOO! i said that before but it is well cool!

and how did you get that banner? i really like it

ohhhhh,wonder how they'll react, well we no she don't get rid of it but ya no what i mean!
    This is fab torrie, love it please post more soon
    Luv ya
    Layne
    x x x

Thread Information