Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Katie (Sammy Winward)

Sammy Winward has revealed Katie Sugden thinks boyfriend Declan Macey's latest proposal is a joke.

Katie is set to storm out on businessman Declan - played by Jason Merrells - after he sides with his sister Megan and her son Robbie when Katie falls out with Robbie (Jamie Shelton), simply because he needs Megan's help with his latest money-making scheme.

But when Katie leaves, Declan pops the question... again.

Sammy said: "This is the third time he's asked her to marry him. She thinks he's just joking to get her back to the house at first. So she's like 'Thanks for the offer, but I'm going to go and have a bath now', she's very cool. She says, 'Come and join me if you want.'

"She's not leaving and he's like, 'No seriously I want to marry you', and he gets out this beautiful diamond ring, which is ridiculously big, and of course she says yes!"

The 26-year-old actress revealed Katie is delighted to have that security after Robbie and Megan thought they had got rid of her, but insisted she does love Declan.

She said: "I think she definitely, genuinely does. I think if she didn't, she would have walked away a long time ago, because they have been through a lot of struggles, and him closing down a lot, and being very cold to her at times when he was going through Mia dying."

Katie's row with Robbie is sparked when he makes a pass at her, and then attacks her when she tried to tell everyone about it. Despite showing Declan CCTV footage, he says Robbie can stay at Home Farm to keep Megan on side.

Despite the clash between Robbie and Katie, Sammy laughed: "We'll probably have an affair next year - I've no idea what will happen. But they won't make up any time soon."

Cool Sammy Winward Interview

Emmerdale's Katie Macey drifts even further apart from new husband Declan next week as she cannot see a future for their marriage.

Katie causes chaos in the coming days when she pulls out of being baby Molly's godmother on the day of the youngster's christening, feeling awkward about her involvement as she may not be able to have children of her own.

Viewers will see Katie confide in ex-partner Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) about how she's feeling, which leaves Declan out in the cold. With Katie repeatedly rejecting Declan's support, is there any hope left for the Maceys?

Here, Sammy Winward - who plays Katie - reveals her thoughts on the drama to come, and offers some no-nonsense advice to her character!

How would you say Katie has been coping with the news that she may not be able to conceive?
    "Katie is devastated over the possibility that she can never have kids. It's not for definite because she has only lost one ovary, but in her head, that's it - she'll never be able to have children and she's devastated by it.

"Because Katie has been a surrogate for someone else and she's already had a miscarriage, she thinks that she's had her chances and can't have any children."

Is Declan being supportive towards Katie?
    "Yeah, Declan is actually being very, very supportive! He's doing everything he possibly can to make her feel better about it, but unfortunately I think Katie feels smothered by the way he's handling it."

Does Katie still love Declan and want their marriage to work?
    "Yeah, I think she does deep down. She really loves Declan, but she's struggling with all the situations they've found themselves in - like falling down a mine, Megan and Robbie causing trouble, and now the possibility that they can't have children.

"It's a lot to deal with in any relationship, and Katie seems to be blaming Declan for a lot of it. She shouldn't do that, really, as it's not his fault!"

Can Katie try to make things work, or has she lost hope?
    "Katie can't really see how to move things forward. I think she's decided that's it for the pair of them, unless they have a break or something like that. Katie has got to the point where she can't bear to be around Declan. Everything that he says is winding her up, so she's snapping at him and just being a nightmare. It's not good!"

How big a part has Katie's recent accident played in the marriage problems?
    "The relationship wasn't right in the first place, even before the accident. They had the argument where Declan said he wasn't sure how he felt about Katie just before she fell through the mine. That's still on her mind.

"It's not just due to the accident or the issue of not having children, there were problems before any of this happened. But the things that have happened afterwards have meant that it's too much for Katie to take."

How does Katie feel about Gennie asking her to be Molly's godmother, given that she might not be able to have a baby herself?
    "Katie pretends that she's okay with it and goes along with it, because she thinks maybe she'll feel better about it in the future. But she chickens out at completely the wrong time - on the day of the christening!"

What kind of a role does Andy play in the storyline?
    "Katie confides a lot in Andy and she seeks a great deal of comfort from him. Andy is her oldest friend and ex-husband, so I think Declan gets very upset when he sees how close they're becoming again.

"Katie can talk to Andy about everything, but she's not opening up to Declan at all, which is really hurtful for him."

