Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Rememberance

9/11 Rememberance

Just wondering really does anyone else's school/college/work etc. do a minutes silence in memory of those who died & fought in the 9/11 attacks? We do every year which I think is really nice.

I remember watching it on the news and saw the second plane hit the second tower as it happened. Can't believe it's been 7 years since already.
    Do you remember what you were doing when it happened?
    •♥Celine: Through The Eyes Of The World - 02/18/2010♥•
    BlackBerry Pin: 21F35441

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie-x View Post
    Just wondering really does anyone else's school/college/work etc. do a minutes silence in memory of those who died & fought in the 9/11 attacks? We do every year which I think is really nice.

I remember watching it on the news and saw the second plane hit the second tower as it happened. Can't believe it's been 7 years since already.
    Do you remember what you were doing when it happened?
    My school did when i was there....probably do still but i still remember it (msn name usually) Urm i was at school at the time...i remember seeing it on the news but not alot else
    Last edited by Xx-Vicky-xX; 11-09-2008 at 16:27.

Sig dedicated to Charley

Not anymore.. they did it for the 1st year
    Super Mod

I hold my own little remembrance every year, I still get upset thinking about it. A cousin was working in the WTC then but was out of the office that morning, another cousing works in the Pentagon and was on holiday that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    I hold my own little remembrance every year, I still get upset thinking about it. A cousin was working in the WTC then but was out of the office that morning, another cousing works in the Pentagon and was on holiday that day.
    Gosh, they were lucky. My teacher said her friend was the same today, he was ill that day and so didn't go into work.

I still get a bit upset i guess...though i cant really call it upset cos im not the emotional type like that but i have it in my name every year (well since 2005 as that is the year i went to NY so that was when it really started meaning something)

Sig dedicated to Charley

Quote Originally Posted by Xx-Vicky-xX View Post
    I still get a bit upset i guess...though i cant really call it upset cos im not the emotional type like that but i have it in my name every year (well since 2005 as that is the year i went to NY so that was when it really started meaning something)
    I do. And i'm definitely the emotional type! I was watching World Trade Centre on sky the other day and I cried all the way through!

Oh my how could I have forgotten! I always think it's 9th November because the date is written the other way around..!
    No, our school is stupid like that and it anger's me!

I do. And i'm definitely the emotional type! I was watching World Trade Centre on sky the other day and I cried all the way through!
    I love the beginning of that. I was having this discussion with Siobhan the other day funnily enough, but i find it so boring when you got the blokes talking for ages.

The best film/documentary about it is one where the plane comes towards the offices and you see it flying over their heads (Shiv knows the name of it so she can tell us hehe)

Sig dedicated to Charley

I love the beginning of that. I was having this discussion with Siobhan the other day funnily enough, but i find it so boring when you got the blokes talking for ages.

The best film/documentary about it is one where the plane comes towards the offices and you see it flying over their heads (Shiv knows the name of it so she can tell us hehe)
    Yeah, it was kinda boring. I didn't realise though, until the end, that the characters were based on real people which I though was really nice. It got me the most when they played actuall footage, like from the news programmes.

Thread Information