Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who - News and Spoilers

Thumbs up

Series Two and Three

Russell T Davies is quoted at CBBC Newsround about the 'scoop' for season two.

"A Christmas special this year, another series of 13 episodes in 2006, followed by another Christmas special and then 13 more episodes in 2007, which is very exciting," Davies says.

About villains: "Some great new stuff. Some famous old monsters called Cybermen will be coming back and they are as equally scary as the Daleks. They will marching onto your screens into 2006. Lots of new villains too and one or two favourite characters from this year as well. But at the same time the Christmas special has a brand new monster to fight, and that's gonna be good!"

About new planets: "I'm the one who has stopped us going off earth because I think you see an awful lot of shows, expensive good ones like Enterprise and Angel, where they go to another planet or dimension and it looks rubbish, it looks like California in the sunshine with a funny rock. I think that when stuff like Revenge of the Sith is doing the most beautiful planets, no matter what you think of the film, the planets are utterly beautiful and that's on a cinema budget which is a trillion times more than a television show would have. I think it's the hardest thing to do and I'm very wary of looking like rubbish because I think the moment the programme looks rubbish people point at it and laugh in a bad way. I'm very happy if people have fun with it and have a good laugh with it. When you have a bad laugh you've lost the faith and you've lost the audience."

About a story arc for the second season, like the "Bad Wolf" stuff: "Yes there is, and that word has already been heard on screen. And that's all I'm saying. You'll have to go back and trawl through 13 episodes to realise what I'm on about. You'll hear the word in the Christmas special though"

About the Christmas Special: "It's going to be 60 minutes long. It's the first story of the new Doctor played by David Tennant. I remember when I was young it's very strange when a new Doctor comes along, and that's exactly how Rose feels. Her mum gets involved again, but beyond that I can't give anything else away. It's as Christmassy as can be. It's got reindeer, it's got sleigh bells, it's got the works."

About Tennant and his native Scottish accent: "Well, every planet has a Scotland. You'll have to wait and see, there are big revelations on the way and I can't say any more than that."

About reaction to the show: "The thing we're most happy about is that we've got a new young audience watching. Research before we started said children won't watch because their mums and dads liked it. That was terrifying because we wanted a young audience and I especially wanted girls watching because science-fiction is very often seen as a boy's thing, which is why we have so many strong female characters. And a lot of strong emotion in it, because I think that gets girls watching. I'm delighted that young audience has latched on to it."

that was interesting, thanks for that trinity
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity
    "I'm the one who has stopped us going off earth because I think you see an awful lot of shows, expensive good ones like Enterprise and Angel, where they go to another planet or dimension and it looks rubbish, it looks like California in the sunshine with a funny rock.
    I resent that comment. By no means does Angel make other planets look like Cali in sunshine with a funny rock.

Anyways... angry part over now...

The christmas one should be good.
    Last edited by horseygal90; 22-06-2005 at 17:26.

Reindeer.... sleigh bells....Doctor who??? Never thought they would be in the same sentance as each other!

Could be interesting though

Yes, have you seen the bbc's trailers of dr who already? They're already counting it down. I just hope they don't overdo it and spoil it for the fans by over-advertising it. I'm in no doubt that it'll be better now it's been confirmed (in Heat magazine) that Billie Piper is sticking around for the whole of the second series and the 3rd series will take us right into 2007 at least.

Greg out - come on Tim!
    Last edited by Emmak2005; 22-06-2005 at 23:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmak2005
    Yes, have you seen the bbc's trailers of dr who already? They're already counting it down. I just hope they don't overdo it and spoil it for the fans by over-advertising it. I'm in no doubt that it'll be better now it's been confirmed (in Heat magazine) that Billie Piper is sticking around for the whole of the second series and the 3rd series will take us right into 2007 at least.
    yeh ive seen the trailers. i knew that billie piper was going to do all of the 2nd series but i didnt know she was going to do the 3rd as well
    Last edited by di marco; 23-06-2005 at 06:28.
    ~x~Tizzy~x~
    A fool and his money are a girl's best friend

thanks to vicky for making the banna!

She hasn't confirmed for series 3. But series 3 will take us into 2007. I think that is what Emma means.

Y are they showing the trailers this early? I thought it wasn't back until xmas?

when are the trailers on????

There was one on last night, Count Down to Christmas!

Thread Information