What does Andy think Katie should do about the christening?
    "Andy thinks Gennie shouldn't have asked Katie in the first place as it's slightly insensitive after everything that's happened. He's worried that having a baby around all the time would be very hurtful for Katie.

"In the end, Katie tells Gennie herself that she doesn't want to go through with it, and it's Andy who comforts Katie. They go on a long walk together, which again is very upsetting for Declan."

Declan tries to warn Andy off in the end. How would Katie feel if she found out about that?
    "I think she'd be very annoyed about that. Anything Declan does at the moment winds her up and she shouts at him over the smallest thing, so if she found out something like that, she'd be very unhappy!"

Would you give Katie any advice?
    "Yes - stop being such a cow! I think she's being really, really harsh on Declan, bless him. He's trying really hard and she can't see that. Katie sees it as Declan being selfish when actually he's really trying. She needs to stop being so mean to him."

Are you still confident that Katie and Declan are a good match?
    "Yeah, I think they make a really good couple, actually. They both give each other a run for their money which is really good. They are good together, they just have a hell of a lot of issues to sort out before they get there!"

Is there a part of you that would like to see Katie and Andy get back together?
    "I don't know - it's the eternal question for Katie and Andy! Maybe one day that might happen, but finally they've been able to sit down just as friends without any feelings for each other beyond friendship. It's been nice to do those scenes with Kelvin. I think the friendship is probably stronger than them just jumping into bed with each other again."

How do you think the viewers would feel about Katie and Andy reuniting?
    "They'd probably be split - some people would definitely say, 'Oh my God, Katie's moved onto somebody else!' But then others would think it's brilliant because they've known each other for a long time, and it'd be childhood sweethearts getting back together."

How have you found playing Lady of the Manor at Home Farm?
    "It's been great, but it's not been as I expected - there's been a lot more going on than I'd thought. It hasn't just been flouncing around the house in high heels and posh dresses! There hasn't been much of that but maybe some of that will come. Some bitchy scenes in Home Farm shouting at people would be good!

"I also love working with Jason Merrells, because he's awesome and funny. He's very professional, but we do get the giggles together a lot, which is nice because if you're working with someone a lot, it's nice to have a jokey relationship as well.

"We get on really well and it's the same with the whole Home Farm set - Jason, Nicola Wheeler, Gaynor Faye and Jamie Shelton. We really enjoy ourselves at work!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Emmerdale's Katie Macey drifts even further apart from new husband Declan next week as she cannot see a future for their marriage.

Katie causes chaos in the coming days when she pulls out of being baby Molly's godmother on the day of the youngster's christening, feeling awkward about her involvement as she may not be able to have children of her own.

Viewers will see Katie confide in ex-partner Andy (Kelvin Fletcher) about how she's feeling, which leaves Declan out in the cold. With Katie repeatedly rejecting Declan's support, is there any hope left for the Maceys?

Here, Sammy Winward - who plays Katie - reveals her thoughts on the drama to come, and offers some no-nonsense advice to her character!

How would you say Katie has been coping with the news that she may not be able to conceive?
    "Katie is devastated over the possibility that she can never have kids. It's not for definite because she has only lost one ovary, but in her head, that's it - she'll never be able to have children and she's devastated by it.

"Because Katie has been a surrogate for someone else and she's already had a miscarriage, she thinks that she's had her chances and can't have any children."

Is Declan being supportive towards Katie?
    "Yeah, Declan is actually being very, very supportive! He's doing everything he possibly can to make her feel better about it, but unfortunately I think Katie feels smothered by the way he's handling it."

Does Katie still love Declan and want their marriage to work?
    "Yeah, I think she does deep down. She really loves Declan, but she's struggling with all the situations they've found themselves in - like falling down a mine, Megan and Robbie causing trouble, and now the possibility that they can't have children.

"It's a lot to deal with in any relationship, and Katie seems to be blaming Declan for a lot of it. She shouldn't do that, really, as it's not his fault!"

Can Katie try to make things work, or has she lost hope?
    "Katie can't really see how to move things forward. I think she's decided that's it for the pair of them, unless they have a break or something like that. Katie has got to the point where she can't bear to be around Declan. Everything that he says is winding her up, so she's snapping at him and just being a nightmare. It's not good!"

How big a part has Katie's recent accident played in the marriage problems?
    "The relationship wasn't right in the first place, even before the accident. They had the argument where Declan said he wasn't sure how he felt about Katie just before she fell through the mine. That's still on her mind.

