Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tony King (Chris Coghill)

Good to see they are following the storyline up properly.
    Happy New Year SoapBoards!

yeah, it is good they are following up the storyline, and that we will se the court scenes. I love chris Coghill he is brilliant.

good at least we get a follow up and end to the storyline

I agree its a good move, we need to see the outcome of this

It was a storyline that rocked Albert Square and left the lives of Whitney and Bianca in tatters.

But evil predator Tony King is going to get his just deserts next month, when his case goes to court.

The monster, who pretended to be devoted to Bianca while seducing her underage stepdaughter, is to be sentenced to a massive 13 years behind bars.

A show source says: "He'll get the maximum sentence for raping and grooming poor Whitney, who was just 12 when the abuse started. Everyone is very relieved that he'll be caged for a long time and she'll be a fully grown woman by the time he gets out."

In emotional scenes, nervous Whitney will give her evidence via a video link, before Tony is sentenced on December 14. Gripping stuff.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/...5875-21835821/

Pictures from tv.sky.com showing Tony and Whitney at the trial

Former EastEnders star Chris Coghill has admitted that he struggled to find work following his controversial role as Tony King.

The actor joined the cast of the BBC One soap in July 2008 as paedophile Tony King, who became involved in a child abuse storyline with Whitney Dean, who was 15 at the time.

Chris Coghill as Tony King in Eastenders
    © BBC

Chris Coghill
    © Splash News / James Higgins

Speaking to The Sun, Coghill said: "EastEnders killed my career a bit but to play Tony was such a great acting part because it was so far removed from myself.

"I play wrong 'uns in everything! When I got the script for this I was like, 'Oh, he's really nice, let's look at the next episode. Oh, he's still really nice, and the next one - oh, gosh he's still really nice!'"

Coghill's EastEnders storyline went on to spark more than 200 viewer complaints to the BBC and Ofcom, though the broadcasting regulator eventually ruled that the issue was handled "appropriately and sensitively".

Whitney's story also inspired several victims of child abuse to inform the police and Coghill admits he is proud to have been part of the plot.

He said: "I got a massive array of people coming up to me and saying, 'I think you're brilliant in EastEnders and what you're doing is really important'.

"As a direct result of that storyline, about ten people said, 'That happened to me', and went to the police and there have been quite a few convictions.

"Being an actor doesn't really change people's lives but without being a w**ker, that did. And I'm proud of that."

revisited now his son around

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

mysangry (25-09-2019)

Thread Information