Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista

Vista

Looked for a thread couldn't find one so hopefully this is ok. The last 10 years at least ive used windows xp, but tuesday im getting a new laptop that has Vista on, can anyone tell me what they think of it?

Better than XP?
    Worse than XP?
    Takes a while to get used to it?
    Much different to XP?

Anything anyone can tell me about this will be useful...thanks
    xx

Sig dedicated to Charley

My laptop is vista, and my dads is xp and the main computer is xp, and I prefer vista, I didnt have my laptop for 3 weeks and was using the others, and it made me realise how much i prefer mine lol, I dont know why though as I wouldnt say there is much of a difference, it just seems a lot better, and it didnt take any time to get used to it at all, as like i said i dont really see much of a difference, but vista looks a lot nicer imo

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to samantha nixon For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (07-09-2008)

Pretty much the same to be honest.
    im on Vista and i love it - its just that bit better i feel easier to naviagte too
    It looks a bit nicer to, you'll get to grips with it really easy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Layne For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (08-09-2008)

I really like Vista (:
    I find it's really easy to use.

Only downside is that if you don't have some sort of protection on there, it is extremely easy to hack into. My dad's friend found out the hard way, the person who fixed his said it's easier than XP to hack for some reason. ):
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollie-x For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (08-09-2008)

I have a mac now but on windows I preferred xp. It's easier to use, I was looking at my friends vista laptop once, and the word document on it was so confusing to use I didn't know where all the buttons were!
    Peter: So how many are there? Is it bad? Olivia: Did you eat? Peter: Yeah. Olivia: Well, that's unfortunate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to StarsOfCCTV For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (08-09-2008)

i have has vista for 20months and it seems more up to date and modern but i still think i prefer XP! my laptop has office 2007 on it too and i find word so weird compared to the old one! i hate using it! plus if you send someone an attachment you have to change it to make the document compatible with their version of word unless they have 2007 too, oh dont get me started!!!
    Last edited by pookie1968uk; 07-09-2008 at 20:48.
    POOKIE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pookie1968uk For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (08-09-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by StarsOfCCTV View Post
    I have a mac now but on windows I preferred xp. It's easier to use, I was looking at my friends vista laptop once, and the word document on it was so confusing to use I didn't know where all the buttons were!
    the word only depends on what version of microsfot you have, you can have the older version on vista aswell

I have 2007 microsoft and I prefer that to the older ones, I think its a lot better

take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints and kill nothing but time

13. The Following User Says Thank You to samantha nixon For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (08-09-2008)

Got a new laptop yesterday...i think im getting there with Vista...still a bit unsure and find myself having to think about what i am doing at times but slowly working it out.

Nice laptop though...mind you for £500 it wants to be

Sig dedicated to Charley

Jojo is offline **Debs Official Stalker**
    I love Vista. There were compatibility problems when it first came out, but I think most of them have been ironed out now. If I have to use hubby's laptop, which is on XP, I find it horrible, even though, really, there isn't a huge amount of difference between them, bar appearance to an extent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:

Xx-Vicky-xX (11-09-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    I love Vista. There were compatibility problems when it first came out, but I think most of them have been ironed out now. If I have to use hubby's laptop, which is on XP, I find it horrible, even though, really, there isn't a huge amount of difference between them, bar appearance to an extent.
    I think the only problem im constantly having is remembering that Vista does not have the same way of shutting down the computer as XP does the rest i think i am getting used to.

Sig dedicated to Charley

Thread Information