"It's not just due to the accident or the issue of not having children, there were problems before any of this happened. But the things that have happened afterwards have meant that it's too much for Katie to take."

How does Katie feel about Gennie asking her to be Molly's godmother, given that she might not be able to have a baby herself?
    "Katie pretends that she's okay with it and goes along with it, because she thinks maybe she'll feel better about it in the future. But she chickens out at completely the wrong time - on the day of the christening!"

What kind of a role does Andy play in the storyline?
    "Katie confides a lot in Andy and she seeks a great deal of comfort from him. Andy is her oldest friend and ex-husband, so I think Declan gets very upset when he sees how close they're becoming again.

"Katie can talk to Andy about everything, but she's not opening up to Declan at all, which is really hurtful for him."

What does Andy think Katie should do about the christening?
    "Andy thinks Gennie shouldn't have asked Katie in the first place as it's slightly insensitive after everything that's happened. He's worried that having a baby around all the time would be very hurtful for Katie.

"In the end, Katie tells Gennie herself that she doesn't want to go through with it, and it's Andy who comforts Katie. They go on a long walk together, which again is very upsetting for Declan."

Declan tries to warn Andy off in the end. How would Katie feel if she found out about that?
    "I think she'd be very annoyed about that. Anything Declan does at the moment winds her up and she shouts at him over the smallest thing, so if she found out something like that, she'd be very unhappy!"

Would you give Katie any advice?
    "Yes - stop being such a cow! I think she's being really, really harsh on Declan, bless him. He's trying really hard and she can't see that. Katie sees it as Declan being selfish when actually he's really trying. She needs to stop being so mean to him."

Are you still confident that Katie and Declan are a good match?
    "Yeah, I think they make a really good couple, actually. They both give each other a run for their money which is really good. They are good together, they just have a hell of a lot of issues to sort out before they get there!"

Is there a part of you that would like to see Katie and Andy get back together?
    "I don't know - it's the eternal question for Katie and Andy! Maybe one day that might happen, but finally they've been able to sit down just as friends without any feelings for each other beyond friendship. It's been nice to do those scenes with Kelvin. I think the friendship is probably stronger than them just jumping into bed with each other again."

How do you think the viewers would feel about Katie and Andy reuniting?
    "They'd probably be split - some people would definitely say, 'Oh my God, Katie's moved onto somebody else!' But then others would think it's brilliant because they've known each other for a long time, and it'd be childhood sweethearts getting back together."

How have you found playing Lady of the Manor at Home Farm?
    "It's been great, but it's not been as I expected - there's been a lot more going on than I'd thought. It hasn't just been flouncing around the house in high heels and posh dresses! There hasn't been much of that but maybe some of that will come. Some bitchy scenes in Home Farm shouting at people would be good!

"I also love working with Jason Merrells, because he's awesome and funny. He's very professional, but we do get the giggles together a lot, which is nice because if you're working with someone a lot, it's nice to have a jokey relationship as well.

"We get on really well and it's the same with the whole Home Farm set - Jason, Nicola Wheeler, Gaynor Faye and Jamie Shelton. We really enjoy ourselves at work!"

she should leave or be killed off, pointless character and she is making declan miserable

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-02-2013)

She's just miserable to watch, she's just as bad as priya -_-

Quote Originally Posted by dinglemafia View Post
    Your not wrong there Cameron killed to wrong two cast members.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by dinglemafia View Post
    Your not wrong there Cameron killed to wrong two cast members.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe O'brien For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (10-02-2013)

Katie/Sammy.
    don't take any notice of the horrible stuff some people say about you on here.
    it's not your fault the writers are making you miserable.
    i think you're really good!
    Last edited by dale77; 03-02-2013 at 14:21. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    she should leave or be killed off, pointless character and she is making declan miserable
    She's making Declan miserable, he was born that way, not the gold digger everyone thought her but Declan wants to know her every move and wants to totally control everything she does. Its her I feel sorry for getting involved with that misery.

I see there is to be something maybe with him and Charity, can see this coming a mile off, they get drunk and sleep together and she falls pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    She's making Declan miserable, he was born that way, not the gold digger everyone thought her but Declan wants to know her every move and wants to totally control everything she does. Its her I feel sorry for getting involved with that misery.

I see there is to be something maybe with him and Charity, can see this coming a mile off, they get drunk and sleep together and she falls pregnant.

Thread Information